AIP-134: Bug Bounty Program for AIP-21

I echo this statement. Why are we just now drafting this idea this late in the game? I am really not in favor of delaying staking any further. When AIPs 21/22 passed the vote back on May 4, 2022 there was a projected timeline of 12-16 weeks to get this staking mechanism built out and audited and implemented.

Horizen Labs has stated they are ready to launch 10/31 and there has been an audit performed. I am not opposed to any further bounty programs being ran, but I am heavily opposed to delaying staking any further.

I do think there has been ample time to get this system implemented as we have already delayed once. Now, this draft for further bug bounties to push the staking back at least another 2-4 weeks when we were literally 14 days from target date staking implementation.

I understand the need to get this right, but isn’t that why Horizen Labs was hired to create a robust, quality staking mechanism? I am okay with a bounty program if it doesn’t cause major delays. I think the communication surrounding this should have been way better and the Ape Coin Community shouldn’t be constantly hit with surprises regarding this AIP.

Up to this point, I feel like we have been over-promised and under-delivered with delays and missed target dates. Moving forward I want to see things given a more realistic and true timeline. I’d prefer move along the lines under-promise and over-deliver motto moving forward. This is my honest feedback and as you can tell I have grown increasingly frustrated by the delays, communication, and lack of transparency surrounding these processes.

14 Likes