AIP Idea: Guy Oseary as ApeCoin Representative

After researching I feel that having guy on board for this would be a great addition to the apecoin! Would love to hear some feedback from @guyoseary himself.

3 Likes

If this go to vote, please clarify roles and permissions within the custody account.

4 Likes

This can do nothing but open doors and I’d love to see this put into motion.

5 Likes

Guy Oseary has an exceptional track record representing BAYC. I believe he will properly allocate the funds requested to benefit ApeCoin in ways that reflect the values of the ApeCoin DAO.

I support this proposal.

4 Likes

You definitely have our vote. Not sure why people would even question this at 1%. I’d let him have 10% if he thought thats what he needed and honestly would have no contingencies on how or where it would be used.

We should all be super thankful for this opportunity. Its HUGE!

5 Likes

Completely agree. This will do wonders for $ape / the dao.

7 Likes

i agree with this wholeheartedly!

4 Likes

I’m VERY interesting in this. can we do something like 0.5% instead though? 1% is a good chunk.

2 Likes

I’m 100% onboard. Guy for President!

3 Likes

Been said twice already, but DAO funds shouldn’t be in a CEX, or even an EOA. They should be in a multisig. This specific 1% fund should be in its own 5-of-7 (or thereabouts) multisig with Guy as one of the signers and I suppose the council as the others.

Propriety in negotiations can be maintained, but DAO ops should be on-chain.

6 Likes

Transparency is key and the 1% will naturally flux

2 Likes

Fully support this AIP. Guy’s credentials are beyond reproach and it’s incredibly exciting to have him representing a project and asset that means a great deal to our community.

5 Likes

After doing research on Guy it’s very much a yes from me ( as much as my thoughts mattter)

4 Likes

We need strong leaders in essential roles. The DAO structure is great but having a well funded individual with the agency to work on our behalf is necessary. Guy is the guy.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @guyoseary for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @guyoseary please see your messages for the next steps.

6 Likes