AIP-281: ApeCoin DAO Prop House powered by ApeCoin - Small Grants Program Proof of Concept

Great its always nice to empower artists, devs, and content creators in the community.

3 Likes

Awesome idea! Can’t wait to see this happening :smiley:

2 Likes

All I know is we need a prop house of some kind, which encourages new ideas, and lets members get over the “fear” of submitting an official AIP.

4 Likes

It’s brilliant and has so much potential. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:I’d love to help out when it passes,

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @danlogi!

cc: @MisterHype

The use of funds is 100% up to the grant recipients - there are no specific requirements beyond the proposals fitting into the funding rounds as structured.

As the DAO will be voting on proposals, it will make a determination on what proposals get funded and it will be up to the grant recipients to deliver what they have promised.

For grant recipients it’s an easy way to either demonstrate your ability to the DAO by delivering, or break the social contract you’ve established with the DAO and deal with the repercussions of not delivering.

At the end of the day this is an inexpensive pilot program to empower creators and builders in our ecosystem and begin gathering data on the effects a small grants program would have on ApeCoin DAO. Thank you,

BT

9 Likes

Love this concept so much and hope it passes! I’m in favor of giving builders more avenues to build with and enter the ApeCoin ecosystem, especially since there are so precious few at the moment.

Appreciate you taking the time to publish this proposal as a winner of the Thank Ape AIP Idea-a-thon!!

-Halina.eth :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

Hello Atareh.eth and fellow ApeCoin DAO members,

I am a new member of our community and a software engineer by trade. I’m thrilled to be part of this and have found the proposals on the DAO to be truly motivating.

I understand from personal experience that transitioning from traditional web2.0 employment to this innovative platform can be financially challenging, especially in the early stages. Community support, both financial and otherwise, is often a lifeline during these times.

I am enthusiastic about contributing to initiatives that foster engagement within the $APE ecosystem. Despite being new, the warm welcome I’ve received has been remarkable, and I’m eager to further enhance this supportive environment.

I’m particularly interested in exploring ways to streamline $APE integration into our community projects. If anyone has recommendations for relevant resources, they would be most welcome.

Thank you for considering my thoughts. I’m excited to witness the progress of the ongoing proposal.

1 Like

Do share more about your project so that we all can get a better idea about it.

Hi @atareh.eth,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

@Lost.Admin

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@atareh.eth has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

4 Likes

I’m truly excited about the possibilities this proposal brings to our community. It demonstrates our commitment to embracing experimentation and welcomes the bold and the new. By supporting the expression of web3 culture through art, gaming, entertainment, and events, we can contribute to the growth and development of the metaverse.

2 Likes

Good luck team and LFG!

3 Likes

Our team has reviewed and discussed @atareh.eth’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

3 Likes

I really like this idea, as it will assist many creatives to go from 0 to 1 before attempting to go from 1 to infinity.

One marketing / branding consideration:

Since there are other Prop Houses out there, you may want to brand/title this as the “ApeCoin MVP Program” or “ApeCoin MVP House,” playing off the double entendre & definition of “MVP” as “minimum viable product” (in the tech industry).

Would love to see a “call for artists & entrpreneurs” campaign to generate excitement around this as well.

Looking forward to following along. :handshake:

3 Likes

@atareh.eth has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

We have sent a list of follow up questions to the author.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

@atareh.eth has requested to withdraw their application. This AIP will be moved to and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

Kind Regards,

@Facilitators