AIP-385: GWG Delegate Accelerator

Hello, the Mutant Cartel has a newly established delegation, MCEmissary.eth. You can reach out to myself or @codeiaks. Looking forward to working together!

12 Likes

Love to see it!!

!Howl

4 Likes

Would love to work with you on defining what ‘active’ and ‘functional’ mean in this context. imho there’s a lot of potential directions those two words could go, especially when there’s a lot of people involved, and the success of those two words becomes like a foundation for the success of the whole initiative

Some food for thought; (just general brainstorm/discussion topics)
Re ‘active’, maybe tracking and publicly displaying in a leaderboard of sorts;

• Voting streaks, consecutive voting by delegate
  • Forum activity, response times to authors
  • Clarifying primary preferred communication method with Authors (some delegates prefer forum, others prefer Discord, others prefer Twitter, TG, WeChat etc, needs to be streamlined or at least clarified which to use)
  • Somehow singling to future authors proactively, what type of proposals the delegates want to see. Signaling to increase alignment, instead of authors writing proposals no-one wants
  • Increased visibility based on activity, climbing the leaderboard etc

Re ‘Functional’

• Letting people chose multiple delegates, in sequence, so if a delegate fails to vote, the delegatee’s vote automatically moves to the next delegate in their queue, no lost votes, and no damage if a delegate goes MIA
  • Having some mechanism for delegates to discuss more directly together, the monthly meetings have been great so far, wondering what a good follow up ‘in-between’ comm method could be to keep convos going in between those monthly meetings
  • Fixing the snapshot API issue to ensure proper vote counts are being displayed (working on this one, just putting it in here for transparency)

Just a few thoughts while sipping coffee while still on vacation, looking forward to coming back and supporting more :sunglasses: :+1:

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. FYI, I will edit the initial feedback soon, just organised it first.

Good to also get others feedback, so I will adjust this draft accordingly.

Potential to create a leaderboard of delegation or expand this function on the main apecoin website.

Active
  • Voting streaks, consecutive voting by delegation.
  • Clarifying primary preferred communication method with Authors (some delegates prefer forum, others prefer Discord, others prefer Twitter, TG, WeChat etc, needs to be streamlined or at least clarified which to use)
  • Somehow singling to future authors proactively, what type of proposals the delegates want to see. Signaling to increase alignment, instead of authors writing proposals no-one wants
  • Increased visibility based on activity, climbing the leaderboard.

Questions

• Forum activity, response times to authors.
    I think they won’t want this kind of monitoring.
Functional
  • Having some mechanism for delegates to discuss more directly together, the monthly meetings have been great so far, wondering what a good follow up ‘in-between’ comm method could be to keep convos going in between those monthly meetings
  • Fixing the snapshot API issue to ensure proper vote counts are being displayed (working on this one, just putting it in here for transparency)

Questions

• Letting people chose multiple delegates, in sequence, so if a delegate fails to vote, the delegatee’s vote automatically moves to the next delegate in their queue, no lost votes, and no damage if a delegate goes MIA.
    By using gnosis backed delegation they can easily change who is managing the delegation. This solves the issue of inactive delegation leaders.

What do you think about Delegations getting rewarded with ApeCoin voting rights from the ApeCoin Dao outside of the APE their community has delegated?

If this is done, should it be proportional? or taper down as their delegation gains voting power? E.g. Do we ask for an allocation from the ApeCoin Dao to match or partially match Apecoin.

3 Likes

Can you explain your idea here in more detail. Thanks. FYI more details have been filled out since you last looked at the idea.

2 Likes

Hi @bigbull ,

The community feedback period for your proposal would be ending in roughly 24 hours.

• If you’re content with the feedback received, your next steps are to finalize your proposal using the AIP Draft Template.
  • A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft. Upon receipt of the final Draft, we will review and provide instructions on the next steps.
  • Are you ready to proceed to the next phase or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

Anytime! Happy to be a part of this discussion :+1:

Do you mean like direct from the ApeCoin treasury? Sorry not sure I understood what you meant exactly, wanted to double check first

So long as they actually go back and check in, I just meant setting up a couple failsafes in advance to automatically kick in

4 Likes

There are various options here.

1. Direct from ApeCoin Treasury.
  2. Funds transferred to wallet under management of GWG DAO.

I don’t think delegates want their community going elsewhere. It is more about incentives and education so these delegations are active and functional.

2 Likes

I like the idea of incentives to delegates, it’s def a topic worth exploring more. I think it would be interesting to hear some more community input on this one. Using the Ape treasury for voting could end up being a somewhat polarized topic either way. One thing I like about its potentiality is that it could help a really diligent but small delegate become more influential if/when stagnant voter wallets aren’t able to prop that diligent delegate up. On the flip side, it could accidentally make a huge delegate even bigger

I wonder if maybe there’s a cap of some sort, with some minimum requirements. Like, must be N active, with N wallets already in the delegate of N total size, to a max of N size, and if those conditions are met (plus whatever other conditions), then N amount of Ape from the treasury is permitted to automatically support that delegate up until that delegate passes the max cap.

Something like that could possibly incentivize people to a) become delegates in the first place, b) be good/diligent delegates, and c) help give those delegates liftoff to attract actual voter wallets. Then when they get big enough, remove the Treasury allocations so they then continue on more organically longer-term

Just thinking out loud here…very new concept I had not considered before, interesting…

3 Likes

Looking forward to it! Really great initiative BB and Stewards.
Hopefully more delegation groups will jump in and bring in more people and unique ideas.

4 Likes

Great to build on early ideas from the summer 2023.

