AIP-135: The Ape Board - all in dashboard for the ApeCoin & Yuga Community

Similarweb shows less than 5k monthly active sessions. For B2C platform, we need more validation.

Below are comparison between PFPedia, Torum (a socialfi platform) and Yuga’s home page.

3 Likes

With those screenshots, you’re doing two things:

1. You’re comparing us to a landing page (yuga.com) belonging to the number one and most famous NFT project in web3. This LP (as shown in your screenshot) has an average of 24 seconds on the page. It’s also a basic informative landing page backlinked through thousands of articles and an immense online presence of Yuga.
  2. You’re comparing us, a 5-months old platform, to Torum, a 4-year-old platform that raised consequent money. Torum has some activity/traction (diff amount of traffic VS likes/comments on posts), but lower than the one such an old/social platform should have. It’s also a completely different product and not an NFT niche platform.

Moreover, Similarweb does not work for platforms with < 5-10k monthly visits. Hence even if summing up, those “visits” would grant us a notable amount of WAU.

You’re comparing oranges to apples with an inaccurate data point.

Our core product is a software that saves people time, by keeping up with the latest news and exploring web3. What matters for SaaS platforms is active users, recurring users, not unique visits. The unique visits you’re showing while showing some limited insights are mostly vanity metrics (they’re not a key north star metric and don’t indicate whether the business is successful, etc…). Same stands for other awareness metrics

Our core users are collectors and heavy collectors. You’re probably aware of the number of wallets owning and trading NFTs these days (TAM); it’s not millions, it’s not billions. Some users can be considered businesses (if you own a certain amount of value in NFTs > your regular job income, for instance).

So what if your argument was fair and valid?
Then what is your investment thesis behind APE DAO?
As you wouldn’t work on financing any early-stage pre-product-market-fit project, would you stick to funding well-established platforms and brands to develop affiliated APE/BAYC products?
And would you make no room for new early-stage projects to prove and build new and beautiful web3 experiences?

I’m pretty interested in your thoughts on those questions.

4 Likes

1 - Addressing competition and value add
How can we learn from these competitors to improve our proposal? How competitors are growing and retaining users in bear market are questions we want to ask.
There are at least 5 socialfi projects who can submit competitive proposals. We want to see how pfpedia has competitive advantage than all of them.

• Torum token was launched on Oct 1st, 2020
  • Taki.app | token-powered social network | 70k monthly visits as of September, grew from 25k monthly visits in June 2022, launched March 2022
  • XPLUS | Social Platform for Creators and Viewers | 50k+ Google Store downloads | Launched on Dec 2021

Given that they will be competing proposals, Why pfpedia and not other socialfi platforms?

2 - pfpedia is a platform with daily active users and monthly active users.
“I don’t quite understand your question there. I assume you’re talking about daily active users from those communities on pfpedia. We get 20 to 30% of users registering from those community partnerships that stay active and sometime become daily users.” - pfpmedia, Nov 16, 2022

Given we already have BAYC, BAKC and Otherside pages established in pfpedia at

We would like to see the MAU and DAU to understand the value add on the growth, retention for these communities mentioned.

• How many users are active in these pages? (Monthly to Daily)
  • What have been the growth last 3 months?
  • Have you inquired BAYC and Otherdeed holders on their feedback?
  • Who are the iconic BAYC holders in our community that use it daily?
  • What are these daily active, monthly active users feedback?
  • How much time they have saved from using the platform?
  • What areas of improvement these active users would like to make?

4 Likes

I love the idea, and I think if executed correctly, it’ll be very valuable to the community. So thanks for proposing!
A few points I’d love to see improved, however:

• The center of this proposal is the front-end UI. I’d love to see a more refined mock-up before the vote so it’s easy for everyone to see how this is going to work in the end.
  • I agree with the other commentators that the focus of the dashboard should be ongoing initiatives, upcoming projects and events, and the community in general - rather than floor prices.

Cheers

4 Likes

Not sure I fully grasp the relevancy of your questions.

Pfpedia is only a demonstration of our ability to build and execute.
Your DD questions feel both oddly specific and irrelevant because the approach we are taking with this proposal is focused on a specific use case (the Ape Board), which differs from pfpedia’s core value proposal & product.
So I’m not sure how deep you would need to understand growth, retention and DAU on pfpedia to actually evaluate the feasibility of the Ape Board, and unrelated product.

You also seem to contradict yourself by saying that there are other socialfi platforms who could submit a similar proposal, then by saying that they WILL be submitting proposals. Either you have information we don’t, or this argument seems a little far fetched to me and could be applied to every single proposal within this Discourse.

Furthermore, we are not coming forward as a socialfi platform, we are coming over as builders who know and understand the community that can create an easy dashboard for all BAYC users.

The way we could improve our proposal is by speaking with members of the community, not competitors.

I appreciate the back and forth and your need for clarity. Thank you for your questions and I hope these answers will provide a little more insight.

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-Pearson

Hello Pearson,

I am not sure I understand. We did not receive any new questions, and it’s not clear what the next steps for voting/implementation are? we are ready to go and just waiting for a sign from the DAO.

Our last response was 19 days ago, so this does not go against DAO-approved guidelines.

This AIP has close to 900 views at 70 likes, and we spent hours answering every single question here.

Please let us know what we can do on our end to make this move forward?

much appreciated

Demian

1 Like

@Demian has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

We have sent a list of follow up questions. We await answers.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-Escape