BAYC / MAYC Collectible Trading Card Game

I would love to put together a BAYC / MAYC collectible trading card game. I think that in addition to creating physicals that all BAYC/MAYC owners would love, this could be very profitable for the DAO and allow us to reach a wider audience. I am really not sure the logistics of IP rights but I don’t want to claim anything from people I just think it would be really cool to have a collectible trading card game for BAYC/MAYC, and I think that this would help us branch into a wider audience of web2 collectible enthusiasts.

I only recently purchased my MAYC after staring at them for a year and flipping up to one from other Yuga assets, my main is grimyfrankie.eth. I also just came up with this idea like 30 mins ago. I am new to AIPs, but I have years of experience running a trading card business online storefront and trading operation. I understand the mechanics of how to design and manufacture a collectible card game that not only satisfies aesthetic desires but also is built with editions designed to increase the value of the cards over time, like vintage Pokémon.

I don’t know much about how to propose this sort of project, but I am not seeking much money, probably just the bare minimum to have a first set of these things printed and then decide whether to expand with the community from there etc. Imagine if they would sell BAYC/MAYC booster packs at target or card shops or something.

Thanks for listening. What do you think?

Proposals submitted to the AIP Ideas category can be vague, incomplete ideas. Topics submitted here are not required to be submitted as a formal AIP Draft Template, however, you may still use the template if you wish.

4 Likes

Welcome, and thanks of posting an idea.

There’s been collectible card projects already. Scan through past AIPs to read those and the comments.

The DAO can’t / won’t accept profits or ownership of anything, and I’m not clear how your idea would benefit the DAO. ApeCoin DAO is not Yuga/BAYC/etc., and the more it does to prop up those assets specifically the tougher it gets from a legal standpoint to claim that separation from Yuga is a fact.

Suggest getting up to speed on the DAO and perhaps honing your idea.

5 Likes

Hi @Grimyfrankie,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Amplify

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @Grimyfrankie for your ideas. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Grimyfrankie please see your messages for the next steps.

-Amplify

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been Withdrawn based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-Amplify