AIP-256: ApeCoin DAO Mission Statement

I also wonder if there will be an option for the community to reject all of the submissions or abstain from voting. It’s important that we have a clear consensus on the mission statement, and I think it’s worth considering how to handle the case where none of the submissions are satisfactory.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

4 Likes

Thanks AA!

My take is that if this gets voted through then the community is voting to have a mission statement. Anyone can always abstain by simply not voting.

Giving the community a chance to contribute their own MS and select 8 finalists and vote on the final MS seems like a reasonable way to build consensus around something that is clearly needed.

That being said I’m always open to other suggestions on how to make sure the MS process best represents the will of the DAO. Lmk if you have any suggestions, thank you!

BT

4 Likes

Hi @MisterHype,

My response above covers most of this.

Regarding this part, if the community is submitting and choosing the 8 finalists then who would they not be satisfactory to? Thanks,

BT

4 Likes

Hi @badteeth,

Thank you but can you clarify how we win on:

What are the DAO capabilities and systems in those markets to actually win in those markets?

If the community is submitting and choosing the 8 finalists, then it’s unlikely that anyone would not be satisfied with the finalists. got your point here.

2 Likes

Not sure what we’re trying to, “win.” The goal is just to provide accessibility to as many DAO members as possible :slight_smile:

BT

2 Likes

That makes sense. Wasn’t thinking about if the proposal passes, that’s signaling that the DAO wants a Mission Statement and agrees with the process.

There could possibly be an option for “none of the above”, since there are always voters that aren’t involved in the day to day discussions, and might not like the choices, but ideally we’ll have 8 amazing statements to chose from.

Thanks again for your dedication to this and look forward to it moving forward!

3 Likes

Hi @badteeth,

I’m sorry for late response. While accessibility is certainly an important goal, it’s also important to consider how we can maximize the impact of our efforts.

By meaning ‘win’, we can aim to provide accessibility to as many DAO members as possible while also optimizing our efforts to ensure that we are reaching the right people in the right way (I’m not sure we ready to serve the top 5 languages you mentioned). By doing so, we can create a more engaged and effective community that is better equipped to achieve its goals.

Additional, read my respond to @BojangleGuy about different languages for guideline.

1 Like

Hi @badteeth,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Vulkan

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, but I must hard disagree here – limiting languages isn’t winning.

The more languages the better. We’re trying to provide accessibility to as many DAO members as possible.

We also conducted the mission statement surveys in these five languages already, so I’m confident we can get the 8 finalists statements translated without issue. Thanks,

BT

7 Likes

I’m ready, let’s go! :raised_hands::handshake:

4 Likes

Hi @badteeth,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate your focus on inclusivity and agree that it is essential to consider accessibility to as many DAO members as possible. However, I believe that we need to have a more in-depth conversation on Discourse regarding which countries we want to focus on and what does it mean.

I review the mission statement surveys it’s not taking the place from the discourse. We need to have a clear plan in place for future AIPs. This means that any proposal should also commit future AIPs to focus on those markets in ‘steps to implement’. By doing so, we can ensure that our efforts are aligned with the DAO’s long-term goals.

As it stands, the current proposal do not ask for that commitment. Therefore, it’s crucial to ensure that we have a concrete plan in place for language selection to ensure that we are aligning our efforts with our broader goals.

In summary, while I understand the importance of inclusivity and accessibility, I believe that we need to have a more in-depth conversation about our language selection strategy to ensure that our efforts are aligned with our broader goals. To return to a favorite example, Apple initially wasn’t focused on top 5 markets by its first where-to-play choice—which was desktop computers, but eventually expanded its where-to-play options after established themself in the world, as the desktop of choice for creative industries. This led Apple to change its playing field to the creation of successful products such as the iPod, iMusic, iPhone, and iPad and now to Arcade and VR.

Thank you for bringing up this important topic, and I look forward to discussing it further on Discourse.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @badteeth,

Thank you for your ideas (and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions). A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @badteeth please see your messages for the next steps.

-Vulkan

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@badteeth has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

1 Like

Hi @MisterHype,

It seems like you’re conflating DAO marketing with accessibility. Our market is ApeCoin holders, they live many places and speak many languages. There is nothing in the current AIP process that limits proposals to a specific geographic region or language.

The mission statement should be translated into as many languages as possible so that anyone participating in the DAO understands the mission and is able to align their contributions to achieving that mission.

Additionally, for the long term benefit of the DAO, we should make as much of the AIP process consumable in as many languages as possible. Thank you!

BT

3 Likes

Our team has reviewed and discussed @badteeth’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

1 Like

Responses sent, thank you!

BT

1 Like

@badteeth has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

1 Like

@badteeth has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

Questions (click to expand)
  1. Besides the steps to implement listed in your AIP, are there any additional Milestones or KPIs you have identified?

No

1. Besides hosting two Twitter Spaces, is the Ape Foundation expected to engage in any of the steps of the AIP implementation? If so, please specify the step and elaborate how it is expected to work.

Upon selection of a mission statement by DAO voters, the Ape Foundation, Governance Working Group, or other responsible parties will:

• Update the apecoin.com website to include the mission statement on the “About” and “Governance” pages
  • Update the Snapshot profile to include the mission statement
  • Add the mission statement under “Motivation” in AIP-1
  • Add the mission statement where relevant on the WG0 Discord and Discourse
  • Add the mission statement to all ApeCoin DAO social media accounts
  • Promote the new mission statement with a post on all social media accounts
  1. Do you provide consent to share these questions and answers with the community in this forum?

Yes

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

2 Likes