AIP-143: Bluetail, Apecoin DAO's Decentralized Record Label

Great Idea @Mantis - LFG!

2 Likes

Hi @Mantis,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Escape

Thanks for your proposal. I really love how youā€™ve been connecting with and listening to members of the community to strengthen it. I think itā€™s a great idea, and especially like that the focus is on emerging artists rather than a couple big partnerships. I look forward to seeing how this progresses!

4 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to present Bluetail and discuss it so thoroughly with the community Mantis! It means a lot that you took the time to seek input from others on a more individual basis, and all our interactions leave me with confidence in a passionate, energetic founder who is smart and passionate enough to build out their vision.

Iā€™m especially excited by the focus Bluetail is taking on international and emerging markets! Would love to hear about your existing networks internationally and your plan for onboarding international talent- are there certain countries or regions you would target first, or certain strategies you would use such as connecting with local students? Also, since we have many international Bored Ape branches and associations, what are your thoughts on partnering with them for local events and supporting local artists internationally?

Looking forward to seeing this come back as a draft, best of luck Mantis!

-Halina.eth :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

Hi @Mantis,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Escape

2 Likes

Iā€™m content with feedback received.

Very important questions to address here before the thread closes. I appreciate you, Novo, and everyone, for taking this idea seriously enough to ask these questions.

While I see and love all the great new things and approaches you bring to the table, I donā€™t think we need to necessarily demarcate communities so sharply (harshly? Lol).

For SURE, I was definitely hating on people to get my point across. There are better ways to make the point. This goes to a personal issue I have ā€” phrasing things in the negative when they can be phrased positively. I donā€™t have to hate on Snoop to show my passion for emerging markets. Because at one point, Snoop was an emerging market. Good catch!

Would love to know more about the demographics and stats of the international underground music community you refer to. I sometimes find it interesting and helpful to look at Spotify data and then imagine what else we could achieve by tokenzing music streaming platforms. So some numbers would be very interesting here. :nerd_face:

I took this comment seriously and included these stats in my litepaper, which is currently being edited. Check out the part thatā€™s immediately relevant to this question: https://alucard0x.gitbook.io/bluetail/bluetail/addressing-the-international-music-scene

My only question is about strategy for large-scale onboarding the kind of international talent you speak of. Is that something you will do as well? How?

@Halina.eth, this kind of addresses your question as well of how Iā€™d reach out to international music communities. Additional alpha that I havenā€™t found the perfect way to weave into the proposal just yet, but I will: Cxmmunity has ties with some of the biggest gaming guilds in the Philippines and Nigeria through gaming sponsorships. Iā€™ll use those same pathways to promote Bluetail. Weā€™re gonna find the next Burna Boy at a forgotten college off in Yola Akwa Ibom somewhere! Point is weā€™ve already got manpower and relationships down there, so itā€™s a logical jump to do music also. Iā€™ll find a way to present this, but even if I donā€™t do it right, you guys know the deal. Happy to show proof of work if you want to jump on a call.

But hereā€™s the big thing I gotta get across: Bluetail is a vehicle for OTHERS to use music to travel, meet other Apes, etc. Like, yea, I will definitely back up my own protocol with my own energy. But if any other DAO member has ever wanted to travel to Croatiaā€™s beautiful beaches or the mountains of Peru ā€” now you have a BUSINESS excuse to do so! Iā€™m building this for everyone in the DAO to build other AIPs that say like ā€œI want to go to XYZ Chile music festival to promote Bluetail.ā€ So the success of this platform is not just based on what I do, because Iā€™m one person. Itā€™s the DAO, and especially music lovers in the DAO, seeing that Bluetail is a vehicle for YOU!

One last point, thereā€™s some discussion of profitability in your idea. Iā€™m curious to know how you envision Apecoin to basically invest in these emerging artists and emerging markets given the DAO is not a for-profit organiztion. Would Bluetail be then a separate for-profit DAO? I like the idea but not sure if it will be legally straightforward to keep the connection (Apecoin Record Label) and DAO to not have a stake in it!

