AIP-161: A Reward Proposal for Staking Contract Gas Optimization Contribution

such an implementation will cause another 1-2 months of delay, is another massive delay worth it to save a few dollars of eth in gas fees for a minimal numer of transactions we will do to interact with the staking contract? Absolutely not.

1 Like

Iā€™ve retweeted this, thanks again for your work and efforts. Frustrating, Iā€™m sure but with enough support Iā€™m sure we can break through. Where is Dean Steinbeck here?

4 Likes

yeah, I kept my expectations low from the beginning, so I am not disappointed, just concerned on how such an improvement is not given any attention by the team that developed it, until now, i canā€™t tell who choose them to do the job, isnā€™t they are paid to actually maintain and provide the needed support. I know very well that they get paid for doing the job and thatā€™s it, even security is something that the DAO is paying for. but something that they need to make sure they do right is efficiency, itā€™s like burning ETH wild in the open for such a prolonged amount of time, ofc horizen wonā€™t care much bcz the user is the one paying for it, users will def be paying for it when there is high gas fees as witnessed in 2021 craze. at least do it once and right, there is no shame in improvements, nothing is perfect in this earth, even they didnā€™t provide unit testings. their negligence just shows that their ego is too high to care about it. i would suggest them to close their social medias if they are not going to be proactive and actually be net positive in the space, itā€™s just crazy to me to witness it within a DAO, and a web3 where contributions should be in the open and welcomed at all times, I really hope that it ends up with what is in the DAOā€™s favors.

4 Likes
5 Likes

YES!!! Not sure if I helped push this over the edge but we finally got a response!!

7 Likes

@CryptoLogically, youā€™re making it happenā€¦ PROPS!!

4 Likes

Thank you Chris for the support :white_heart:

4 Likes

Pretty coolā€¦ coming together until something actually works! Ape POWAAAAAAAA XD

4 Likes

Hi @codeislight,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Escape

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @codeislight for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @codeislight please see your messages for the next steps.

-Escape

3 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@codeislight has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

2 Likes

I thought that Horizen included & solved it into bug bounty already.

1 Like

No, actually it was out of scope for AIP-134 bug bounty, since it was focused only on security vulnerabilities.

1 Like

Hmm. I would swear that Dean tweeted somewhere that they would integrate it In bug bounty, and because of that, we had a week delay.

2 Likes

i have been in contact with him, he suggest me to post it as an AIP

2 Likes

Our team has reviewed and discussed @codeislightā€™s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

1 Like

@codeislight has updated their Draft and it is in our review once again. You can check out the changes by clicking the pencil icon at the top right of the post.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

2 Likes

Hi there,
I have made a dune dashboard showcasing the stats post gas optimizations, and a projection for the estimated gas that would be saved on the next 3 years based on the gas fees that have already been saved. the 18.66% is the average of all the gas reduction values in the table of the AIP-draft.

Looking forward to hear your feedback!

ā€“Codeā€“

3 Likes