APEcoin Calendar of "Events / Activities"

If I’m not wrong, someone has this idea already and building the calendar that focuses on Working Group 0’s timeline. From calls to twitter spaces and all.
I say it should be all around like also focusing on major events happening around ETH and NFT. Basically covering a wider horizon

4 Likes

Having a DAO Calendar of Events is a fantastic way to keep track of all the upcoming events and activities. Indeed @Vulkan is already working on a DAO-wide calendar, and @dar has started working on a public calendar.

I agree with @Evil including major events happening around ETH and NFT.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

5 Likes

This is a great idea and very needed! There’s a couple more people who’ve been working on them, @Brazy has been working on a calendar web app and @CEOofWeb3.0 has created a calendar as well.

9 Likes

Thanks for the Shoutout Adv, really appreciate it.

I also suggest at least unifying the databases for all these events if possible so we can prevent duplication of effort.

Here’s how you import those events →

For iOS :

1. Open Calendar

2. Click on calendars on the Bottom middle part of the screen

3. Select 'Add Calendar' -> Subscription Calender

4. Add in Airtable link and click Subscribe

5. Boom, That's all

Link → https://airtable.com/shrzEi5iHixfrkxyC/iCal?timeZone=Asia%2FCalcutta&userLocale=en-gb

Images for Reference :

Result :

For Android →

It’s a similar process, I’ll update after getting access to one

5 Likes

Yaassss. I think it would be dope if community events vs. our events could be added and just color coded so it’s clear that it’s community vs. DAO.

Maybe community members can submit for approval?

4 Likes

Ahhhhhh Yes, then it sounds like collabs would be great to combine the efforts. Thank you!

3 Likes

This looks so AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for sharing this!

2 Likes

Here’s a more comprehensive tutorial Mis

2 Likes

It would be nice to add functionality here. For example, note for yourself any events or set a reminder. It would be easier than manually transferring the event you like to your calendar.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, Russell! Unfortunately to do that, there’d have to be login and personalization, and that is a bit of effort that has been scaled back to see if there is traction in the idea.

Have you seen Anky’s solution? His solution has gone a lot further, and he’s got a much bigger scope at Tracking Events within the ApeVerse with A.C.T. (ApeCoin Tracker). Plus, I think his solution is getting a lot more traction. I encourage you to look at it, it might be able to solve your needs.

Thanks again!

3 Likes

I need to add that to my iphone callendar soon

2 Likes

Hey dar, Feel free to integrate this within your product. I don’t mind, on the contrary I’d love that.

Instead of managing separate databases for the same reason and duplicating our efforts, why don’t we use the same DB ?

That goes for everyone and anyone who wants to use this data for integrating this into their own implementation.

I’ll help you set the user facing side of your calendar if that’s something you might need.

Just send over a DM and we’ll sort out the details over a call :people_hugging:

I’ve sent you a fren req as Anky

3 Likes

Here : Tracking Events within the ApeVerse with A.C.T. (ApeCoin Tracker)

2 Likes

Thank you for the support buddy

2 Likes

Damn i totally needed that ty :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Loved the idea! We spoke about that yesterday in a call, it would be awesome to the community that doesn’t know much how to speak english, and they create their own event on the calendar to make a group call of their own country, so they can understand each other!

3 Likes

Had a chat with @Halina.eth and I’m working on the calendar aspect for coordinating regional ape community events (french apes, Chinese apes among others). Trying to figure out the best approach to make it a one click solution for the end user.

Would deploy a simple solution in the meantime :saluting_face:

The form which lets community members set up events is also complete and will be made available for anyone who wants to.

2 Likes

Thanks Anky! But after learning that @Vulkan and you are working on the calendars I’m happy to put a pin in my efforts because the problem appears to be well on its way to being solved. If I can help either of you let me know and I’ll do what I can to assist.

6 Likes

TEAMWORK BABY!!!
I love the common thread that can be even better with the individual “features” brought together.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.