AIP-258: Proposal for Creating a Forum Section for AIP Authors Approved by ApeCoin DAO

Administrator contact info is already listed on the DAO “About” tab. Isn’t this a bit redundant?

I do like this idea. But why limit access to only authors? Would prospective authors, or people simply curious about the process itself, have access?

As an author of the AIP-182 proposal, I’ve noticed that there is still a problem with communication and getting information. It would be really helpful for authors to have one central place where they can find all the information about the grant process and contact people if they have questions. This is especially important after the voting stage.

Having limited access is crucial because authors want to feel comfortable talking openly and sharing their problems, ideas, and sensitive information with other authors. For example, I have questions for authors whose AIPs were approved two months ago, but I don’t want to share them publicly. In this case, I want to be sure that only other authors can see and respond to my questions.

By creating an easy-to-use section with restricted access, we can improve communication among authors and create a safe space for discussing matters related to our proposals.

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@doberdanny has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Amplify

Our team has reviewed and discussed @doberdanny’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Amplify

We have no further questions for @doberdanny. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

After review, this Topic submitted by @doberdanny is ready for vote under AIP-258.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimise for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

2 Likes

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

1 Like

The voting period has closed for this proposal and it has been accepted with a 68.52% pass rate. The proposal will be passed on for implementation.

Follow this proposal under the AIP Transparency and Execution Category. A new post has been created here, Implementation Update | AIP-258: Proposal for Creating a Forum Section for AIP Authors Approved by ApeCoin DAO, and further updates will be posted.

Thanks,

-12GAUGE

2 Likes