Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.
A DAO-supported ownership contract for BAYC/MAYC that can be used by dapps to verify ownership by signing messages from a “signing wallet” without users needing to sign from the wallet holding the BAYC/MAYC NFT.
A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal.
To help prevent NFT owners from getting scammed.
An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Community’s mission and guiding values.
Community-supported open source contract that protects it’s own members is a no-brainer.
Key Terms (optional)
Definitions of any terms within the proposal that are unique to the proposal, new to the APE Community, and/or industry-specific.
A contract that is used by apps that want to verify ownership of an NFT
A detailed breakdown of the platforms and technologies that will be used.
- Solidity contract deployed to Ethereum mainnet
- NFT owners can designate a hot “signing” wallet in the contract from their BAYC/MAYC wallet via Etherscan (or a dedicated community funded interface)
- If an owner sells their BAYC/MAYC NFT (unheard of!), the pointer will remain, so the contract will also include a verify() function so apps can verify the pointer is up to date before accepting the signature of the signing wallet.
Steps to Implement
The steps to implement the proposal, including associated costs, manpower, and other resources for each step where applicable.
- Will require a few Solidity developers to write, review, and collaborate
- Will require a small amount of funding for deployment fees
- Will require funding for 3rd party auditing, if desired.
- Will need community support from apps that deal with BAYC/MAYC ownership requirements
Relevant timing details, including but not limited to start date, milestones, and completion dates.
4-6 weeks to write, review, gather feedback, and audit.
Adoption by major apps will have take an uncertain amount of time.
The total cost to implement the proposal.
Minimal. I think we could find enough BAYC/MAYC member devs willing to build it for free.