We’re looking to attract more womxn to the web3 and blockchain industry by establishing partnerships with key stakeholders, developing educational programs and mentorship opportunities, addressing systemic barriers and biases, and promoting the achievements and contributions of women in the industry.
We’re planning to move in measurable, short iterations with clear objectives and the most immediate impact.
The first step and the nature of our proposal is launching a mentorship platform that combines the best features of a traditional mentorship marketplace with the power and potential of web3 technologies (and follow it with press events.) The platform will provide a space for mentors and mentees to connect and collaborate, with a range of features and tools to support their work together. In addition to traditional mentorship activities, the platform will also include web3 meta space for conducting tasks related to onboarding mentees into the web3 ecosystem. This will include resources and guides for learning about web3 technologies, as well as opportunities for mentees to connect with industry experts and gain practical experience working on web3 projects.
Background Information on the Team
Our team is made up of experienced professionals from the web3 and blockchain industry, with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion. We have a range of skills and expertise, including web3 development, business strategy, marketing, communications, and community building. We have a track record of building successful projects and initiatives in the industry, and are committed to creating a more inclusive and supportive environment for women in web3 and blockchain technology.
Valeriia Panina, core, BD
Valeriia is an invited expert at the Ministry of Digital Transformation blockchain office, launching a nationwide blockchain educational product. Launched Metahistory.gallery, the first gov-level NFT museum that raised ~900 eth for charity. Mentor and curator at Creative and Tech Institute PRJCTR, female founder and Techstars alumn, ex-product owner of an online school for editors and designers for 1000+ students.
Vladimir Karyshev, core, Partners
Vladimir is CBDO & co-founder of Global Ledger protocol. This blockchain forensic startup allows banks, fintech companies, crypto startups to follow obligatory AML/CTF compliance rules for crypto assets. Regulators and Law Enforcement can utilize GL technologies to supervise financial institutions according to FATF guidelines and perform cybercrime investigations.
Olga Vox, core, Communications
Olga is a Communications and Business executive with 10 years of track record in Web2 and Web3, VP @ Defiance Media, and Ex-CMO Swissborg. A founding member of the Swiss Blockchain Association, ex-Blockchain Consultant for the United Nations, World Economic Forum, and the EU Parliament. Created value for communities and investors resulting in $500MM in funding, and over $2 billion in enterprise value.
Mike Yezhov, CTO
Mike is the founder of Zpoken, a full-stack Web3 development organization that has shipped over 50 projects and supported over 10 different chains. With a team of 30 active builders, Zpoken has brought in over $1.5 billion in total value locked in their shipped products. Specializing in building DAOs, smart contracts, DApps, and ZK technologies, Zpoken helps accelerate development and adoption for various Web3 projects. Some of the notable projects that Zpoken has worked on include NEON EVM, Sommelier Finance, and the Meta History Museum of War. Currently, Zpoken is working with a variety of blockchain platforms including Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, Optimism, and more.
We have a range of amazing individuals that agreed to be our mentors.
They are (not an exhaustive list – below are only those people who gave their agreement to be announced before the launch):
• Halina.eth @ MAYC, the APE Coin DAO
• Adventurous ape (Megan) @ BAYC, the APE Coin DAO
• Brittany Kaiser @ Own Your Data
• Jocelyn Weber Phipps, head @ Berkley RDI and Xcelerator
• Alona Shevchenko, co-founder @ Ukraine DAO
• Sergii Grybniak @ Waterfall, regional leader of IEEE
• Lynn, partner @ BIXIN Ventures
• Julia Su @ New Tribe Capital
• Anastasia Drinevskaya, CEO @ Cointelegraph Comms
• Anna Shakola, CBDO @ Cointelegraph
• Aury Cifuentes @ Plug and Play
• Dina Universe, founder @ DiVerge
• Denis Belkevich @ Fuelarts & Christie’s
• Lana Ivina, Application Engineer @ Parity
• Max Infeld, PROduct @ Alien Worlds
• Solene Feuillu, BD & Growth @ SKALE
Our mentorship platform will be built on top of both web2 and web3 technologies.
