AIP-64: IRL Events Feasibility Study — Recap

Hi SSP1111
I’ve been looking into IRL event funding from apecoin DAO and come across your posts and threads - looks like you’re doing some great work.
I run the UK Ape Club and done a number of events in the UK for BAYC/MAYC holders. Some funded by sponsors, others by the community itself. I probably have some good example for you to use going forward with any proposals.
And I’d also be interested in how i can support.
Reach out on Twitter if you want to have a chat?@Meekdog3000

12 Likes

gm gm @Meekdog3000 and welcome to the forums - love the UK Ape Club :uk:.

Yes, would be great to connect and yes I’ve been working with members, event professionals, brands and sponsors regarding ApeCoin IRL since May and we have a very exciting follow-up proposal coming soon.

FYI – @leeai was instrumental in our ApeCoin IRL Events Study - he had also mentioned UK Ape Club and believe he was going to connect us all, so I’m glad you popped up this morning.

We should jump on a call asap – I’d be happy to share the dynamics of the DAO, the AIP process (currently in flux) and the opportunities uncovered by the IRL Events Study.

Talk soon - Cheers
SSP✌🏽

5 Likes

Ah it’s all starting to make sense now where it’s all tied in. I’ve discussed this with @leeai separately.
Lee was the legend who sorted the Manchester meet and got his MAYC on the building, he has big plans with some events I understand…

I’d be keen to discuss how the governance can be set up for local events to mobilise - as someone who has put on events, and been out of pocket from events but enjoys servicing the communities i think this is key to maintain engagement.

6 Likes

This is exactly what the follow-up proposal solves for - collabing with the French Apes, LA Bored Apes, CaliApes, Aussie Apes, members with IRL experience in China, South Africa, EU and with you and Lee, hopefully UK.

I already follow you on Twitter (what footy game is that?) – let’s schedule a call, I think there is a great opportunity for helping set up an IRL Events Network.

6 Likes

Love the UK I lived there for 4 years! Would love to join you on one of the meet ups, you guys look great!

5 Likes

Welcome! For those of you who don’t know @Meekdog3000 he does a tremendous amount for the community and is an amazing advocate for the space. I gotta make another trip for the next UK meetup.

6 Likes

Eyyy thanks buddy - appreciate your kind words, hope you’re doing good! Get back over here…Fury vs Usyk maybe!

4 Likes

If you’re actively reaching out, I’d definitely talk to JBond (@jbondwagon on Twitter), he leads BAYCkada and is the de facto embassador for Filipino Apes, both in the Philippines and abroad. He’s huge in IRL events as well and could be a valuable resource for marketing and visibility as he’s an IP powerhouse. I’m in BAYCkada and can initiate the connection if you prefer.

4 Likes

Yes indeed, would love an introduction to a fellow ApeCoin Member with IRL Events experience.

Fun-Fact: 5 of the regions already confirmed in ApeCoinIRL are with the founders/members of regional BAYC clubs, so Filipino Apes could be a great add.

We still have two more spots to confirm and only one in the GMT+8 Time Zone (s/o Aussie Apes Surfer Club :call_me_hand:t4:).

Thanks in advance Chris - we also need to chat about NorCal.

Cheers
SSP :v:t4:

5 Likes

Definitely looking forward to discussing NorCal. I’m heading home from family vacation so I’ll be reaching out to BAYCkada soon. Excited for what we can create this year.

5 Likes

Would love to join in on the NorCal events conversations!! Also happy to make intros for cofounders of Chinese Ape Club if needed, let me know anytime.

Cheers to an eventful 2023!!
-Halina.eth :cherry_blossom:

9 Likes

Just reached out to JBond and the BAYCkada, they’re interested in joining forces! Hopefully we hear from him soon, I encouraged him to start a profile here in Discourse.

7 Likes

Would be great to see them participate more here!

3 Likes

Hey hey Chris,

Putting some needed edits to the IRL Events pitch deck draft (given recent chaos :laughing:).

Are you still interested in joining ApeCoinIRL for your area (NorCal)? I could see it starting off as a NorCal co-share with Halina and Chinese Apes Club, but could grow to be East Bay/South Bay/West or something.

Let me know and we’ll catch-up soon.

Cheers,
SSP✌🏽

7 Likes

Hey @ssp1111,

Of course we’ve talked before in our own channels, and on various Twitter stages, but I wanted to just get out here on this post and voice my support again. I was excited when you first introduced AIP-64, and I’m excited to help contribute to the follow up. So I’m here as well to raise my hand as one of the Bay Area reps !

Thank you for all the hard work,
Lost
:gorilla::orange_heart:

6 Likes

Echoing what @Lost mentioned above, I’m excited for what you’re building here @ssp1111. Would love to be part of the group that represents the Seattle/Pacific Northwest area if possible.

3 Likes

Appreciate your support and shout-outs on Twitter Spaces as always @Lost – and yes, thrilled to have you involved somewhere in the Bay Area IRL Events Network.

Would be thrilled to get your feedback on the AIP/Pitch Deck when ready (haven’t wanted to bother ApeComms as I know the entire team has been super busy with Elections, WG0 and AIP-175).

Is there a Bay Area specific BAYC Group by the way?

4 Likes

Echoing what I just said to Lost (above), appreciate your continued support and let’s get Pacific Northwest in the deck somewhere.

FFI - through the many convos with Local Champions from across the oceans, the recent choppy waters in the DAO has made it difficult to know just how to navigate the waves of general sentiment and chaotic voting behaviours, and we’ve gone back and forth on when and how to make our next step.

That said, a draft pitch deck is almost ready to get more eyes on it, so keep 'em peeled and thanks again.

Cheers,
SSP✌🏽

3 Likes

100%! Please count me in, excited to be a part of this! Thanks @ssp1111, just let me know if you’d like to jump on a call and touch base. Looking forward to an even more connected 2023!

4 Likes

We have some Bay Area Twitter group chats, other than that Discord servers haven’t been active for a while :rofl:

@CryptoLogically @Lost and I are all in the group chats, so we can forward information through there :saluting_face:

4 Likes