AIP-241: Apebook - Self-Custody Seed Phrase Notebook

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

We have sent a list of follow up questions to the author

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

1 Like

Iā€™ll echo othersā€™ concerns and add one more: we donā€™t have enough demand here yet for 1500 notebooks. Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s enough demand for 100.

On secrecy: Iā€™d prefer a regular notebook but with some ā€œin the know,ā€ very subtle markings for a few pages that contain passphrases. So Iā€™d take regular notes or draw and then a few pages in-between would have keys to important wallets, yet they should be hard to recognize. Maybe mask them as word puzzles.

Currently my keys are stored in a regular notebook like that, itā€™s just not very waterproof. Anyone picking it up will think itā€™s just my scribbles/ideas notebook and my god, nobody likes to read othersā€™ ideas. Perfect cover!

50 wallets is way too many anyway. I donā€™t need waterproof/good notebook for my throwaway wallets. Just my 2 cents! Hope it helps

4 Likes

Edits have been made to this Topic. You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Kind Regards,

Vulkan

1 Like

@Stonie has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

Question (click to expand)
  1. We just wanted to confirm you part of your request includes a one-time license for 1,500 of the ApeBooks. Is this correct? If so, would it be possible to add this to the Overall Cost section?

Yes this proposal is requesting funds for the exclusive print manufacture in the total of 1,500 Apebooks. And yes one time license.

1. Would it be okay to add these details to the Overall Cost section of your Draft to add clarification for the DAO community? If so, can you please provide the exact text you want added? Also, if there is another location in the Draft you think fits better please let us know.

Here is the revised overall cost section:

ā€œOverall Costā€

This section proposes a budget for the development, printing, production, and shipping of 1,500 Apebooks, which amounts to $47,200 USD in APE

1. Thanks for confirming. I have gone ahead and updated your AIP Draft with the text above. When you get a chance, can you please confirm it looks correct? And is it okay to share this last question/answer with the community?

Confirmed. You can share this last question/answer with the community.

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

Vulkan

1 Like

We have no further questions for @Stonie. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

1 Like

Hey Sasha, thanks for your thoughts on the Apebook. Regarding the amount of Apebook claims, I did a little research and spoke to an author who had around 1,000 claims for their drop recently. So, I plan to continue supplying the Apebooks to members until all books have been distributed. Itā€™s also a great way to incentivize both new and previously active members to participate in the dao once again.

Iā€™m glad youā€™re already keeping your keys in a notebook. Itā€™s definitely an easy way to start taking custody of your own keys, by keeping track of multiple wallets, mobile and desktop, hot or cold, from different blockchains. 100% Offline btw :+1:.

Also, I added Shieldcrypt to the Apebook which is a second layer of protection as a way to mask private key characters behind password hint questions, which is similar to a puzzle-like encryption just in case somebody gets a hold of your Apebook. Additionally, the waterproof feature is great for protecting your seed phrases from coffee spills, chemical spills, floods, and other accidents around the home or office. I know this because these incidents inspired the creation of the original Stonebook.

Hope this feedback helps answer your questions.

2 Likes

After review, this Topic submitted by @Stonie is ready for vote under AIP-241. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release date and time, which is every Thursday at 9PM EST.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

2 Likes

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

The voting has closed for this proposal and it has not been accepted.

This Topic will be moved to and remain in the Rejected AIPs subcategory.

-Vulkan