AIP-191: ApeCoin DAO Mission Statement Workshop

Check this previous discussion, you mind find some alignment that will be helpful in the current situation

2 Likes

It is imperative to have people for DAO selected by Apecoin holders and vetted by the agencies.

People now are concerned about power after the shadow of FTX disaster (although it was just hedge fund style and have nothing to do with DAO) and any centralized non vetted hiring/groups.

So I talked about more decentralized option where people will not be doing anyone job , but be on consulting basics.

2 Likes

Hi @badteeth,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Escape

2 Likes

I’m content with the feedback. What’s the process to submit the updated draft? Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you @badteeth for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @badteeth please see your messages for the next steps.

-Escape

2 Likes

Really excited about the possibility of the DAO implementing working groups and to see the DAO working towards creating decentralized structures that promote the progress and development of this ecosystem.

Eager to see how this benefits the DAO and how the community can create value through this structure.

8 Likes

Love this suggestion, thank you for prompting the lively discussion @badteeth!

@12GAUGE I’d be super excited to work with you & @Brazy on brand guidelines and explorations for the DAO too, once we have a concrete vision to work towards, branding will be key to attracting & retaining talent who share our passion & vision!

-Halina.eth :cherry_blossom:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@badteeth has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

3 Likes

Our team has reviewed and discussed @badteeth’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

3 Likes

Responded immediately in DMs, but still haven’t received questions specific to this proposal. Please let me know where things stand asap. Thank you!

2 Likes

I loved your assessment here, but I also feel like how choose to promote the vision we create is part of the solution.

1 Like

As you well know, content is king, so sharing this process is an incredibly important part of engaging the entire community in the future of ApeCoin DAO. Thanks Anaroth!

1 Like

We have since sent @badteeth a question list which has been responded to. @badteeth is now in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-river

2 Likes

I’d like to share my thoughts on the DAO’s North Star, which I’ve done in a post called The Bangkok Bartender.

tl;dr — The DAO focuses on building new superstars in art and culture from the global pool of creatives that need a business boost.

3 Likes

Another 8 days fly by, any progress? Thank you!

2 Likes

I think the website gives a pretty good start point (I assume from our founders and original SC). I know it is not necessarily laid out as a vision, mission and values but the core is there if we extract some text:

• Vision: $APE is a token made to support what’s next (Culture … through art, gaming, entertainment, and events.), controlled and built on by the community (the DAO)

• Mission: Serve as a decentralized protocol layer (and DAO) for community-led initiatives that drive culture forward into the metaverse

• Values:

1. Boldness: We don’t shy away from the weird, the hard, or the new.
  2. Equality: One APE equals one APE.
  3. Transparency: Processes and decisions are shared openly with the community.
  4. Collective Responsibility: We leave everything better than we found it.
  5. Persistence: Success is an ouroboros, not a straight line.

I think these are a pretty good base to start from. Other key items are, the description of the DAO:

• ApeCoin DAO - A decentralized governance organization that will make decisions regarding Ecosystem Fund allocations, governance rules, projects, partnerships, and more. ApeCoin DAO membership is open to all ApeCoin holders.

Advancing Web3 culture through the APE Ecosystem guided by the values of Boldness, Equality, Transparency, Collective Responsibility and Persistence is this Ape’s take on what the core of it is - keen to get others perspectives

8 Likes

Hey @StoicDegen,

APECOIN IS FOR THE WEB3 ECONOMY.

Culture has found new expression in web3 through art, gaming, entertainment, and events. The possibilities for blockchain’s impact on culture are so endless that they can’t possibly all be predicted yet. APE is a token made to support what’s next, controlled and built on by the community. It will serve as a decentralized protocol layer for community-led initiatives that drive culture forward into the metaverse.

Yep, pretty much what I use when creating proposals, business models and pitch decks.

Cheers,
SSP :fist:t4:

4 Likes

Hi Stoic,

We inherited the website and its text and I agree it’s a great start – but as we’ve seen over the past 9 months, it hasn’t created any alignment of purpose or inspiration for what is possible.

This has lead to a wide mix of AIP proposals with no specific focus on moving the DAO forward – which is what I hope we can achieve with AIP-191.

One important part of this AIP is crafting a new mission statement, but the second part, and actually the key component is the workshops, inviting all DAO members to share their vision of what we want to achieve together. There is outsize value in aligning around a core purpose and once we do that I believe ApeCoin DAO will change the world.

We have the talent, brains, and resources to do amazing things, but it’s up to us to figure out what those might be.

Thank you for the feedback!

3 Likes

[REDACTED] by moderator, old invite.

7 Likes