AIP results / follow-up system?

Yes, but is it not public?

2 Likes

This is so sorely needed, and would help a lot of voters feel more comfortable voting in favor of AIPs if they knew updates & accountability could be expected at specific stages throughout the process. It’s something that could fit within the Working Group structures as well, so excited to flesh this out & establish this system!

4 Likes

The WG0 Discord is token-gated, so you’ll need 1 unstaked ApeCoin in order to enter the server.

3 Likes

** Edit. Will follow up internally…

1 Like

Milestone checkers? Nice

2 Likes

ty Halina, but I still don’t have a link to it :see_no_evil: Can anyone post invite pwease

3 Likes

Should be same link @CryptoLogically posted, sharing here again:

2 Likes

adding a +1 here. seems like having a section here with “Funded AIPs” that provide a grid view of each AIP and some high level details (date funded, amount funded, expected benefits) etc would be a good starting point. Potentially once the OKRs are developed, one could drill down into the proposal and have additional detail. I think developing something, probably as part of a working group would be a good idea.

4 Likes

Oh oops, sorry @CryptoLogically, was only checking this on my phone today and missed the link. Thanks to you both!

3 Likes

mmm I like this a lot

2 Likes

All good, you actually raised a point that prompted me to create a Topic along these lines.

1 Like

Agree, however IMO this should be a one-way street with all roads leading to Discourse.

DAO controls it, unlike Twitter, Discord, etc. - and it as a far, far, FAR more welcoming, organized and chill format than the others. For onboarding newbies that’s crucial.

Many can’t stand Discord or Twitter. Discord especially is a mess, and both have a terrible signal/noise ratio and spam/scam exposure.

5 Likes

How does a progress tracker sound ?

List key objectives, note progress, possible difficulties, ideal vs actual funct. comparison (noting, difficulties, trade offs) etc etc

this can be done in an iterative way, Setting that up would take a max of 2 - 3 weeks. Will need help in tracking those proposals and maintaining that database though.

Shouldn’t be that hard, would you like seeing something like that included in ApeCoinTracker ?

2 Likes

Damn, then my $ 1 billion / year proposal of maintaining an Tri services armed forces is out the door ?

wooooow

1 Like

What is ApeCoinTracker?

And yes, a progress tracker is the idea. I think DAO needs a site for easy tracking / searching all proposals. Simple / functional and officially linked to from here and apecoin dot com and twitter. State of the Union kind of deal.

3 Likes

I got the domain apecointracker.xyz for AIP 233, I guess we could use it for our subdomain as projects.apecointracker.xyz

keeping it simple, me likey

1 Like

Agreed a tracker would make it nice

3 Likes

In the spirit of innovation, tracking project progress is essential. Transparency and collaboration fuel creativity, while regular updates promote shared responsibility. By engaging the community, I suggest the following:

1. Check in within clear milestones with deadlines.

2. Initiate open dialogue with authors.
    as they may be encountering challenges and hesitant to seek assistance.

3. Use a centralized documentation system.

4. Celebrate teams successes.

5. Share updates with the community through Apecoin twitter account.

6 Likes

It’s definitely a good way to keep track of the progress and performance of AIP authors and help them in case they face any challenges.

2 Likes

Yes, we haven’t really had anyone tracking these things before. It is one of the items I’ll be working on as part of my “DAO Secretary mandate.” Hopefully this will bring clarity and transparency to the progress authors make during and after the implementation phase.

9 Likes