AIP-182: The App to Create Visuals, Banners, Stickers, Memes & GIFs with your NFTs

ABSTRACT

This proposal presents ApeCoin-powered iOS/Android/Web app to empower collectors to create content with their NFTs (photos during the IRL meet-ups, content for social media, memes, GIFs, or any other visual content).

Web3 Creative Studio will use our collection-tailored algorithms to automatically cut-off faces of NFT characters, modify them with editor tools and apply them to a variety of content-templates (including animated content).

The app will be free to use with an option to get Premium features where $ApeCoin will be integrated as the primary payment currency.

MOTIVATION

Despite extreme market demand on constant content production (Twitter, Discord), the Web3 space lacks an easy-to-use tool to create content with NFTs. NFT collectors should never struggle with editing images in Photoshop again.

By supporting our proposal, the ApeCoin DAO will ensure that:

1. $ApeCoin will be integrated as the primary payment currency to all paid features of the app (by using ApeCoin for payments within the app, users will take advantage of a discounted rate). It will drive an increase in ApeCoin demand as a result of the app adoption by most communities in the NFT space.

2. Yugaverse collections and holders of ApeCoin are the first to get all the benefits of content-creation with Web3 Creative Studio and will always be prioritized for new features & templates.

RATIONALE

The rationale behind this proposal is to provide the community with easy-to-use tools to create visual content with NFTs powered by ApeCoin.

This is fully aligned with DAO principles to increase the utility of $ApeCoin and drive Web3 culture forward providing more social use-cases.

SPECIFICATIONS

We did our homework. In mid-October (Twitter ), we released Web3 Creative Studio V1 to gather feedback and gauge interest in the product. Following an overwhelmingly positive reaction, we dug further and carried out dozens of user interviews to identify pain points, unaddressed needs, and improvement areas.

Based on the above, we developed a product vision that covers ALL the needs of collectors related to creating content with NFTs. With this in mind, Web3 Creative Studio will have an extensive list of features available through our web app, iOS, and Android app.

1. Editor - the first-of-a-kind tool for the custom creation of all types of content with your NFTs.

Mix up your IRL photos with NFTs

Use your NFTs to create memes

Create custom stickers with your NFTs

Create whatever collages you want

Make your personalized GIFs

Use NFTs to craft social media visuals

Generate wallpapers for phone or desktop

2. Personal Profile - connect all your NFTs and save time searching for multiple items from your wallets.

3. Template Library - save time by selecting among templates for GIFs, memes, stickers, or custom visuals.

These templates will be organized into different categories or themes. Some templates will be specific to a particular community.

Additional Features will include quick posting to social media and the opportunity to save the content you work on to your Drafts.

Web3 Creative Studio Premium

We envision the majority of the features of Web3 Creative Studio to be free of charge.

However, certain commercial uses of the product will be available and payable with $ApeCoin. Web3 Creative Studio Premium will provide users with unlimited count of projects & access to Premium Templates.

Please note that Web3 Creative Studio Premium features are subject to change as we further analyze the product use.

FUTURE STEPS AFTER THE GRANT

4. Community Area (Lounge) - access to community-specific templates & content.

Community Area, also known as the lounge, is a space within the app where users will be able to connect, create & share content. Community Area will be a dynamic space where users can engage with each other and build connections within their community.

To access Community Area, users will identify themselves using their wallet.

In this area, users will be able to access community-specific templates (memes, GIFs, etc.) to create visuals with their NFTs.

In addition to accessing community-specific content, users will also be able to create and share their own templates in the lounge.

We will introduce the first beta-test lounges to the Yugaverse collections.

It will give collectors the opportunity to shape the future of how Community Areas work within the app. Collectors will be able to test out new features and provide feedback on their experience, which will help the development team improve the functionality and user experience of the lounges. It will shape the future of content-creation for all collectors in the Yugaverse.

MORE ABOUT US

We’re an independent self-funded team - 3Verse Lab.

I’m Dan (Twitter ), a serial entrepreneur, BAYC #5315, and a member of the UA tech entrepreneurs community. Before starting NFTlook, I founded & sold an 8-figure CPA affiliate network. During my entrepreneurial path worked with TemplateMonster, Weblium, and Vapingdaily. My web3 exposure dates back to 2017.

My co-founder Andy (Twitter) founded a 6-figure B2B SaaS ChordChord that runs on autopilot and built a music-tech app with 500K+ downloads on Google Play.

After entering the NFT space in the spring of 2021, we both fell in love with the potential of NFTs and how the tech brings communities together.

We’ve been working on NFTlook since December 2021. Most of blockchain & software development is completed. 3Verse Lab team comprises 3 engineers, 2 designers, a product manager, and 2 marketers with extensive backgrounds in both web2 and web3.

