Annual top 10 ApeCoin friendly Shops in real life Awards

1. What?

Annual top 10 ApeCoin friendly Shops in real life Award.

1. Why?

To encourage the usage of ApeCoin in real life.

1. How?

Ape holders can nominate(1 month) and vote(1 month).
Previous winners are not allowed to be nominated again.

Winners should promise to offer at least 5% discount for at least one year beside normal ongoing discount when pay in ApeCoin.

1. Cost.

$10k*10/year * 3 year =$300k ApeCoin.
10k ApeCoin bonus for each winner.
Let us test this for 3 years for now.
If Ok, it can be extended by vote then.

Edited based on comments and suggestions.

Proposals submitted to the AIP Ideas category can be vague, incomplete ideas. Topics submitted here are not required to be submitted as a formal AIP Draft Template, however, you may still use the template if you wish.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums bayc1484 and thanks for sharing your idea. Just a few initial thoughts:

1 - like the idea of incentivizing Apecoin use IRL
2 - not sure we need to ask shops for a discount, business owners will no doubt figure out their own loyalty programs, incentivization, etc

Also, can imagine the nominee list would be fun to look at for the first couple of months, but then the likelihood the same 10-20 shops keep showing up is pretty high, right?

a - how are you thinking of getting the word out to onboard retailers?
b - is there a certain demographic of store that this would work best for (ie; geographic, industry, local shop, chain retailers, etc?
c - what is the $100k for?
d - do you have experience in B2B sales or own a shop yourself?

Thanks again for taking the time to post your idea – if you’re serious about moving forward with this idea yourself, plenty of talented folks in the forums to help you ideate further.

SSP - Vote for Me

4 Likes

I think we need significantly more context to form an opinion on this AIP Idea. It’s so vague I’m not even sure if my assumptions around what you’re asking for, and why, is correct. :thinking:

If you’d like more complete feedback and opinions, please adjust your idea to fit the AIP Draft Template found here, as you will need to do so anyway before it is sent to Snapshot for a vote:

I’d also like to point out that your current idea has no end time for this initiative. I simply cannot support an AIP Idea asking for $100k / year in ApeCoin in perpetuity.

That said, I appreciate you for posting this initial idea. Please don’t allow criticism to discourage you from participating and bringing your ideas forward to the DAO. :slight_smile: Thank you!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @bayc1484,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Pearson

This topic was automatically closed after 16 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @bayc1484 for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @bayc1484 please see your messages for the next steps.

-Pearson

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-Pearson