AIP-141: Ape Accelerator By ApeCoin

Appreciate the support 0xSword! Look forward to continuing to support the ecosystem growth :muscle:t2:

10 Likes

Hi Mantis,

We really appreciate your feedback! Here are the thoughts on your questions:

1. First of all, thank you Mantis for highlighting this! We would be happy to refine the entry criteria based on a defined ApeCoin DAO voting process, however weā€™ve chosen these tiers based on the importance of a focus on $APE and the BAYC NFT ecosystem - with the lower tiers reserved for partner projects or non-ape project NFTs to avoid showing preference for any one collection over anotherā€™ or something similar.

2. Great question. AIPs are more generic and cover decisions for ecosystem fund allocation, brand decision, process, information that may not tie directly to the use and staking of $APE. While launchpad is aimed to bring the Ape community exclusive access to various web3 native projects before other communities.

3. Everyone has a fair opportunity to submit projects on Ape Accelerator. Team experience, product, tokenomics, business model sustainability, and utility are all important criteria for project evaluation. BAYC and MAYC long-standing holders would be considered higher credibility than non-BAYC/MAYC holders. It will be up to the DAO members to conduct due diligence and vote on which project to proceed forward.

8 Likes

Hello Forj, thank you for this!

I will have more feedback soon, but to start I just wanted to say I love that this is engaging ApeCoin stakers, adding more utility to the token. I always appreciate creative ways to build on top of existing infrastructure and this looks like a really cool lego piece on top of ā€œstAPE.ā€ (staked APE) :raised_hands:

9 Likes

I love this proposalā€¦if we can pull this off, the ApeCoin community and ecosystem will literally be unstoppable.

I would just add one more line item to section 1: Initiator, which would be something along the lines of:

ā€œProjects who are successfully accepted into the launch pad need to mint all future NFT sales in ApeCoin (until they launch their own governance / ecosystem token).ā€ - I donā€™t think itā€™s enough to give minters the ā€œoptionā€ but rather require ApeCoin as the medium of exchange in lieu of ETH for the projects that join the accelerator.

I think the more sinks for ApeCoin, the better and if the DAO / Ecosystem is getting behind a project, they should ā€œpay the ecosystem backā€ by utilizing ApeCoin for their mints.

Happy to hear thoughts & comments on this!

8 Likes

The same view as @Amplify . I liked the proposal, @Forj !
I will be voting for it. Thank you.

6 Likes

Hello, and thank you again!! :slight_smile:

I had some feedback I was hoping you could address.

Are you looking for suggestions on this? Personally, I really like what Snag Solutions and Thank Ape are proposing by routing the funds from marketplace revenue into other DAO initiatives.

See here

We have fairly good estimates of what kind of fees a Yuga marketplace might generate based off the existing marketplaces, but do we have any idea of what to expect from a launchpad? Iā€™m just wondering what % fee makes sense given the volume.

I also wanted to agree with @themetavince that we should keep all sales in APE only.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Easy to get behind this - looks like a great proposal.

5 Likes

Love what Harry and Forj are doing for the community, this gets my support.

6 Likes

Hi themetavince! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

The current plan requires launchpad projects to raise a % of funds both in $APE and stablecoin. This is designed to reduce the selling pressure of $APE after the launchpad sale, and lower market price volatility of $APE. Explanations as follows:

Reducing sale pressure: Projects conduct launchpads to raise funds to support their business operations, and owing to the volatility of $APE many projects will choose to immediately sell the raised $APE in a large volume which will increase further sell pressure. Allowing projects to raise both in stablecoins and $APE (fixed % of both) will allow them to immediately fund their operation through stablecoin and also provide an incentive to hold the % of $APE they received and further integrate into the APE Community. Asking projects to lock tokens/vest $APE is a potential solution but this can detract good quality projects who need liquidity to grow from wanting to participate in the launchpad.

Price volatility: Since the $APE price fluctuates daily, whenever there is a new launchpad sale the amount of $APE required for purchasing each project token/NFT on the sale date (which will have an indicative $ value assigned to it by the project) will vary. This means that if the $APE price drops by 10%, participants suddenly require 10% more $APE to purchase the NFT/Token on the day. Giving users the option of purchasing using $APE or stablecoin on the day will ensure a better user experience, and of course the $APE token entry requirement remains in place either way and itā€™s this that is the primary driver for healthy tokenomics.

In terms of what percentage of launchpad sales are raised using $APE, it will depend on the $APEā€™s performance which is primarily driven by its utility. As more projects are introduced to the APE ecosystem by Launchpad, $APE will have more use cases, not to mention upcoming launch of Otherside. We are looking to increase the ratio of using $APE to stablecoin, or $APE only for launchpad sales in the future, if $APE becomes the fundamental token with a stable price.

4 Likes

Hi Amplify,

Thank you for the feedback and sharing!

1. Regarding the use of collected $APE, we proposed 3 solutions, including burning, donation to charity, and sending to a separate DAO-controlled wallet. AIP-124 and the initiative proposed by zheerwagen are very interesting options. We are open to community feedback and may require an AIP to ensure the decisions are fully aligned with the desires of DAO!

2. Revenue generated from launchpad is commission based on the amount of funds raised by projects through the platform. For reference, the raised amount typically ranges from $100k to $1M. The industry standard commission ranges from 10%-17%.

3. Please check out the comments on ā€œall sales in APE onlyā€ above!

Cheers!

5 Likes

Hi @Forj,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Escape

5 Likes

Hi Escape,

Weā€™re happy with feedback received and excited to draft the AIP based on community feedback.

Thank you everyone again for all the feedback. We really appreciate it!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @Forj for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Forj please see your messages for the next steps.

-Escape

3 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Forj has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

2 Likes

Thanks Pearson for your help!

Forj Team

3 Likes

The finalized draft looks really good. I feel that Forj has done a great job collaborating and contributing to the community, both DAO & greater Yuga ecosystems. Looking forward to seeing how this helps grow projects like OthersideGangs & Mutant Cartel. I really like how it gives utility reward for staking. Very creative!

7 Likes

Thanks 0xSword! We updated IP Ecosystem Map of Yuga Labs this month an hour ago. Over the month I get to chat with many founders to find areas of value add. Itā€™s been four months we have been doing the research and we are proud to see the DAO is growing with the ecosystem altogether.

9 Likes

This all looks like exciting stuff. Great job @Forj and @Harry !

3 Likes