AIP-253: Bored Gaming

hey fellow gamer parent, please go check out @COPEgg on Twitter and hit up our DMs… or www.cope.gg. we will educate ya on all you want to know about gaming and your kids. It is a nonprofit a few of us behind this prop created 3 years ago to help parents and their kids learn how to get the most out of their gaming experiences. We are currently doing a series of interviews with parents and gamers who got college scholarships for 2023/24 based on their gaming - both competitive players and more content creators. I talked to two 18 year old Valorant players yesterday who just earned full rides to play competitively in college. The kids are over the moon, but the parents are in shock and finally true believers! We love to see it.

4 Likes

Sasha! this is a fantastic, patient and truly well constructed bit of feedback and advice. This helps the team, I’m sure of it, as well as ApeCoin holders to think a bit more clearly about this topic.

3 Likes

That’s too kind, thanks.

2 Likes

Please don’t trash “competing” proposals. If your proposal is better, it will stand on its own. Putting down another proposal won’t improve yours.

You do not speak for the DAO; please refer to apecoin dot com as far as what this DAO is about. Nowhere there does it mention “clashing of ideas and opposing views.”

Web3 is not about polls on Twitter Spaces, that’s a ridiculous assertion. And last I checked, decentralization wasn’t about duels either.

Every holder of $ape has the right to submit a proposal and not a single other holder of $ape can take that away from them through any means. The DAO as a collective will decide which proposal is good and which is not. Please do not attempt to interfere with this process.

Please refer to this forum’s guidelines, specifically “Constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas, not people.” and “Be kind to your fellow community members.” You’re violating both of these by speaking to someone’s experience instead of their ideas.

It is very rude to infiltrate someone else’s thread in order to promote own agenda. You have your own thread where you can promote your idea; please use that real estate.

Best,
Cutie

7 Likes

Lmao all i have to respond to that is “Esports”

Thank you ser

2 Likes

Super active community team, will support long term.

2 Likes

Glad to see continued work in this space.

1 Like

Super bullish on this team! They bring a whole new level of skill to esports. 1000000% support this team. Demi is a goat! Let’s goooooooo :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

Ill pretend this response didn’t come from an account that was made less than a day ago with only one single post, which just so happens to be a reply to our criticism of Team Bored ESports.

I believe, of course that our criticism is very fair and just.

We welcome any criticism to our competing proposal for ApeCoin ESports, but so far the only rebuttal from this team has been that we spell ESports differently. This speaks volumes, but as you’ve stated at the end of the day the DAO will decide. They can view my criticisms and come to their own conclusion.

1 Like

I’m in no way affiliated with this team.

With nearly 3 billion gamers across the world, it is a great idea to start bringing attention and education to the Apecoin ecosystem through competitive gaming.

The proposal and outline were very well-detailed and got my vote.

2 Likes

Over the past two years, I have witnessed Demigodzx consistently building his place in Web3. So when he came up with the idea to create an esports team to represent the ApeCoin DAO, I knew he would be dedicated to forming a passionate and professional team.

Team Bored Esports will give ApeCoinDAO an appealing and entertaining presence in the gaming world — a perfect way to raise awareness of NFTs and Web3. Being that I am a teacher for younger students myself, one of my favorite parts of this proposal is that they will be giving back to the community through scholarships and mentorship for up-and-coming players.

There is a lot of positivity and empowerment that can stem from this venture! Cheering for the whole team and stoked to see what the future holds for y’all!

4 Likes

IMO, this might not a good idea, promoting $APE to unrelated party might not bring positive traffic. The most effective way would be Otherside itself, a good and open game/metaverse can bring many new bloods come to play, to build.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @demigodzx,

Thank you @demigodzx for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions]. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @demigodzx please see your messages for the next steps.

@Lost.Admin

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

The AIP Draft submitted is currently incomplete and feedback has been provided to the author.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Thank you,

@Lost.Admin

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@demigodzx has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

Welcome to the PARTY!!!

3 Likes

Hey fam, what is the process for this unlock, exactly? I think you mentioned DAO vote, so is that a separate AIP? If so, what including this into this AIP does?

Would you perhaps want to just provide expected results of first 6 months (in specific numbers like views, retweets, whatever) and as long as you’re close-ish to those, the 2nd leg of funding unlocks automatically?

This is the one part that stood out for me / may be worth clarifying. Cheers!

3 Likes