For the web2 part, we have an agreement to reuse an existing framework of an organization that Valeriia’s been mentoring during last year and this will save us finances and time, compared to building it from scratch.
For the web3 part, we already have a web3 meta space for conducting tasks related to onboarding mentees into the web3 ecosystem, including quizzes, interactions with Ethereum-based NFTs (exhibiting, bidding, buying, etc), 1:1 talks, public talks, and more. Valeriia used this platform for Metahistory.gallery auctions.Party Space
Our roadmap for the mentorship platform includes the following key milestones:
Phase 0: Research and planning (1 month, done)
- Research and analysis of existing mentorship platforms and initiatives in the web3 and blockchain industry
- Market analysis and user research to identify key needs and opportunities for a web3-focused mentorship platform
- Development of a comprehensive action plan for the mentorship platform
Phase 1: Marketing and pre-launch (1 month)
- Identify key press and media outlets to target for coverage of the project – partially done
- Plan and execute an event in the web3 meta space, including AMAs and interviews with mentors and ambassadors, and co-host at least one panel during ETH-related events – already negotiating with orgs
- Develop marketing materials and outreach strategies to attract mentors and mentees to the platform, including inviting Ladies of BAYC for participation in the materials
- Win more partnerships and collaborations with key stakeholders in the web3 and blockchain industry – on it.
Phase 2: Development and pilot launch (1 month)
- Design and development of the web2 mentorship platform and adjust the web3 meta space, adapt all the core features and tools
- Testing and quality assurance of the platform
- Launch of the mentorship platform, including marketing and outreach efforts to attract more mentors and mentees
- Virtual event with Ana (CEO of Cointelegraph Comms) as host and inviting Ladies of BAYC as main speakers.
Phase 3: Growth and expansion (ongoing; 1st month is included in the budget)
- Ongoing development and improvement of the mentorship platform, based on user feedback and market demand
- Expansion of the platform’s opportunities, including adding a foundation with microgrants for mentees to perform web3 onboarding tasks in partners’ ecosystems, including ApeCoin DAO (microgrants aren’t included in the budget)
- Partnerships and collaborations with other organizations and initiatives focused on advancing women in technology
- More events and press, including an offline event in a physical location in Miami hacker house.
The next stages imply gradually transferring to creating own bootcamps, steps are: winning more curators, creating personal development plans based on open-source educational materials and guiding people through them, starting a pilot bootcamp with one ecosystem or community, unfolding more bootcamps after the pilot run. In parallel, our partner Olga is building a Metawomen hacker house in Miami, but it’s out of the scope of the proposal.
The requested grant amount is $50,161 (with 3% overhead), which will be used to cover the following expenses for the next 3 months.
[METAWOMEN FOUNDATION] Budget web2
|Paid publications: press, telegram, social media||3||300||900|
|Owned media: our tg channel, instagram, discord||0|
|Offline promotion (participation): events||0||1000||0|
|TOTAL PROMOTION||$ 1 650,00||$ 5 100,00|
|Platform promotion (context/target ads)||3000|
|Report/research: market analysis based on platform launch||0|
|TOTAL MENTORSHIP PLATFORM||$ -||$ 7 000,00|
|STAFF x3 month||Fixed salary, monthly||Total cumulative salary|
|Core, I (Valeriia)||$ 2 000,00||$ 6 000,00|
|Core , II (Vladimir)||$ 2 000,00||$ 6 000,00|
|Core , III (Olga)||$ 2 000,00||$ 6 000,00|
|Core , IV (Misha)||$ 2 000,00||$ 6 000,00|
|Content editor, part-time||$ 1 000,00||$ 3 000,00|
|SMM manager, part-time||$ 1 000,00||$ 3 000,00|
|Travel expences||$ 2 000,00||$ 6 000,00|
|Services and subscriptions||$ 200,00||$ 600,00|
|TOTAL STAFF||$ 12 200,00||$ 36 600,00|
|SUBTOTAL||$ 48 700,00|
|Overhead||3,00%||$ 1 461,00|
|TOTAL||$ 50 161,00|