AIP-262: Add “Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem” to AIP Templates

PROPOSAL NAME

Add “Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem” to AIP Templates

PROPOSAL CATEGORY

Category: Process

ABSTRACT

This proposal seeks to update the AIP Templates to include a section entitled “Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem”.

The purpose of this proposal is to address a recurrent issue in the ApeCoin DAO where AIPs go up to vote without a clear explanation of how they will benefit the ApeCoin ecosystem.

It would require AIP authors to explain how their proposals will benefit the ApeCoin ecosystem. If an AIP is requesting funding, it would need to explain in detail the benefit in relation to the amount of funding requested.

AUTHOR DESCRIPTION

Written by @waabam and @fudmaster on behalf of Bored Club Canada.

MOTIVATION

There is a recurrent issue in the ApeCoin DAO where AIPs go up to vote without a clear explanation of how they will benefit the ApeCoin ecosystem.

This AIP will help address that problem by requiring AIP authors to explain how their proposal will benefit the ApeCoin ecosystem.

Including “Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem” as a dedicated section would provide more insight into the intrinsic value of an AIP to the ApeCoin DAO ecosystem, while empowering voters to better make an informed decision.

RATIONALE

Requiring each AIP to explicitly outline how it will benefit the ApeCoin ecosystem will improve the transparency and consistency of the AIP process.

This AIP aligns with all of ApeCoin’s values, and specifically will further boldness and transparency.

SPECIFICATIONS

This AIP requires changes on the ApeCoin Discourse forum and changes in the template used when posting AIPs to Snapshot.

Specifically, the AIP Draft Template should be edited to include a section entitled “Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem”. This new section of the AIP Draft template should come after “Rationale” and before “Key Terms”.

This new section will also be included on Snapshot each time an AIP goes to vote. This section on Snapshot should come prior to the “Overall Cost” section.

STEPS TO IMPLEMENT

(1) The ApeCoin DAO’s Discourse Facilitators are instructed to edit the following Discourse posts to include a section entitled “Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem”:

AIP Draft Template

AIP Draft Template Breakdown

In the AIP Draft Template Breakdown post, the “Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem” section should be section number 6, and the sections following should be re-numbered accordingly.

In the AIP Draft Template Breakdown post, the “Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem” section should include the following as a brief description of what is expected in that section:

Explain how your proposal will benefit the ApeCoin ecosystem. If your AIP is requesting funding, explain in detail the benefit in relation to the amount of funding that you are requesting.

(2) The Administrators responsible for posting AIPs to Snapshot are instructed to include the “Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem” on Snapshot each time an AIP goes to vote. This section should come prior to the “Overall Cost” section.

TIMELINE

This AIP can be implemented within 1-2 days of the AIP being approved by the DAO.

OVERALL COST

$0

10 Likes

Makes sense to me… Would also like to see adjustments made to what’s shown on Snapshot. Currently it’s just the Abstract which feels like far too little. This also creates an awkward writing process for authors forced into placing content here that should otherwise be shown elsewhere.

Furthermore, because this is the first section shown on the AIP Draft Template, voters would see this first anyways, and from there, should be able to choose whether or not they read more or just scroll to the bottom and vote.

Nonetheless, in favour of adding a Benefit to the ApeCoin Ecosystem subheading 100%.

:canada: :canada:

AC

16 Likes

I am in favour of this . As it clearly outlines the justification spent on the AIP instead of just blindly placing the ApeCoin logo just for the sake of a product placement

6 Likes

Any and all AIP (save for a few exceptions) should be able to demonstrate how they add benefit to and advance the ecosystem as a whole. A good point well made :+1:

7 Likes

Hi @BoredClubCanada, @Waabam, @FUDmaster,

Thank you for your proposal to add “Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem” to the AIP Templates. It’s great to see that you’re addressing the recurrent issue of AIPs lacking clear explanations of their impact on the ApeCoin ecosystem. Even if it will not pass, I’ll add it to founders circle before launch.

By including a dedicated section for explaining how each proposal will benefit the ApeCoin ecosystem, you are promoting transparency and empowering voters to make more informed decisions. This addition will provide valuable insight into the intrinsic value of each AIP and its alignment with ApeCoin’s values of boldness and transparency.

I appreciate the clarity of your specifications and steps to implement the changes. Editing the AIP Draft Template on the ApeCoin Discourse forum and including the “Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem” section on Snapshot during voting will ensure consistency throughout the AIP process.

I support this proposal and believe that it will contribute to the improvement of the ApeCoin DAO ecosystem.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

3 Likes

Reserving this post for change log.

2 Likes

Thanks for your support and feedback, @MisterHype, @NFD, @justzb, and @AllCityBAYC.

6 Likes

Side note that just came to mind, a change like this wouldn’t only benefit voters—it forces applicants to get keep this critical component of their proposal at the forefront of their minds while providing an added ability to win people over who may typically be looking to spend treasury funds in other ways, for other reasons.

Bullish on this addition.

AC

12 Likes

Simple and obvious change. It should have always been there

9 Likes

This is a great idea! This will help a lot of voters who don’t have time to dig deep into the longer proposals, and it also helps people like me out who create AIP breakdowns to get this direct statement from the authors^^

11 Likes

Simple and logical Process proposal!! As I create AIP Breakdowns & Analysis reports for the community & delegates, “benefit to the ApeCoin ecosystem” and “benefit vs cost” are sections I like to highlight every time. Having proposal authors go through the exercise of thinking through this makes a ton of sense and will lead to more aligned & thought through proposals.

Thanks to our friends at Bored Club Canada, @Waabam, and @FUDmaster for this excellent idea!

14 Likes

Great idea! It would have forced me to think specifically around ApeCoin when I had submitted my own proposal, which does make sense for a DAO with ApeCoin in its name.

12 Likes

Great idea, thank you @BoredClubCanada!

BT

4 Likes

thanks, i’m for it. Спасибо @BoredClubCanada, @Waabam и @FUDmaster.

2 Likes

Great idea, I’m in favor.

3 Likes

Fantastic idea and a very necessary update. No-brainer to have this on the template.

3 Likes

+1. Something that should be a mandatory across all of our activities/proposals. Thanks for the suggestion

2 Likes

Thanks @wapow, @Hank, @StoicDegen, @SeraStargirl and all of the other commenters above! We appreciate your support. Looking forward to having this AIP move to draft phase and going to vote ASAP.

4 Likes

Totally agree, great ideia this will help allot of voters.

3 Likes

Hi @BoredClubCanada,

I like the idea and fell it will make things simpler for a lot of people.

2 Likes