AIP-90: ApeCoin Claim Extension - For BAYC/MAYC holders during the ORIGINAL CLAIM WINDOW - Ape help Ape

Proposal Name:
—ApeCoin Claim Extension for Original Holders

Proposal Category:
—Community Support/Building

Abstract | Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.
–Anyone sill holding an eligible token (BAYC or MAYC) that they were holding PRIOR to the 90 day deadline has one last chance to claim their ApeCoin. Any tokens acquired or moved after the deadline are NOT eligible. This is to help people who had unfortunate matters that prevented them from claiming in the original window but continue to be long term holders and supporters of the community.

Motivation | A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal.
–The claim was very helpful for a lot of people and integral to the healthy growth of the APE community. Some people like myself did not realize APE Community was different than BAYC and did not see the expiration announcement or due to some unforeseen circumstances could not access their (cold)wallet, or connect a wallet to be eligible to see the active timer on apecoin.com

Rationale | An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Community’s mission and guiding values.

–Ape help Ape. The ultimate health of this Ecosystem will be community support, activation, and onboarding. Those individuals that were not able to claim could have missed on life changing assets that would provide resources to help give back more to community (equipment, classes, housing, art making tools, etc.) The extra amount put back into the EcoSystem fund is negligible at this time compared to how it can help individuals and thus help the entire web 3 ecosystem, especially APE community.

Specifications | A detailed breakdown of the platforms and technologies that will be used.
–Current site and claim technology that was previously utilized and using snapshots to designate the eligible original holders who missed out.

Steps to Implement | The steps to implement the proposal, including associated costs, manpower, and other resources for each step where applicable.

–A simple vote and reopening of the claim window for anyone who WAS holding an eligible token prior to the claim window ending and is STILL holding the SAME token. No way to “cheat the system.” Compensating the devs to initiate is also integral and can be funded by extra ApeCoin never claimed, and/or a small percentage from each of the claims honored in the extension.

Timeline | Relevant timing details, including but not limited to start date, milestones, and completion dates.

–Reopen ASAP and have open for 14-28 days and announce on ApeCoin.com and officially announce via BAYC discord/twitter.

Overall Cost | The total cost to implement the proposal.

-Negligible. Devs reinstate previous technology already used. Any costs associated can come from any unclaimed ApeCoin, or a small percentage of the eligible claims being honored in the extension.

1 Like

Just shared this on Twitter.
I would imagine there are many that, for whatever their life circumstances were at the time (myself included), could benefit from this extension.
I wouldn’t think this would cost the Dao too much and I can’t see there being a lot of resistance from the community if put to a vote.
Good luck!

6 Likes

Thanks @Toron10 appreciate your support and kindness.

2 Likes

Many have shown their support, reminder to “vote” in the upper left. Thanks and thanks for spreading the word.

3 Likes

Hi @ARTmetaverse,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Pearson

1 Like

If anyone has any feedback or additional thoughts to make this as fair and efficient as possible please share. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Pearson,

I don’t see a problem extending it for further feedback. Do you?

Have a great day!

3 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@ARTmetaverse has requested to extend the community discussion period for this AIP idea. This topic will automatically close a further 7 days from now. We encourage the community to continue to engage in thoughtful discussions through constructive criticism, honest feedback, and helpful suggestions.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

-Pearson

4 Likes

Is what you’re proposing technically possible? Apologies if I’m naive on this subject.

3 Likes

Hi, It is definitely possible with blockchain technology. Have a great day!

2 Likes

Hi @ARTmetaverse,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Pearson

1 Like

Thank you Pearson, I am content with feedback. Have a great weekend!

2 Likes

i second this… was the contract set up in a way that allowed it to be reopened? there may just be technical implementation issues that we aren’t aware of.

the cost to implement should include the amount of APE being requested from the treasury. After the 90 day claim window, unclaimed tokens were returned to the DAO ecosystem fund so they are now a part of the DAO treasury. How much APE are you requesting in this proposal?

if it is possible to re-open the contract (which i’m not sure it is), this would need to be better defined. what happens if someone was holding the token prior to the claim window ending, sold it, and then repurchased it again? seems like this would go against the ethos of this proposal, which is to help long-term community members who accidentally missed the claim.

1 Like

Good questions! Thank you you for contributing.

—Great question, upon my original proposal this is only for people who are still holding, thus long term members of the community.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

@ARTmetaverse has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

2 Likes

Our team has reviewed and discussed @ARTmetaverse’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

@ARTmetaverse has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

Hi Pearson,

Hope you and the team are doing well! I wanted to check in on the status of this. Most of all because we don’t want it to expire or anything like that. Thank you and have a great day.

2 Likes