AIP-233: A.C.T. on Twitter Spaces – 60 Day trial

Thank you @CEOofWeb3.0 for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @CEOofWeb3.0 please see your messages for the next steps.

-Vulkan

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@CEOofWeb3.0 has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

1 Like

Overall mission is great! My concerns are:

• need exact list of spaces/hosts, otherwise judging value of spend is impossible (and 15,000 coins is a lot imho, that’s ~$30k/month)
  • how will the spaces be organized? what’s the content program, exactly? I.e. week 1 space titles vs week 2 vs week 3.
  • where will these be uploaded? Can’t have impact that lasts years if this is for 60 days of spaces only.
  • who exactly is the target audience here? I.e., most people don’t participate in DAOs, don’t care, won’t add any value. So are we targeting those that do participate in DAOs and contribute and, if so, how are you planning on reaching them? Or is this more for people to buy into ApeCoin and maybe purchase some, i.e we’re targeting mini- to mid-whales maybe, if so how would we reach them specifically? Basically, “awareness” is a very blurry concept, I’d love to see specific and honest targets instead.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks for your support Sasha, appreciate you.

I share your concerns, it’s also why I proposed a 60-day trial before coming to back to the DAO with a more in-depth, data-driven AIP. That said, let’s dig in:

1 - We’re working on the exact list of Spaces/Hosts right now and while a couple have verbally agreed to the concept, we’re still waiting on the others to get back. What I will clarify is that there is a Hard Cap of 1k APE per show and we expect most will be much less. Also, the funds/grants do not leave the DAO Treasury at any time.

2 - The title and format is the same for every show – ApeCoin DAO Weekly Update. Basically sharing what’s happening in the DAO, what AIPs are up on Snapshot, which ideas are in draft stage, discussing the process and the opportunities, etc

3 - Not sure where to keep the recordings just yet, totally open to whatever’s best for the community. Maybe in Discord for now but if this trial is a success (positive outcomes, new Discourse profiles, more proposals, etc) then maybe we spin up a separate website for ApeSpaces?

We can explore a collaborative stack of Atlassian’s Confluence and Jira to organise the spaces and the entire content program which anyone will be able to access and contribute towards.

One thing we’re exploring for Indexing the appearances is getting the domain apespaces.xyz and setting that up with a backend + an Interactive UI which makes it easier for anyone to access that information whenever they want. This’ll be done voluntarily by Me and some fellow apes who’d like to volunteer.

That content can be later repurposed as Podcasts or snippets for our various funnels to be used accordingly.

4 - You’re right, awareness is blurry, it is also why it’s a top-of-funnel marketing activity. We purposely revised the original proposal to stay away from Twitter Spaces that were mostly for entertainment/sh*t posting and are looking to support hosts in the BAYC ecosystem (Grateful Show EU, OtherSpace, etc) and those that are founder-friendly. We also chose to stay away from the big names (too expensive) and those with small audiences.

At some point we’ll get to specific personas and targeted-demographics through data-driven analytics, but for this MVP trial we’re basically going with what we deem to be the best audiences with the best culture-fit. Totally open to any suggestions from the community.

Thanks again for your support and for raising these valid concerns. Please let us know if you have any more questions :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Perhaps we can think of a more objective metric, e.g. X APE for Y max concurrent listeners. Such as, 5 APE per listener, so 1000 if the space ever reaches 200 or more.

I’d suggest enforcing one part and letting show host choose another. Ex. “ApeCoin DAO” part required, the rest up to the host per what’s best for their audience/channel?

This needs to be locked down before final AIP imho. As long as it’s all in one place. Upload happens before compensation to hosts is given out.

Hehe ser, you’re aging yourself. May I suggest Notion or Loop.

It’s good to know who we’re NOT targeting, but it doesn’t answer who we ARE targeting. May I suggest to make a list of and approach people who work for various DAOs, i.e. go into various DAO communities (especially L2 chains (Optimism, Arbitrum), gaming (say Madotsuki from Forgotten Runes), etc) and selling them on ApeCoin DAO vision. I would look at it as not just finding hosts, but finding DAO champions who happen to be hosts. This may include Grateful Ape, just needs to be separate from his main show.