This is the stuff that makes the lawyers rich, and weā€™ve got lawyers, but if you want my vision on it, hereā€™s my thing:

If the DAO is giving loans and receiving payback on those loans rather than taking in straight income, this is regulated separately in law from a for-profit. Is loan interest considered profit? I think the area is grey. But Bluetailā€™s not here to accept what others tell us about the issue. We want to direct policy while itā€™s malleable enough to mold. Also, any ā€œprofitsā€ from a Bluetail thatā€™s associated with Cxmmunity can flow straight into setting up college computer labs (weā€™ve already done 6 under our non-profit entity) that will benefit the DAO, because from those labs, you can pipe in all the web3 ApeDAO branding content you want directly to students that are now getting degrees in computer science and will code the revolution and spread the mighty word of Cthulhapā€¦umm wow, did I really say all that out loud?

I structured the entire proposal around the DAOā€™s current situation of being uanble to take in profits. This is a HUGE advantage in the music biz. It means that as long as the platform is sustainable, all that money that would flow to record company payroll can go to artists.

Iā€™m also fully prepared for the discussion of profits. Everyoneā€™s concerned about US regs on that. Us defi maxis DGAF. We set up international business entities that can provide financial shelters if need be. Iā€™m ready for this discussion, because Iā€™m not about to let this platformā€™s viability be threatened by some f******* loser lawmaker that wants to control our lives. This goes to the core purpose of why Iā€™m sitting here typing all this stuff out and collaborating with you guys on ideas. There is no way that every cent coming through Bluetail isnā€™t going to move towards making the world better. No regulator can stop me from doing that. And why shouldnā€™t the DAO have a stake? No reason at all. LFG

To that point, Bluetail could become its own DAO with ApeDAO as an investor as well. The prospect of doing a token raise or something similar is beyond the scope of what Iā€™m touching in my AIP, but that doesnā€™t mean I havenā€™t thought about it. Matter of fact, I have thought about it a lot. Itā€™s just that Bluetail is already a big enough idea itself. BUT! IF Bluetail is associated with a non-US business entity, it could raise through tokens or NFTs to manage the DAOā€™s financial risk and raise for its funding pools. Profits could flow to the DAO or rehypothecate back into those funding pools to increase artist rewards.

Iā€™m like thisclose to finalizing the litepaper and presenting the idea. Itā€™ll be ready by the time this thread closes. Feel free to click through the links to get a sneak peek. Criticism welcome.

1 Like

Also, Bluetail will most likely be making use of ApeTapes tech. Alpha: The founder of ApeTapes has created a way to catalogue web3 media similar to a PRO like ASCAP or BMI. This opens the door for revenue to flow directly to collaborators on a piece of media instantly. That is literally a trillion dollar idea. If I have it my way, Jason (founder) will be a close advisor on Bluetail.

2 Likes

KEK! Big brain. Early unquantifiable benefits could lead to unstoppable momentum later.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @Mantis for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Mantis please see your messages for the next steps.

-Escape

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Mantis has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks @Escape and @Pearson for your work on this

Invited DAOJones and NoiseDAO to take a look at the project. If you have time, like these tweets so the other DAOs will look at the message!

3 Likes

Update to cost based on Mondayā€™s Google Meet:

Tokenomics/business analyst - replace 42000 with 30000
Back end devs - replace 78750 with 90750

2 Likes

Our team has reviewed and discussed @Mantisā€™s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

Awesome. Questions finished and sent back. I look forward to the rest of the process!

2 Likes

@Mantis has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-river

1 Like

Update: Because SBF canā€™t keep his hands out of the cookie jar, ask updated to 175000 $APE.

This represents approximately the same USD value as the previous 125000 ask, ā‰ˆ $500,000 USD. Should the AIP pass and $APE price return to its previous level, Bluetail will return all unused funds. And in general, all unused funds will be returned to the DAO.

All other monetary estimates remain the same, as they are denominated in USD.

3 Likes