People who gave us feedback and support:

With ApeCoin DAO support, we want to:

1. Accelerate the mobile development of our platform by making key additional hires
  2. Grab the market share that’s neglected by big players
  3. Bring value to the ApeCoin ecosystem.

STEPS TO IMPLEMENT & TIMELINE

NFTlook has achieved significant progress already. To date, we’ve released:

1. A web version of Web3 Creative Studio V1 is accessible here: https://nftlook.io/tools/creative-studio .
  2. A web version of the Personal Profile demo is accessible here: https://nftlook.io/demo

Moving forward and once the ApeCoin DAO approves this grant, we envision completing the full development of Web3 Creative Studio in 20 weeks with the following milestones and resource allocation:

Stage 1. Mobile apps infrastructure & web app with Editor functionality

Milestone: Optimize backend infrastructure for mobile apps & implement all features of Editor to web app.

Duration: 6 weeks.

Resources: Our existing team (self-funded) + 2 x Backend devs + 1 x Flutter dev + 1 x Frontend dev

Amount of $ApeCoin required: $40,000 equivalent.

Stage 2. iOS app with Editor functionality

Milestone: iOS app allowing custom creation of all types of content with the support of Yugaverse & other blue-chip NFT collections.

Duration: 6 weeks

Resources: Our existing team (self-funded) + 2 x Backend devs + 1 x Flutter dev + 1 x iOS dev

Stage 3. Android app with Editor functionality

Milestone: Android app allowing custom creation of all types of content with the support of Yugaverse & other blue-chip NFT collections.

Duration: 6 weeks

Resources: Our existing team (self-funded) + 2 x Backend devs + 1 x Flutter dev + 1 x Android dev

Stage 4. Web3 Creative Studio Premium & $ApeCoin integration

Milestone: Introduction of Web3 Creative Studio Premium and integration of $ApeCoin as a payment currency

Duration: 2 weeks

Resources: Our existing team (self-funded) + 1 x Backend dev + 1 x Flutter dev + 1 x Blockchain dev

Amount of $ApeCoin required: $15,000 equivalent.

OVERALL COST

Given that the scope of this proposal will be partially funded by internal resources, the additional cost to implement the proposal is estimated at $135,000

10 Likes

Congrats on posting your idea @doberdanny,

Overall, love the concept!

For clarification purposes though, Web3 Creative Studios:

• Currently does not have a released product of any kind (web, iOS or Android app)
  • Is looking for $135k to get these developed and launched
  • Has a delivery date of about 2 months after proposal is approved and funded
  • Is offering these services for free to the ApeCoin DAO

I understand there are nuances and additional benefits, etc to the proposal, but just wanted to get the tl;dr for those that may not want to dig deeper.

Personally, if the answers to each of my bullet-points is “YES” – I’m 100% supportive and behind you guys all the way!

Cheers,
SSP✌🏽

7 Likes

This is awesome Dan. I love the visuals. I wish a tool like this existed a year ago!!! Excited to see more come from this.

7 Likes

Hey, @ssp1111

Thank you for your feedback and questions. Here are the answers to the questions you asked:

1. In mid-October (Twitter), we released Web3 Creative Studio v1.0 for the web (NFTlook Creative Studio), but the IOS and Android apps are not yet available. With this proposal, we plan to build more features (templates, GIFs, memes etc.) and release iOS & Android app.

2. Yes. The estimate to build this is much higher, but $135,000 is the exact amount that we need to speed up the development and make it live ASAP.

3. We estimate the development of the first version of the iOS app will take 3 months (6 weeks of stage 1 & 6 weeks of stage 2).
    Stage 3 and stage 4 will take another 8 weeks (2 months) to complete iOS & Android app and connect ApeCoin payment option.
    We will provide detailed reports at every stage of development (according to the timeline in the proposal) to ApeCoin DAO.

4. As part of this proposal, the ApeCoin DAO will have free access to its own Lounge with templates and community content. However, members will still have the option to access Premium templates in other categories for a fee, but it is not required. If they don’t want to use Premium templates they will still be able to use the app completely for free

5 Likes

Thanks for your support :orange_heart:
We’ll do our best to provide ApeCoin DAO with as much value as possible!

Hi, we all know nft people love a good meme - and a simple tool that links to nfts to enable more of that type of thing is a great idea. I’m just struggling with the value of benefits to the apecoin dao vs the $135k contribution - which I think are access to a lounge and you will accept apecoin as a payment option? Would apecoin be the only payment option? Will any of the payments make their way back to the DAO? It feels a bit more like a kickstarter to me in it’s current form, maybe apecoin holders (with a minimum balance) should always get premium access?

7 Likes

Thank you for posting your idea. I think this is an interesting concept that can be useful to a lot of BAYC and MAYC holders especially those active on social media. I also see an opportunity here in terms web3 enabled app development that aims to integrate Apecoin as a method of payment. I’d love for the DAO to support your work one way or another to help you improve your skills and gain more experience in this field that perhaps you could share with others developing other Apecoin empowered apps in the future. Here are a few questions that I have after reading your proposal in more detail:

1. Is there a beta version available for testing by those who might be interested in using your app? I tried the links but there are only limited options. In any case, I’d love to hear more about your full beta testing plans and schedule.

