AIP-237: Ape Coin Price - Alexa Skill

Proposal Name: Ape Coin Price - Alexa Skill

Proposal Category: Brand Decision Proposal

Abstract:

I created an Alexa Skill that shares the price of ape coin and want to utilize the ape coin logo to make it an official Ape Coin Alexa skill with proper affiliation. The Ape Coin Alexa skill will serve as an additional tool for holders to receive price information.

Author Description:

Software engineer with over 7+ years of development experience.

Team Description:

Software engineers with backgrounds as full stack developers and smart contracts. We had created an AI that we also leveraged in an Alexa Skill that had over 100,000 monthly users before and helped us earn partners and won a CES Innovation award with our partners. Members of our team have minted bored apes and have been early into the NFT space.

Motivation:

Ape Coin Alexa skill aims to create another fun and easy way to access the price of ape coin. The Ape Coin Alexa skill hopes to serve the communities needs by enforcing price transparency and hopefully to ensure that Ape Coin is a relevant crypto coin.

Rationale:

Ape coin price Alexa skill serves to help the community receive real time Ape coin price through their Alexa. The skill can also help promote and introduce APE Dao to those who are not in the community yet while building trust for the adoption of APE . We aim to provide consistent and reliable information for all users to make their own responsible decisions.

Specifications:

Alexa Skills

Steps to Implement:

The skill is already developed and hosted. There would just be minor hosting fees if any and we will do our best to follow best practices hosting the applications. Our team has passed AWS Certification assessments.

If dex screener api lets us continue using it for queries, there is no further step for implementation. If they don’t let us, we’ll need to make and host our own endpoint that only queries dex one or two times per minute if there’s too much traffic. If we surpass the threshold and IP gets blocked or throttled, we can create and call our own API hosted on lambda instead of dex screener.

We would also like to ask for permission to use the Ape Coin logo on the Alexa Skill and add info about endorsement by ApeCoin DAO in the Skill’s description.

Timeline:

It is ready and finished already. Once our proposal is approved, we can update the logo and description of the Alexa skill right away. Any possible changes like creating our own API and hosting it will take less than a week’s time.

Link to enable the ape coin price skill: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWJKHSJ3?ref&ref=cm_sw_tw_r_as_dp_FIk0LR322YVuU

Overall Cost:

60 ApeCoin

2 Likes

Seems pretty reasonable. I am not an Alexa user but I can imagine it is something that I would use if I was. Given it is built I imagine it is just working up an AIP with a quote on the hosting fees and going through the drafting/review/voting process

4 Likes

This is great, all for it, thank you!

3 Likes

We can work on a Google Home Skill too

2 Likes

I love it - eventually some utility for my Alexa setup!

But seriously, think this is a good initiative and will be very good videos to put on socials.

6 Likes

Here’s the link to the Alexa Skill: Amazon.com: ape coin price : Alexa Skills

4 Likes

Hi @toromaxi,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

@Lost.Admin

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @toromaxi for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions].

A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @toromaxi please see your messages for the next steps.

Thank you,
@Lost.Admin

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@toromaxi has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

The AIP Draft submitted is currently incomplete and feedback has been provided to the author.

Thank you,

@Lost.Admin

2 Likes

@toromaxi has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

2 Likes

I don’t think this is worth pursuing. The Alexa product is not doing well and could face extinction as more useful technologies emerge (think ChatGPT).

Our team has reviewed and discussed @toromaxi’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-@Lost.Admin

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

@Lost.Admin