Adding X Marketplace to the Marketplace section of Apecoin.com
CORE: BRAND DECISION
Abstract | Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.
X Marketplace is requesting to be added to the “Marketplace” section of the Apecoin.com website in the same way multiple partners are supported within the “buy/sell” section. X was the first to integrate $APE as a form of payment and has a long history of innovatively supporting ApeCoin along with AIP proposal owners.
Motivation | A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal.
X Marketplace launched as Yuga Labs + ApeCoin focused marketplace that was created in advance to support our original AIP proposal.
Since re-launching in Sep 2022 we have conducted $1.1 million USD in sales with over 644 $APE burned to date.
We have a track record of innovation and industry firsts which are focused on 3 key areas:
Differentiation: X Marketplace is more than an NFT marketplace
- Only MP to include a marketplace for IP
- First Yuga/ApeCoin focused marketplace and still the only one supporting all Yuga Labs assets - including CryptoPunks, MeeBits and 10KTF
- DeFi integration with ApeFi through the use of ApeUSD to buy/sell NFTs
Growing the ApeCoin Ecosystem:
- ApeCoin integrated Mar 17 2022(+1 day after $APE launch https://twitter.com/xdotxyz/status/1504463443214012422?s=61&t=YMDhvZaBujwixxyEYJLSZw)
- First NFT sale in $APE was conducted on X Marketplace Mar 19 2022 (https://twitter.com/xdotxyz/status/1505466561485697029?s=61&t=YMDhvZaBujwixxyEYJLSZw)
- Integration of WG0 NFTs to increase transparency of WG0 ownership and make it easy for users to verify (hidden on OS).
- We benefit the ecosystem by burning our fees in $APE: 0.25% MP fee if listed in $APE - and we burn the entire fee. Otherwise it’s 0.50% fee and we use half of it to market buy $APE then burn it.
- Launch of ApePay which allows any listed NFT to be bought with $APE regardless of the token in which it’s listed.
Support for the Community
- First NFT marketplace to show staked/earned $APE on front end to protect users. (https://twitter.com/xdotxyz/status/1588475283413561345?s=61&t=YMDhvZaBujwixxyEYJLSZw)
- Integration and support of leading L2 projects like Mutant Hounds, Applied Primate Scientists and Jenkins the Valet.
- After our proposal was rejected we launched our own reward program using 10% of our token treasury to fund. (https://twitter.com/xdotxyz/status/1572933775289622530?s=61&t=YMDhvZaBujwixxyEYJLSZw)
- Mutual Twitter support for other ApeCoin focused projects and AIP proposals (BoredApe Gazette, ForeverApes, Otherside Wiki, TasterMakerz, etc…)
- Proactive Twitter support for listings - hit us up when you list on X MP and we’ll amplify on Twitter.
- Integration with Gem.xyz to expand the reach of X MP listings.
Rationale | An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Community’s mission and guiding values.
We are fully aligned with ApeCoin’s guiding values:
Boldness: We don’t shy away from the weird, the hard, or the new
With a history of firsts, we don’t shy away from being bold - especially when it directly benefits ApeCoin and/or Yuga Labs. X MP was the first marketplace to integrate $APE, where the first NFT sale was conducted in $APE, first with $APE staking on the front end, first with an IP marketplace and now first with ApePay (among others) . We are bold and we will not stop being bold.
Equality: One APE equals one APE
Equality is core to us with X being a permissionless peer-2-peer marketplace; we allow for equal participation and benefit.
Transparency: Processes and decisions are shared openly with the community
We always approach discussions with the community with full transparency, answering genuine questions and making changes to our approach based on feedback. We are governed by a DAO ourselves and understand this importance.
Collective Responsibility: We leave everything better than we found it.
We’re long time members of the BAYC community as well as APE holders ourselves. Even before our proposal last year was live, we built a marketplace for the community and we only doubled down since then. We burn our marketplace fees because we believe it’s the best thing for the ecosystem and continue to build to advance its growth. We will always be members of the community.
Persistence: Success is an ouroboros, not a straight line
We are defined by our persistence. Despite our previous proposals being knocked back, and bear market challenges, we continue to push forward.
Key Terms (optional) | Definitions of any terms within the proposal that are unique to the proposal, new to the APE Community, and/or industry-specific.
Specifications | A detailed breakdown of the platforms and technologies that will be used.
N/A. Platform and technology is owned by ApeCoin DAO.
Steps to Implement | The steps to implement the proposal, including associated costs, manpower, and other resources for each step where applicable.
Three simple steps to implement:
- X to supply marketing assets (i.e. logo/copy) to ApeCoin DAO
- ApeCoin DAO to update website
- X Marketplace to double check & go live
Note: If ApeCoin DAO requires any front end resources, we are happy to provide/assist.
Timeline | Relevant timing details, including but not limited to start date, milestones, and completion dates.
N/A. No timeline for X Marketplace. Timeline to make changes to the website are dependent on ApeCoin DAO. If any front end resources are required, we are happy to provide/assist.
Overall Cost | The total cost to implement the proposal.
N/A. If ApeCoin DAO requires any front end resources to execute, we are happy to provide/assist.
Proposals submitted to the AIP Ideas category can be vague, incomplete ideas. Topics submitted here are not required to be submitted as a formal AIP Draft Template, however, you may still use the template if you wish.