AIP-123: Apeverse - A Multi-language Web Hub for Ape Ecosystem and $APE Holders

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@ChrisL has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft. The changes can be found when clicking the orange pencil icon(image) next to the post

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

- river

Hi Novo. The topic is re-open, and let me answer your questions. :smiley:

1. Our current plan is to cover the east and southeast Asia. China, Korea, and Japan are all in east Asia. Languages in SEA are more diverse while some users understand English especially in Singapore. We will expand more languages as the project grows.

2. We have both goals of onboarding new and serving current users better. The way to attract new users is to provide a friendly hub for them to check and engage with the community, which is the proposal we posted. We will partner with media and communities to deliver our news and activities to a larger user base.

3. You are absolutely correct. We have accepted your advice and changed the budget on the invited writers part. We do have a plan of having an in-house editor, which is called “content operations” described in the budget.

4. We can hire one content operator who speaks several languages to save the cost. There are many talents in our area who can do this job. Plus, our founders are international backgrounds and could cover some of the work. When we expand to new areas we may need to onboard new team members but we hope the revenue could cover those by then.

Hope I answered all your concerns. Let me know if you have more comments or advice. :hugs:

4 Likes

So far I’m loving this idea. However, I have two questions:

1. Do you think that a chat function around ApeCoin might attract people who’s only goal is to try to manipulate the price instead of building out the ecosystem? (see CoinMarketCap’s ApeCoin comment section)

2. What do you estimate the cost will be to continue operations after the first year?

3 Likes

I guess I’m most interested to know what you’re going to talk about. Price action, or proposals, or community sentiment? What kind of content can we expect? Are these writers going to be here on the forums, tracking and reading the status of proposals? Will they include a bias or act entirely neutral?

4 Likes

Hi Morphix. Thanks for the reply. We have the chat module on different pages, and price discussion is only encouraged on the coin page. The rationale is, people need a place to talk about price, and we want to attract different user bases, say traders in the coin section. In addition, we encourage professional analysis and that’s why we introduce the tipping system. To talk about building the ecosystem, other pages would have the function.

It might be hard for us to estimate the cost for year 2 now because our goal is to have some revenue to cover the continued operation. We will re-estimate based on the growth of areas (maybe onboard new members) before the end of year 1. Let me know if you have more comments. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi Sword. Glad to see your questions. I think you are talking about the invited writers part right? We don’t set restrictions on the content. Anything about the Ape ecosystem is welcome, including the recent status or news of AIPs.

We have 2 ways to select writers. 1) We will reach out to writers with track records of posting on well-known crypto media or writing Ape-related articles. 2) There will be a place to submit articles on the website for public selection. We assume the writers are non-bias (please refer to the example in the appendix: The Successful Evolution of BAYC: Anatomy of the Brand Value Beh… — 0xChrisL) but we will also review the articles before posting.

I know Gazette has a good resource of content. We’d love to connect if you have referrals. :grin:

4 Likes

Our team has reviewed and discussed @ChrisL’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

@ChrisL has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-river

I love this idea, great job.
When you perform Merch design module, you can also refer to a previous AIP-84.

3 Likes

Sure thanks for your support Tommy!

1 Like

We have sent a list of follow up questions to the author

Kind Regards,

- river

@ChrisL has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-river

After review, this Topic submitted by @ChrisL is ready for vote under AIP-123: Apeverse - A Multi-language Web Hub for Ape Ecosystem and $APE Holders. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release date and time, which is every Thursday at 9PM ET.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

3 Likes

Hello @ChrisL!

It looks like your proposal (AIP-123) will be headed to snapshot soon, congrats!

The @ApeComms team likes to extend invitations to all authors with live AIPs to our next AIP Roundup Twitter Spaces every Monday at 12PM PT. You can see our old AIP Roundups here.

I was wondering if you would be available Monday, Dec 5th at 12PM PT, to go over your AIP live on Twitter with the community? :slight_smile:

Please let me know! I would love to ask you some questions! :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Aha! Yes of course I’d love to join the space. Thanks for inviting me. Talk to you soon!

2 Likes

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM ET.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimise for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

-Escape

The voting has closed for this proposal and it has not been accepted.

This Topic will be moved to and remain in the Reject AIPs subcategory.

-Pearson