AIP Idea - APE3 - Small business media website in web3

Proposal Category
APE3 - Small business media website in web3

Abstract

A website where small business owners can learn direct, and specific advice on how to leverage crypto in their businesses and the apecoin ecosystem.

Now all the media sites are about high networth investors, celebrities and highly technical individuals. However there is no publication for the everyday business owners. Let’s say you own a gym or a shopify store, you won’t be able to apply the crypto knowledge into your business. Unless you are billion dollar corporations, you might not have a web3 strategy. However to make APEcoin seriously mainstream, we need to target the small business owners to grow together.

Motivation

The APE community is where the most important people in crypto are coming together. No matter if you are an investor, celebrity, a highly skilled business executive, or a small business owner, instead of trying to figure out how blockchain is working like the back of a microwave, you only need to know how it will heat up your pizza. It will bring so many regular investors and entrepreneurs into the scene.

The current challenge of the ApeCoin community is that it seems like we are focused much more on hype, and less so on direct business applications. We can solve this problem. We can translate the hype, and marketing towards a direct business application.

Rationale

APE coin is extremely trusted by the ape community and the NFT insiders. However the mass market sees NFT as having no real value and there is no direct connection with their daily life. By being associated with our small business news site, it can normalize APE coin’s legitimacy. Since people can associate the ape community with things they find in their daily life.

Key Terms

APE3: APE businesses in the web3 world.

Specifications

In the following year, we will become the top source for small business owners to leverage crypto and web3 in their businesses, also it will have special columns regarding APE3 and ape holder’s businesses. We will build a wordpress website and get industry experts, to create content with us, and for the community.

Steps to Implement

We need to hire freelancers including (writers, business development, video editors so we can turn an interview into a podcast, multiple newsletters, several tweets, multiple tiktoks and more media content) Our plan is to distribute out our content, to multiple media forms, to get the most out of it.

Timeline

Q1 we will focus on building the site and launching it, Q2 content quality control, Q3 marketing, Q4 events

In the coming months, we will create articles, and videos, summarizing the most relevant small business crypto application and ape coin news.

We will do in-depth analysis of apecoin related proposals, and how these proposals would affect the business community.

We will syndicate the content to additional media platforms.

Overall Cost

Writers: 50k
Video editors: 50k
Website development: 50k

Hello, and thank you for your idea! :slight_smile:

Can you speak a little bit about the team that will make this idea a reality if it goes to a vote? I have my own questions about the overall idea and budget but I don’t know if it’s productive to get into it without knowing if someone is willing to actually create this.

Was this AIP withdrawn because there was no team in place to organize the events? I’m afraid the same thing might happen here:

I don’t want to stifle any of your creative ideas, but I think this sort of post is best kept for the General category. I would prefer to see you requesting a team of people willing to work towards these goals instead of a budget first approach.

Thank you again, and please feel free to continue to post your ideas!

-Amplify

2 Likes

These are great questions Amplify!

A couple things on the SF tech meetup AIP idea (Which was only in the idea phase, and I didn’t move it out to the proposal stage). I cancelled that idea for a couple reasons.

1. I think the proposal needed to be reworked from some of the feedback on the event, so I did not want to push it to a vote with those problems.
  2. I went to every single crypto meetup in SF, for 3 weeks (4 months ago, in April), to do a “gut check” of the space. And my “gut check” was that, at the time, the community was simply not there yet, and had problems that were not solvable, with money, at the time.

I very well could revisit that proposal in the future, but I did not feel certain enough of having places to put that money, at the time, so did not push the proposal forward because of that.

Your question on team is also a good one.

For this project I am working with a top web3 linkedin creator (25k followers) who does interviews/podcasts with top executives at fortune 500 companies. She is building a media company, and is tentatively raising 500k-3 million for it right now (Exact number for the funding isn’t decided/locked in yet), and applying to top startup accelerators.

And the money would be used to hire contractors, as well, to work on the site.

I had the idea to work with her on this, to launch her first major media project, via a specific, and targeted crypto grant. We would be doing this specific project full time together.

A targeted crypto grant would allow us to focus our efforts, on something specific, and then expand outward from there. (for example, if things go well, we might revisit the meetup grant, once we have an established history of success, and using funds responsibly and effectively).

2 Likes

In general I love this idea. I have a lot of things I’d love to share about how web3 has helped my business, but I don’t have any reach to do so. I’m sure other people feel the same way.

Getting together a place where people know to come to get info from business owners who aren’t trying to be influencers is a great find.

2 Likes

I really like the core idea in this proposal and think it’s definitely worth developing and discussing further. Like @Amplify mentioned, I’d also like to know more about the team in place for making such a website operational before the AIP possibly goes for a vote. Most importantly I’d like to learn more about your own background and track record as the proposal owner and project manager (?).

Furthermore, I’d like to see a more detailed breakdown of the costs and some idea of how regular content will be created and published and some visual template or a mock-up website to help the voters see how it would look like if this was funded.

Something else that could be helpful to add to your proposal would be other websites who do something similar to what you’re suggesting to give voters a better idea of what you have in mind. Doesn’t have to be web3 related but some examples of existing businesses that are similar would help.

Lastly, how long do you envision this fund to last you? What happens after you run out of the initial fund? Is there a business model in place to ensure continuity or will you always be dependent on grants from the DAO?

I have some other comments which I’ll save for later so this post doesn’t get too long :nerd_face::crazy_face:

Thank you for submitting this AIP idea! I think it’s a very interesting idea and if done well could be very helpful to the community. :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply! Like @Novocrypto, I am eager to learn more about your teams’ experience and ability. I have a few more questions/considerations:

• You mentioned you would be using contractors to build out the website and write the content. Have you spoken with any potential contributors about this idea and received quotes for the work? I recently had a Wordpress website built for me that includes a blog and newsletter and it only cost ~$400 or so. I understand what you’re going for requires more functionality, but I am hesitant to believe it requires $49,600 more to function.

• Have you explored the potential of working with The Bored Ape Gazette, or any of the other newsletters funded by this proposal? AIP-66: ApeCoin Newsletter - Ecosystem Fund Allocation - #3 by bc

I think there is an opportunity for you to team up with one of the existing Media producers for the DAO and start sharing ideas. It could definitely help support your AIP with more team members to collaborate with. :slight_smile:

Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions, and again thank you for submitting your idea! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Hi @stale2000,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Pearson

Hello, I want to withdraw the proposal for now to contact some of the groups mentioned by the parties in this thread, to get feedback from them.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@stale2000 has requested to withdraw their application. This AIP will be moved to and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.