Ambassador Program

but will we allow them to endorse/promote ApeCoin in any manner they wish? Council’s responsibility is to serve the vision of the DAO and should have oversight to the ambassador within their elected role & responsibility.

No, of course not. That’s why I would actually define the role once we get the format down.

The DAO’s responsibility is to serve the vision of the DAO. It should have a vote on every Ambassador, because I plan to leave it open as to what communities Ambassadors want to focus on. Can you imagine leaving the communities for Ambassadors to focus on in the hands of a centralized body when there is an alternative? It’s a completely wasted opportunity and ripe for problems if we do it the old way.

This is literally every position ever created ever. It needs more definition. What is the ambassador endorsing or promoting?

Yes, and that’s ok at this stage, because we’re still talking about format, not what the actual responsibilities are. What’s most important is that I get out the idea that Ambassador is to become an official term with responsibilities and a budget, and that position is voted on through individual AIPs.

Dapper sells NFTs to buyers. Are you referring to Dapper Creators? To my knowledge it hasn’t launched.

I’ve been through a grant program and built a dApp with Dapper and did a tour of their entire infrastructure. The Creator program, along with many others, have launched (some completed) and are going to actually be at Art Basel showing off what was produced.

Yes, Dapper also sells NFTs but this is not what I’m talking about. You don’t need NFTs to attract talent, and that’s good, because ApeDAO doesn’t have any. We need to attract builders to create.

4 Likes

Yes, but also and direct from the website, “The purpose of the Board is to administer DAO proposals and serve the vision of the community.”

This prop is VERY similar to AIP-36. In that prop, Guy wrote: “I will consult with the Board about potential deals.” That prop passed with 94% in favor. Council engagement is already happening.

Again, I think we’re largely in agreement. Thanks for this suggestion I hope to see it move forward. Will be my last response in this thread.

2 Likes

I def think this is a great idea! Just some feedback from an outsider coming in from other DAO’s and metaverses this is what has truly drawn me to ApeDAO a bunch of feedback and communication which lacks a ton from other DAOs. People coming in here wanting to help and I think more people like this outreaching with open arms will continue to help grow this community.

4 Likes

Cool; I still need to use your reply to make a few points of order for everyone else.

“The purpose of the Board is to administer DAO proposals and serve the vision of the community.”

Yes, and the vision of the community should be to keep power in its hands. The SC can coordinate how to distribute funds.

This prop is VERY similar to AIP-36. In that prop, Guy wrote: “I will consult with the Board about potential deals.” That prop passed with 94% in favor. Council engagement is already happening.

That prop was the worst example of… put it this way, there is no equivalent to just giving Guy Oseary 1%… I haven’t heard a peep from this arrangement, by the way… :rofl: and it definitely doesn’t deal with any sort of Council engagement, because no one else has that access to that Council

1 Like

I will not support another election of ambassadors. We have the special council election already and it takes a long time. If we go through another process of selecting candidates and election campaigns, we are making another council. For me, a massive scale of beauty pageants is a lack of efficiency.

1 Like

It’s not another election in that sense. After the term “Ambassador” is defined, as I said before, people have to put up their own AIPs to become one. So there is no set election cycle.

Ambassadors also serve a vastly different purpose from Special Council (which… what really is that, anyway :rofl:). SC is (supposed to) be about connecting ApeDAO to brands; Ambassadors connect ApeDAO to communities. Ambassadors are the folks who get their hands dirty on the front lines, moving in local communities, not bestowing favor from on high out of Silicon Valley while jetsetting around LA/NYC/Paris/Dubai while they’re brokering 15 other deals. Both are needed, by the way.

If you still don’t want more elections just because they’re elections, I get that somewhat. Seems a bit lazy to me, however.

2 Likes
  1. do a short “scope” aip w/ tiny legal budget

What do you consider a “tiny” legal budget?

2 Likes

Hi @CryptoLogically, this sounds like an exciting initiative. Where does one sign up for the group?

3 Likes

I see what you meant. My previous assumption was there would be an overall proposal and ambassadors would be under that proposal’s scope. If ambassadors need to submit their own AIP then it’s not the “election” as the special council.

3 Likes

I think there needs to be more readability in the organization of the ApeCoin DAO.

I’m afraid that with the multitude of layers that are created, we no longer know what each person’s role is.

Between the role of the DAO Board, Cartan Group, Moderators, ApeComms, Ambassadors, it’s starting to get complicated for most newcomers.

Wouldn’t it be a good idea to create an organizational chart to present the current structure ?
As well as a V2 organizational chart to present the interest of this (these) new role(s) ?

8 Likes

@dyorjdr I did touch on this in my post here.

While the title of that post was reverted to the confusing one I originally had, I wanted to clarify the idea I posted was just to make a chart to show the different roles in the DAO. I’m not looking to setup additional working groups myself (although others can do so).

9 Likes

What’s up @Cardo! Please feel free to DM me on Twitter and we’ll get you in! Happy to add you.

2 Likes

Thanks, that could be very useful :+1:

3 Likes

Appreciate your other post regarding the potential working group structure. Is there any org chart that exists for the DAO as it stands today?

4 Likes

None that I know of, would be happy to make one though

4 Likes

Thank you! Would be really helpful to understand decision making processes / tasks when it comes to APE Foundation, Special Council / Board and Cartan Group.

3 Likes

I’m formalizing this topic in AIP Idea: Defining Ambassador and Other Terms to Create a New DAO Office so we can move forward on this officially.

3 Likes

I like the idea. It would drive more participation for DAO related activities.

Many of the team lead at “Communities” here are ambassador candidates.

5 Likes

After discussion and thought, I’m withdrawing my active pursuit of this topic as a focus. I still think the ideas are valid, but I believe bringing this topic up now will divert from the efforts of ApeComms. I certainly hope we can have this discussion at the appropriate time, and I also think my focus is better placed in projects/events rather than governance infrastructure at this time. I’ll be doing a proposal for those things soon.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.