Ofc these are just one man’s opinions, so take them as such!

2 Likes

I was exploring something similar and was gonna discuss with SSP. The x number of APE per speaker metric overlooks Quality spaces focused around developers, builders, contributors and plays right into the favour of spaces with a mass appeal like entertainment, sh*tposting etc which might not always be the content fit we’re looking for.

Our goal is to recruit the best minds to our fold and nurture them by providing them with opportunities for growth and development, fostering a culture of innovation and excellence.Thus, helping us shape our future.

Then the question arises how we’re planning to measure efficacy of our methods (KPI’s)

We’re exploring the use of Dynamic NFTs (or POaP’s) to monitor the progress an Individual has made within the community after joining us. The NFT will evolve as the user contributes more and more.

Letting the Host’s decide seems good.

Here’s what we’re looking into for consolidating all of those spaces in a single place which’ll be easily accessible for all included in the last post.

Always open to bang my head on new tech stacks I have no experience with and can’t seem to get working :joy:. There’s a saying, If what you set up works on the first try, are you even trying bro?

I’ll provide you an overview of our Ideal demographic after a discussion with my friend. Shouldn’t take long. Hope this helps

Thanks again for your Insights, Our first and foremost obligation is to clear any doubts pertaining to our proposal.

I hope this answers your questions, Feel free to ask more. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

– Anky

Our team has reviewed and discussed @CEOofWeb3.0’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

Vulkan

2 Likes

Cheers Vulkan

I’ll try and answer all of the questions with the best of my knowledge.

Looking forward to a productive discussion :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

This has made awesome progress and am looking forward to see if continue to develop. FWIW i like confluence/jira a lot :wink:

3 Likes

That means a lot man. I’d love to hear what suggestions you have for it.

Ps : I also like Confluence / Jira cause the last Web 3 L1 I worked for also used this Stack

1 Like

@CEOofWeb3.0 has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

Questions (click to expand)
  1. Are there any potential legal or regulatory risks associated with the activities of this AIP?

No, There aren’t any legal or regulatory risks associated with this.

1. Have you or your team identified any additional financial, operational, or brand risks associated with this AIP?

There are no financial or operational risks associated and we’ll mitigate Brand risks that might be associated with this as much as possible.

1. What are the Objectives and Key Results of your project?

As a trial project on a limited trial period, our goal is to collect 60 days worth of data to determine which KPIs and OKRs to measure moving forward such as best performing Spaces, best converting demographics, etc.

1. Please elaborate on the teams’ expectations for the future.

While our main focus right now is this AIP and the next 60-days of the trial (if it passes), we are hopeful that should the community show great support, we’ll be able to develop a more robust platform and campaign for showcasing ApeCoinDAO across the Twitter Spaces ecosystem to include KPIs, weekly reporting, central website for schedules, opportunities for members to present the weekly report, and without getting too far ahead of ourselves, snippets for podcasting, YouTube, etc in alignment with or as a work stream of the Marketing & Communications Group.

1. In the “Possibilities to Explore” section, you mention POAPs. Has there been any discussion with the author of AIP-106 on a potential collaboration for this?

An exchange of Ideas and possible opportunities to explore took place. Nothing more than that yet.

1. The Steps to Implement mention “Will provide wallet addresses for Admins or Grants Working Group for payout directly to Twitter Space Teams.” Does this mean portions of this budget will be going from the Ape Foundation to other teams besides the author of this proposal?

All of the funds we’re requesting will be going from the Ape Foundation directly to the Respective content teams selected under the scholarship / grooming schemes. The author won’t be taking financial custody of any of the funds.

1. Can you please clarify where the funds will be going? I see your proposal mentions giveaways, scholarships and partnerships. Can you please provide more details on these?

