AIP-69: Fund the creation of an IP resource for BAYC/MAYC holders & community at large - Ecosystem Fund Allocation

Hi ApeCoin Community,

@mistaken_president has updated their proposal. You can check out the changes by clicking on the pencil icon on the top right of the post. image

- river

2 Likes

The proposal is long but nice.

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

We have sent a list of follow up questions to the author

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

- river

1 Like

@mistaken_president has responded to our follow-up questions and they are in our review once again.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-river

3 Likes

To update the AIP, I had a very wonderful chance to meet with some folks from the DAO to discuss a few lingering questions about the proposal and expect to have further updates to provide on the proposal sometime next week. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

At the very latest, an update on this AIP will be issued on Monday, 9/26. Thank you for your patience.

3 Likes

Catching up! Sounds like a very interesting proposal. Looking forward to the updated version. :eyes::raised_hands:

4 Likes

Dearest Apecoin DAO:

About a month ago, I accepted a position working with the Applied Primate Engineering team, a role I am extremely excited about (and have been having probably the greatest time/experiences of my career since joining).

As a result, my available time and resources have shrunk to the point where I do not feel confident that I would be able to oversee this AIP with the attention and care that I feel it deserves – and have come to the hard conclusion that proceeding with the AIP would be irresponsible and unfair to the DAO.

At this time, I regrettably have no other choice but to close out this AIP. I have reached out to a number of others in the space who I thought would be brilliant stewards of the proposal – to see if they would be interested in taking it on, but (probably because they’re all so incredibly talented and brilliant in their own rights) no one I spoke to had the bandwidth to accommodate this AIP alongside all of the other projects and initiatives that they’re working on.

That said, I still think this is a formidable concept and something that would strongly benefit both the DAO and the overall space – si in the event anyone out there wished to bring something similar to the DAO under their own steam, I would be more than willing to share any of the work I completed or any of the contacts that I made in the course of developing AIP-69.

Feel free to get in touch if interested. Thanks again to everyone in the community and the moderators at the DAO who were extremely supportive of this idea! I truly appreciate you!

-MP

8 Likes

Very sad to hear about your leaving this project. IP protection is vital for especially a big/top brand like Ape while there are so many derivatives but the current law does not suit them. I actually would love to see how this AIP helps holders benefit from the IP of their assets, which I believe is a natural character of web3 vision. A16z launched a project for NFT IP standard weeks ago (I believe it’s after this proposal was firstly created) and I think there are some references for moving on to the implementation of this idea.

I would be interested in taking over this project, and I’d like to see if anyone is also interested in continuing this project to make it happens.

4 Likes

great initiative! i think your project will be beneficial in the long run and provide clarity for many people thinking about how to use ape IPs.

1 Like

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-Pearson

1 Like