AIP-66: ApeCoin Newsletter - Ecosystem Fund Allocation

Had the same problem.

Love the idea in general, but I would support with double efforts a newsletter that will promote explanations of proposals, education on how to vote and make proposals, also to motivate participation in decision making. We have just enormous opportunities, but the activity is very low.

5 Likes

Agree. Activity needs to be elevated. This way could be helpful

3 Likes

would be great to have someone just focused on time-sensitive AIP only for the newsletter. Perhaps it could eventually be it’s own sub-newsletter along side the normal bi-weekly.

4 Likes

Really like this idea. I like the additional wallet connect, maybe for token gated access to exclusive deals/content/access/wl for ApeCoin holders. We make it free and welcome anyone who wants to learn. We can automate a lot of the onboarding welcome emails and some of the flows that help teach others about our ecosystem. Tons of things we can do while keeping it simple. Down to collab on this.

6 Likes

would also be cool to have a section in the newsletter that includes the best posts, ideas, and accomplishments from Apecoin community members from the past couple of weeks. Kind of like a “kudos” section where we can highlight the cool things members are working on

Here is a quick summary of what has been mentioned in this thread so far:

-Apecoin news (from Twitter, Discord, Discourse, etc.)
-Explanations/analysis on each proposal
-Best posts/accomplishments from community members from past couple of weeks
-Education on things like how to vote and make proposals (link to those threads we have in here)
-Motivate Participation

5 Likes

Hi @bc,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

- river

1 Like

I am happy with the feedback received and will submit a draft once the topic is closed

3 Likes

Just a quick thought – any inkling to connect with BoredApeGazette?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

yep, Bored Ape Gazette: Ape Coin Media/ BAYC News

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@bc has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

- river

2 Likes

Our team has reviewed and discussed @bc 's AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-moonkt

@bc has responded to our questions and they are in our review.

Kind Regards,

-moonkt

We have no further questions for @bc . This AIP is now in the AIP Moderation phase.

Kind Regards,

-moonkt

How can we begin with this?

The clear writing, kind communication that improves the perception and understanding of the entire eco-system and updates that help people who simple need a TLDR is something that requires continuous research and a clear understanding of the vision.

I’d love to see if this can be a fit.
-Neo

2 Likes

Yeah, I totally agree. This is an awesome idea. Currently there are a few people to follow like @Vulkan 's medium articles, Bored Ape Gazette, and some random twitter users like myself.

I really like that this proposal offers grants for 3 newsletters. It allows for different opinions to be shared & supported. Gazette generally offers unbiased coverage, while Vulkan gives his “verdict” on proposal ideas, and myself I’m focused on the gaming side of things.

Especially if these newsletter can link to each other, even debate over things, I think it’s a really positive step forward for the DAO to spread awareness. I’d like to see this AIP get passed!

4 Likes

This proposal is live for vote on Snapshot tonight at 9:00 PM EST. The voting period will close next Wednesday at 9PM ET.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimise for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

- river

The voting period has closed for this proposal and it has been accepted with a 66.38% pass rate. The proposal will be passed on for implementation.

Follow this proposal under the AIP Transparency and Execution Category. A new post has been created here, Implementation Update | AIP-66: ApeCoin Newsletter, and further updates will be posted.

- river

7 Likes