We’re in early levels of Partnership talks with hosts and agreements are being negotiated upon. Awaiting further information from creators side.

1. Is the Ape Foundation expected to engage in any of the steps of the AIP implementation? If so, please specify the step and elaborate how it is expected to work.

The Ape Foundation will be expected to engage in the transfer of funds to the respective creators in line with the agreements which were agreed upon.

1. Do you provide consent to share these questions with the community in this forum?

You have my full consent

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

1 Like

@CEOofWeb3.0 has updated their Draft and it is in our review once again. You can check out the changes by clicking the pencil icon at the top right of the post.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

1 Like

gm @CEOofWeb3.0 !

I think you should clearly state in the title and abstratct that this is specifically about leveraging 3rd party / KOL twitter spaces. It’s there in the bullet point but not as clearly as I’d like and it took too long to get me there. I got confused on my first skim read… sorry! :joy:

Personally I’d also love to see a bit more strategy around what kind of spaces you are targeting (selection criteria + a few examples) and how it links back to the ACD Mission. I feel like the thinking is there but let’s surface it!

I’d also like to understand how you’ll track performance?

Catapult could provide UTMs that link to the onboarding flow so that we can track whether it led to new members joining the DAO. Also happy to expand on my comments if helpful.

HMU to discuss! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Heyo @Adz,

I agree about the title and I’m not sure why it was changed:

ApeSpaces Weekly DAO Updates across Web3 Twitter Spaces

Can you help out with a better title? This AIP will need it BEFORE it hits Snapshot

“ApeCoinDAO Weekly Appearances on other host’s Twitter Spaces” – haha, that kinda sucks

By the way, what’s KOL again?

Super interested in integrating Catapult into tracking even with @CEOofWeb3.0’s ideas for dynamic NFT/POAPs.

Finally, this:

What’s the DAO’s mission again? :thinking:

Thanks for raising these concerns and vital questions – look forward to CEO’s answers.

Onward
SSP :fist:t4:

1 Like

Hey @ssp1111,

The title was changed for the following reasons:

1. “AIP-269” was added by the author, which was the incorrect AIP number.
  2. The title text was updated to match what the author selected as their proposal name in the body of the proposal.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 7.37.39 AM

@CEOofWeb3.0 if you would like to update your proposal name please let us know and we can get it updated right away.

-Vulkan

5 Likes

Thanks for the info Vulkan. Yeah, I’m not sure why the “descriptor” was dropped as we know it could be key in the voting.

Any ideas for a better title, you are a writer/editor and your domain expertise could come in handy here?

1 Like

No problem. Just wanted to confirm the moderators weren’t making any decisions to remove text as they see fit.

I’m unable to suggest any ideas, but happy to update it to whatever you and CEOofWeb3.0 decide on :grinning:

2 Likes

Sorry @ssp1111… slipped into jargon. :flushed: KOL = Key Opinion Leader.

How about something like: ‘ApeSpaces: Bringing ApeCoin DAO to 3rd party Twitter Spaces’?

Or

TLDR: bringing the story of ApeCoin DAO to new audiences through collaborations with hosts of relevant Twitter Spaces.

The key point to me is that it is an opportunity to bring our message to new audiences. Plus trying to target spaces that are a fit in terms of audience, smallish (so not crazy expensive), and highly engaged… That’s an experiment I’d love to see data from. :star_struck:

4 Likes

I def like the sound of this. I’d say, however, there are a lot of “exploring” and “working on” and “talking to” and “waiting to hear about” in this proposal. Until there’s a specific plan, this is an idea and not a proposal, so I’d suggest maybe doing 2 AIPs, the first one is a little money (say 1/10th) to explore everything, get answers to questions, and basically have a solid, detailed plan. Then you do 2nd AIP for execution. I know the bureaucracy sucks, but it also sucks to have no standards, dunno.

Yes, I was referring to the “we’re exploring” part. Need a final plan that you’re committing to.

Cool on the rest, this is slowly taking shape <3

5 Likes