AIP-245: Working Group Charter - Metaverse

Key Terms updated, lmk what you think!

2 Likes

Check the Key Terms, weā€™ve got a working definition, hopefully :wink:

Couldnā€™t have said it any better myself, excited to see what we can accomplish together!

2 Likes

Looks great BT, thanks for listening and responding to feedback :handshake:

2 Likes

Thank you @badteeth for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @badteeth please see your messages for the next steps.

-Amplify

4 Likes

Itā€™s great to see the formation of a metaverse committee since thatā€™s where we believe this wonderful community can thrive. To ensure the successful revival of Esports, we need to involve individuals from the gaming industry in this working group. Thank you for making this working group!

9 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@badteeth has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Amplify

3 Likes

Our team has reviewed and discussed @badteethā€™s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Amplify

1 Like

Excited to create a place to facilitate the conversations and see Esports evolve in the metaverse :facepunch:

Thanks @Zoopie!

3 Likes

Received and responded, thank you!

3 Likes

@badteeth has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Amplify

2 Likes

@badteeth has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

Click for Drop Down Q/A
  1. Are there any potential legal or regulatory risks associated with the activities of this AIP?

I am not aware of any potential legal or regulatory risks associated with this AIP.

1. What are the Objectives and Key Results which have been identified for your project?

Our initial OKRs to complete before the August 2023 Funding Window are listed in the AIP as follows:

• Develop a strategy for the purchase and usage of DAO owned metaverse assets
  • Lay the groundwork to become a lead resource for ODK integrations (based on publicly available information)
  • Lay the groundwork for an E-Sports Initiative to explore professional metaverse gaming opportunities. (Does not include gambling)
  1. Please elaborate on the teamsā€™ expectations for the future.

We expect the Metaverse Working Group to become the hub of creative energy in the DAO. Iā€™m personally excited to see what can be accomplished when we give space for our community to meaningfully contribute to the original vision of ApeCoin DAO. From ApeCoin.com:

Culture has found new expression in web3 through art, gaming, entertainment, and events. The possibilities for blockchainā€™s impact on culture are so endless that they canā€™t possibly all be predicted yet. APE is a token made to support whatā€™s next, controlled and built on by the community. It will serve as a decentralized protocol layer for community-led initiatives that drive culture forward into the metaverse.

1. Is the Ape Foundation expected to engage in any of the steps of the AIP implementation? If so, please specify the step and elaborate how it is expected to work.

No.

1. Have you or your team identified any additional financial, operational, or brand risks associated with this AIP?

No.

1. Do you provide consent to share these questions with the community in this forum?

Yes.

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Amplify

5 Likes

I love the idea of a focused group on the Metaverse at large. Otherside will be the center of it for most of us, but we need to remember that the Metaverse is potentially the entire space and can ebb and flow between collaborating projects.

Yuga will be doing the heavy lifting in regards to laying the groundwork for the Otherside, and it would be amazing if Apecoin DAO could focus on the Metaverse at large.

I love this.

5 Likes

Feel the exact same way, thanks @POSTGRID!

4 Likes

Great idea with the working groups and having specific charters. Looking forward to seeing this pass.

8 Likes

Thanks Racs, hopefully weā€™ll get them up to vote soon!

We have no further questions for @badteeth. This AIP is now with the Special Council for Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-Amplify

1 Like

Very excited for this and also interested in contributing how I can.

I believe this WG could enable and accelerate community creators. Being alongside many creators and builders who are ambitious about Otherside, thereā€™s a huge opportunity to give spark to some of the most innovative ideas that will help shape what it means to be powered by ApeCoin. Going to keep my ear to the ground on this one!

10 Likes

My initial concern has been addressed by @badteeth today earlier in a twitter space hosted by OtherGuildā€¦ I was curious about perception of conflict of interest if one was to become a contributing part of the Metaverse working group and still being able to submit AIPs that are metaverse related.

Iā€™m glad to hear that itā€™s not. Feeling more confident in this AIP as I learn more.

5 Likes

Letā€™s go NANA! MVWG going to be so much fun :pray::raised_hands:

2 Likes

Thank you for joining our spaces yesterday @badteeth and making me aware of this AIP. After reading through it I think this is something thatā€™s definitely needed in the space and Iā€™m looking forward to seeing how this develops and supporting it in any way that I can.

4 Likes