6 Likes

This would be very ideal :star_struck:

4 Likes

Bro, I LOVE THIS! I would LOVE for our show ALL OF US RADIO to be considered for NOT NFT Community, but I don’t see a section for Media. Also, 10K would be steep for us, because we are just starting out, and are still really small.

But being a delegate is something that ALL OF US has spoken about A LOT and recently came up as a goal in our Annual Planning Meeting.

So, not sure if you see a way we could be considered, but if so, we would love to participate!

5 Likes

100% we want this open to communities that are not NFT communities. I had a collapsible section included which I have quoted below:

The only reason I thought about 10k as a min was it will take certain costs to get the communities onboard. We also want them to take 101 with Boring Security as a minimum.

We have been discussing making a special educational course for the admin in each community to take.

Each community needs to have a few roles/people to make it work:

1. Person to replicate the AIPs and spread in their community
  2. Person(s) to vote every two weeks on the main apecoin forum.
  3. Person to get trained and help set it up as we will have a system using gnosis/safe wallets to make it future proof.

A small community it coud be done by one dedicated person. I was just aware if too much work for one person it is more likely to fail.

What min number to join do you suggest?

What min number to apply for matching voting weight do you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

6 Likes

I reached out to @AnnieRawrz as she had a thankape reward related to this. Part of the onboarding process the delegates would need to have their profile completed on the delegate.apecoin.com page.

The communties I have reached out to are excited to have ApeCoin AIP authors come into their discords to discuss their AIPs and engage with their community.

I think smaller delegations see this as an opportunity to connect with the ApeCoin community.

6 Likes

I want to raise attention to all the projects that Gordon Goner has acquired in the last three months. He selected projects that he was passionate about as well as ones that have contributed to web3 culture. Each of Gordon’s purchases was highly acclaimed on Twitter. I strongly believe that we should take advantage of these relationships. These projects align with Ape Dao’s vision and aim to add contributing delegates from web3 communities. I have compiled a list of Gordon’s purchased projects, Twitter handles, and dates over the last three months.

• Tiger Lily by @ iphaCentauriKid - Purchased on January 3rd, 2024
  • NodeMonkes by @ nodeMonkes - Purchased on January 2nd, 2024
  • Quirkies by @ quirkiesnft - Purchased on January 2nd, 2024
  • JRNY Club Pass by @ JRNYcrypto - Purchased on January 2nd, 2024
  • Froganas by @ froganasNFT - Purchased on January 2nd, 2024
  • Mfers by @ unofficialmfers - Purchased on January 2nd, 2024
  • Mooncats by @ mooncatrescue - Purchased on January 2nd, 2024
  • BoDoggosNFT by @ BoDoggosNFT - Purchased on December 17th, 2023
  • Tigerbob by @ tigerbob_global by @grelysian - Purchased on December 2nd, 2023
  • Honorary Piece - by @ TaprootWizards - Gifted on November 29, 2023
  • Nakamoto Card - Purchased on November 27th, 2023
  • Super Yeti by @ super_yeti - Purchased on November 27th, 2023
  • Obsessions by @ fewocious - Purchased November 27th, 2023
  • Super Cool World by @ ninachanel - Purchased November 27th, 2023
  • Trademarks by @ jackbutcher - Purchased November 27th, 2023
  • Sugartown by @ visitsugartown - Purchased November 27th, 2023
  • Winds of Yawanawa by @ refikanadol - Purchased November 27th, 2023
  • Mini-me by @ peekcell - Purchased November 16th, 2023
  • Grey Pilgrim by @ forgottenrunes - Purchased November 10th, 2023
  • MNTGE by @ nickyads - Purchased November 10th, 2023
  • Kiny Robots by @ AvaStarsNFT - Purchased November 10th, 2023
  • Chromie Squiggle by @ artblocks_io - Puchased November 9th, 2023
  • Applied Primate by @ appliedprimate - Purchased November 9th, 2023
  • Size One by @ opepenedition - Purchased November 9th, 2023
  • World of Women by @ worldofwomennft - Purchased November 9th, 2023
  • MocaVerse by @ mocaverseNFT - Purchased November 9th, 2023
  • Mutant Hounds by @ mutanthounds - Gifted November 8th, 2023
  • Azuki by @ azuki - Purchased November 8th, 2023
  • Doodles by @ doodles - Purchased November 8th, 2023
  • CoolCats by @ coolcats - Purchased November 8th, 2023
  • 10KTF by @ 10KTFshop - Purchased November 8th, 2023
  • Rektguy by @ rektguyNFT - Purchased November 8th, 2023
  • Goblin Town by @ gobliwntown - Purchased November 8th, 2023
  • Chimpers by @ chimpersNFT - Purchased November 8th, 2023
  • Adam Bombs by @ bobbyhundreds - Purchased November 8th, 2023
  • Deadfellaz by @ deadfellaz - Purchased November 8th, 2023
  • Pudgy Penguins by @ pudgypenguis - Purchased November 7th, 2023
  • DeGods by @ DeGodsNFT - Purchased November 7th, 2023
  • Sappy Seals by @ sappysealsNFT - Purchased November 7th, 2023
  • CryptoToadz by @ cryptoadzNFT - Purchased November 7th, 2023
8 Likes

@Poco many thanks this is great research. I agree, these should be on the target communities to reach out to. As the coin of culture, we only achieve that once we have participation from a significant part of the overall NFT community.

Welcome to posting in the forum!

7 Likes

Great, thanks for looking into this @bigbull

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @bigbull ,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions].

A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template.

• Once the AIP Draft is confirmed by the author and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will receive an AIP ID number and move forward for Draft Analysis Review.
  • @bigbull please see your messages for the next steps.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author does not respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea.

-@Facilitators

3 Likes