ApeClub is a social network for the Yuga community, which was launched only 2 weeks ago. In such a short period of time we have managed to attract over 250 BAYC holders, proving that our community is very strong and eager to integrate.
We’ve received many positive reviews and amazing feedback from community members, which encouraged us to double down on our efforts and request an ApeCoin DAO grant to accelerate our growth.
Our goal is to unite us, the entire Yuga holders community (BAYC, CryptoPunks, MAYC, BAKC, Otherdeed, ApeCoin), on one platform giving you the following value:
- New relationships through meeting fellow Apes in your area
- Feeling welcome in any country worldwide, by meeting Apes while you travel
- Create business relationships with other Apes across the world
- Easily organize and attend Ape events
- Promote projects you are working on and collaborate with other community members on their projects
We feel that our platform will perfectly complement The Otherside.
Our goal is to bring the entire Yuga Labs holders community together, both online and offline and help you, the holders, get maximum value from the NFTs/ApeCoin you hold. That value is the community behind the assets, and we aim to connect you with that community to create valuable friendships and business relationships.
Yuga’s asset holders are entrepreneurs, investors, artists, celebrities, scientists, and professionals from different sectors. Despite their assets and skills, they have limited tools to co-operate, thus decreasing their potential. ApeClub changes this situation and gives every holder maximum value from their membership in this elite Ape club.
There are currently up to 140,000 people waiting to be connected (BAYC, MAYC, BAKC, Otherdeed and ApeCoin holders).
Our platform benefits the APE Community in the following ways:
- Connecting all the members for new valuable relationships & collaborations
- Giving extra value from assets held - through the ability to showcase your business or initiative and find supporters within the community
- Makes it easier to organize events and as a result create new friendships within the community
- Shows strength of the community to the outside world, making it a lot more attractive for outside people to join the community, and resulting in growth of the ecosystem
As of today, our twin platforms are live: www.apeclub.ai for BAYC holders (soon also MAYC, BAKC, Otherdeed and ApeCoin) and www.punksclub.io for CryptoPunks. Just a few weeks after the launch, we have acquired more than 520 verified club members (including top key opinion leaders) and generated hundreds of thousands of impressions on our social media and websites.
The platforms are token gated, with manual onboarding available - ensuring security and exclusivity.
Both platforms are the result of many months of development and are fully functioning systems with key features being in production. All the development has been self funded. As of today, hundreds of users can enjoy such features as:
- a map with the location of community members
- list of events organized by community members
- a directory of projects set up by community members
- notification systems and custom bots on Telegram and Discord
- several registration options, fully secure, without the need to connect wallets (but, with holder verification)
- helpdesk with dedicated community managers who are available to users 24 hours a day
Our 11-person ApeClub team is led by two co-founders, web3 entrepreneurs with over 30 years of experience in the tech, security & media markets:
- VoyTech.eth - 27 years of tech experience, built a 2 million+ social network in 2004 with funding from Intel Capital. Built a software company Esvelo.com which built solutions for startups such as https://music.com. Big fan of crypto & NFTs since 2017, and focusing exclusively on the space now. Reach out: https://twitter.com/VoyTechEth
- Wizav.eth - Over 10 years of experience in business management and product development. Active entrepreneur and serial startups investor in space, fintech, IT, e-commerce. President of Esvelo.com and member of EBAN (European Business Angels Network). Reach out: https://twitter.com/wizaveth
STEPS TO IMPLEMENT
The APE Community grant will be used on further maintenance and building out additional functionalities of the platform:
- Right now the platform is BAYC only - we want to enable secure access for MAYC, BAKC, Otherdeed and ApeCoin holders.
- Enabling support for all Ape clubs and associations in collaboration with http://boredclub.org/
- In app activity feed - to make it easy to view all the updates related to community members, events and projects.
- Mobile app - so that every holder gets access to the platform on their mobile device, and receives notifications about events and fellow holders visiting his/her area.
- Chat functionality - so that we can make it easier to communicate between members - around events, location, projects, common interests or needs. This way community members don’t have to go to Discord or Telegram to connect but can do it on our platform. Due to token gating our solution will eliminate spam & scams which are so widespread on other platforms.
- Member directory - to promote Apes and their projects to the broader community. Planning to integrate with https://www.boredjobs.com/ to easily license your Ape IP.
- Authorising for mints and other web3 apps with your ApeClub account - ability to authorise without connecting your Ape holding wallet, by using your ApeClub account in conjunction with an industry standard wallet delegation solution.
On the business side of things we plan the following activities:
- Team expansion - we want to strengthen our product, mobile and community management teams to be able to sustain future growth.
- Holder acquisition - this is an ongoing process which our community team will continue daily.
- Monetisation & funding - we plan to apply for funding in various DAOs, and explore different means of monetisation such as membership fees, sponsorship opportunities.
- ApeClub World Tour - a series of several events in major cities worldwide promoting the platform and onboarding members.
Our estimate for implementing the above product goals are below. Features will be implemented subsequently within the deadlines listed next to the given feature:
- Access for MAYC, BAKC, Otherdeed and ApeCoin holders - 1 month.
- Enabling support for all Ape clubs and associations - 1 month.
- In app activity feed - 1 month.
- Mobile app - 2 months.
- Chat functionality - 2 months.
- Member directory - 1 month.
- Authorising for mints and other web3 apps with your ApeClub account - 2 months.
Our operations currently consume on average $88,000 per month. We would like to request funding for the next 9 months of operations at an increased burn rate of $125,000 per month in order to achieve our goals mentioned above.
This will give us the fuel needed to acquire & satisfy the needs of the Yuga holders community, and explore various means of monetisation to fund future development and maintenance.
So our grant request is $1,125,000.