AIP-100: To incentivize decision making activity by rewarding ApeCoin DAO voters with free NFTs

APECOINS are NOT NFTs - those are to9kens. How this is rewards the apecoin holders? Are they getting a pay cut from the series?

1 Like

They will be rewarded not by $APE tokens, but NFTs from a new collection.

1 Like

So you saying new collections will put more stuff i my hidden folder? ā€¦ IDKATā€¦

1 Like

I did not say that. The NFTs will be minted only by those who are interested.

1 Like

No other way to put it but incentivizing voting has been tried for centuries. It is a silly idea eventually. Not supporting thisā€¦

2 Likes

Can you elaborate on your point with examples about incentivizing voting has been tried for centuries? And why the idea is silly? This will help me to understand your opinion better.

1 Like

Voting should always be voluntary - as simple as that. There should be no strings attached whatsoever. Incentizes lead to manipulation and profiteering which should be avoided to maintain the integrity of the voting process.

2 Likes

Totally agree with you that voting should always be voluntary, and the proposal donā€™t obligate anyone to vote. The idea of the proposal is to turn passive holders into voters by rewarding them for their time. This will make the voting more decentralized, the ApeCoin DAO needs that.

Can you please elaborate on your point with examples about incentivizing voting has been tried for centuries? I donā€™t remember anything similar.

1 Like

Offering rewards for voting is a form of manipulation that undermines the integrity of the voting process. It sends a message that voters are not motivated by their own beliefs and values, but instead need to be bribed to participate. This not only devalues the democratic process, but also opens the door for fraud and unequal distribution of resources, as some individuals may falsely claim rewards or prioritize their own financial gain over their civic duty. Furthermore, offering rewards for voting can also be seen as a form of bribery, which is illegal in many countries and can lead to serious legal consequences for election officials. In short, vitiating the voting process by offering rewards for voting is a wrong and unethical practice that undermines the principles of democracy and the importance of genuine engagement.

1 Like

The claims you made are misguided and do not accurately reflect the motivations and benefits of offering rewards for voting. In the context of ApeCoin DAO, offering a free NFT collection as a reward for active voting serves to bring more decentralization and democracy to the decision-making process. By motivating voters to participate, the community can achieve a more well-informed and representative decision-making process.

The assertion that offering rewards for voting is a form of bribery and illegal in many countries is misleading. While bribery seeks to influence or manipulate the behavior of the recipient, rewards for voting are designed to encourage participation and civic engagement. Furthermore, many countries have specific laws and regulations in place that allow for such programs, provided that they are implemented in a transparent and fair manner.

Incentivizing voters through reward systems is not a form of bribery, as long as the rewards are openly and fairly offered to all eligible voters.

Itā€™s also worth noting that objections to reward systems for voting may come from those with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo, such as whales who hold a large amount of tokens. These individuals may prefer a low voter turnout as it gives them more control and influence over the decision-making process. However, by incentivizing a larger portion of the community to participate in the voting process, this can lead to a more equitable distribution of power and a more representative outcome. Which whales donā€™t want.

1 Like

Hi! and if those NFTĀ“s could somehow increase the APR on the staking for exampleā€¦ even if it was for very low numbersā€¦? :smiley:

1 Like

Donā€™t think that this is possible.

1 Like

Seems a well intentioned idea, however it runs the risk of people voting - especially ā€œAbstainā€ - just for the goodies.

Bad enough that 50.00001% is a passing grade, but unless people vote out of sincere interest and knowledgeā€¦ might get greater quantity of votes with goodies but will probably decrease quality.

1 Like

My idea is that by rewarding voters we will convert passive holders into voters, a part of them will be coverted into active community members and builders.

Talking about quality, I want to remind that voters are holding $APE tokens and they have a clear interest in right desisions, so most of them will at least read proposals in order not to make a mistake.

1 Like

I have made the difficult decision to withdraw my proposal, which has unfortunately been stuck in moderation since August. As much as I believe in the potential of the DAO, the lengthy delay has led me to conclude that it may not be the right avenue for my ideas.

While I have no doubt that the DAO has many talented and innovative contributors, the level of bureaucracy within the DAO is so overwhelming that it has become bogged down by numerous and insurmountable obstacles. As such, I have decided not to participate in the DAO.

4 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@ASEC has requested to withdraw their application. This AIP will be moved to and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like