2. From what I understood looking at your screenshots, there is a manual search and find option plus a connect wallet option, right? The former option can help those who may not own the NFTs in their own wallet or people who prefer not to connect their vault to third party apps. On the other hand, it still involves the manual search and find process which can be time consuming. Do you think there could be integration with tokenproof to avoid needing people to connect their vaults for ease of access?

3. Some of the features that you have described are more or less already available across different apps for example removing background is currently available by just tapping on a picture on your iPhone, you can copy the subject and paste it anywhere you like. There are also other free apps that make tiled collages, banners and wallpapers using pictures from your phone’s library. Canva App for example offers all of these options for a range of platforms from IG to Twitter, YouTube and so forth. I’d like to ask what is one thing that distinguishes your app from what is currently available for free online aside from including Yuga assets in your searchable library and web3 enabled payment functions?

4. I am personally excited for the personalized GIF creator feature. I have a question though about your library and copy right issues. Do you have permission to use certain backgrounds, templates, memes, etc commercially? Would love to hear more on this.

Finally, I think this is a fun idea. I’m not directly your target audience since as a designer and creator I like to create my own visual media if there’s ever a need. So I may not be the best person to comment on specific features and value for Utility in your app. I feel like your target audience are social media users who need to create branded visual media using their Yuga assets for various purpose who are not themselves “artistic”!

There are however two people who are also creators but I think would be great candidates to consult: @Gerry who has been making very popular banners and other items for his ape fam (though I still haven’t got one ;( ) I’d love to know what he thinks about your proposal and its potential for scaling, and benefit to the wider DAO and ape ecosystem.
And @pabloLopez83 on Twitter who has been making fun ape GIFs for the community since the beginning.

I look forward to seeing where you take this project.

In any event, appreciate seeing you around, engaged and building @doberdanny :saluting_face::raised_hands:

8 Likes

Hi @Balou, thank you for your feedback and great questions!

ApeCoin will not be the only payment method, but it will be the primary one. This means it will always be available at a small discount to incentivize users to convert their funds to ApeCoin for purchases.

We have considered multiple ideas how we can provide more value to ApeCoin DAO and right now we are looking to add a small fee (2-3%) that will go back to the ApeCoin DAO from each ApeCoin-powered subscription :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey, thanks for your support :raised_hands:

1. We haven’t released the fully-fledged app yet. According to our Timeline - the first beta of iOS app will be available in ~8 weeks. As we share our progress - ApeCoin DAO will be the first to know when there is something available for a test!

2. Yes, you can add NFTs without wallet connection, and Yes, it will be possible to integrate Tokenproof :slightly_smiling_face:
    Furthermore, we are looking for the ways to make authentication without wallet connection by just modifying the OpenSea description (similar to Vulcan.xyz).

3. Canva or Photoshop have lots of features, you’re right. But they won’t develop & fine-tune content-templates for specific NFT collections. The background removal most of the times doesn’t work as expected, because they have a general approach that’s not suitable for NFTs. On the other hand, Web3 Creative Studio is Web3 in mind right from the beginning. The difference of our method is that we’re using our own custom-tailored algorithms that we specifically fine-tune for each NFT collection. We’ll add collections one-by-one and make sure that every one of them will look great.

4. We’ll have the verification process of all Premium content in place to make sure we don’t have any copy right issues. Our lawyers are working on this matter, and I’ll keep you updated :saluting_face:

Thanks again!

3 Likes

Right now, the DAO can’t accept revenue streams back. Until something changes, proposals have been creating imaginative ways to siphon off profits. But the ability of an app to distribute $APE is more important than the amount of profit it brings at this point.

All new users who are critiquing a project based on its profitability should know this as well. With that in mind, I’ll vote for this proposal, because I want to see where it goes. I often got jealous of the artschool apes who know how to do this. Anything that brings me the ability to do memes easily, I’m for it.

3 Likes

@Mantis Thank you for your valuable feedback and support :heart:

We’ll encourage the use of $APE by offering a discount on all purchases in the app made with it.

I want to mention that when we integrate more NFT collections into the app - we’ll onboard more regular users and increase demand for $APE among the whole NFT community.

Additionally, we will to introduce promotions and free templates exclusively for $APE holders.

2 Likes

Hi @doberdanny,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Escape

Thank you for the update
Yes, I’m content with the feedback

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @doberdanny for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @doberdanny please see your messages for the next steps.

-Pearson

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@doberdanny has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

- river

1 Like

Our team has reviewed and discussed @doberdanny’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

@doberdanny has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

We have sent a list of follow up questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson