AIP-106: POAP Voting Rewards

Thanks for the feedback! And you present a really cool idea. I’m not knowledgable w/ how to distribute soul bound tokens through snapshot. It could require a custom integration w/ the API. I’ll dig more into this! We might able to redeem standard POAPS for them, or develop a flow that works around the technical limitations. This specific AIP is meant to be done at a low cost.

If unable to immediately integrate soul bound, we can look at how to use them in the future. Other feedback here has also indicated a desire to further the rewards & a reputation system like you suggest would be really cool to see implemented. Lots of options for how to proceed w/ this stuff.

5 Likes

I’ve removed the Ledger POAP allocation. They’re working out the details of their plan & will move forward independently. This AIP has a total allocation of 400 apecoin for (4) winners. Contest rules may recieve an update before final snapshot voting, @Vulkan and others would like to see twitter polling used in the contest in a “March Madness” bracket fashion. Working that out now!

4 Likes

One thing to clarify… is anyone able to submit the art or is it limited to ApeCoin holders? I think we should keep it open. Would be cool to get artists their first APE!

6 Likes

I agree, the more the better! There is a technical challenge though. The forum requires holding at least 1 $APE to post. Any user can make an account, but posting is token-gated. Not sure how to get around that. When marketing, the plan is to tell them to purchase 1 APE to enter. Not ideal.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @0xSword for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @0xSword please see your messages for the next steps.

-Pearson

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@0xSword has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

2 Likes

@0xSword has updated their Draft and it is in our review once again. You can check out the changes by clicking the pencil icon at the top right of the post.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

2 Likes

This is a great idea.

For further consideration, we could use galxe (arbitrum and optimism using, amongst others), to set up quests attributable to governance participation and/or obtaining forum badges. Incentivize community to design NFTs like the POAP.

y.at gems are pretty cool too. could set one up to give an OG y.at mirror for those early participants in governance. https://opensea.io/collection/yat-gems.

also proposed xp system like aavegotchi elsewhere in the forums. including here to consolidate ideas into one post.

4 Likes

Good call out for Galxe, (Formerly Project Galaxy) they have a lot of active users who monitor the site for active NFT campaigns which could be good or bad for us depending on how you view incentivizing voter turn-out. It probably can’t be more bad than good though right?

Galxe calls them OATs, or On-chain achievement tokens, but they are essentially the same as POAPs or any other NFT proving attendance or an action occurred. I know there isn’t a dedicated ApeCoin DAO Marketing Team (yet :smirk:), but having a project Galxe campaign would drive a ton of participation in anticipation of earning the NFT.

I think we need to be careful here though, as its not enough to encourage people to vote, they need to understand what they’re voting for. :smile: That’s where the Communications team comes in though. :handshake:

I need to look more into the Aavegotchi XP system you mentioned, is this XP system why they have such high voter turnout?

2 Likes

Yes, the system bootstrapped early participation that formed good habits, leading to continued and thoughtful participation.

They incentivize productive AIPs and voting within a broader gamified xp system that we dont have here just yet, but it’s a good framework to build ideas from.

2 Likes

After review, this Topic submitted by @0xSword is ready for vote under AIP-106: POAP Voting Rewards. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release date and time, which is tonight at 9PM EST.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

4 Likes

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM ET.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimise for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

-Pearson

1 Like

The voting period has closed for this proposal and it has been accepted with a 99.8% pass rate. The proposal will be passed on for implementation.

Follow this proposal under the AIP Transparency and Execution Category. A new post has been created here, Implementation Update | AIP-106: POAP Voting Rewards, and further updates will be posted.

- river

8 Likes