AIP-196: BORED AIP: Bringing Order and Reliability via Ecosystem Decentralization

I get all of these things. Thanks for putting them in a list here, but it doesn’t get past my main concern:

Why do you determine that current SC are the folks most likely to know how to run an effective RFP process? I haven’t heard anyone, current SC or candidate, speak on RFPs whatsoever in their public statements.

I’ve also noted that many of the DAO’s documents, when referring to Cartan’s responsibilities, simply reword Cayman law. There’s nothing that requires a super high IQ or unique specialty to understand here — just the ability and willingness to research.

WGv0 will move through a process of first deciding which responsibilities to delegate to the Working Groups, then decide on an RFP process based on the responsibilities that will remain with the administrator.

There’s also the issue of creating/empowering a Supervisory group if this is not already in place. No SC sitting or candidate has spoken to my concern of whether the DAO is an orphan or member group and whether those members can populate the Supervisor position that oversees the Board.

Another concern: I care less about ASAP than getting it right.
Another concern: Limiting the appointees to TL3 but then opening up elections to a wider group of less involved people. That seems more a virtue signal to decentralization than a genuine attempt at best structure — and an excuse to dismiss those people’s opinions once in place even though they constitute a numerical majority. If appointees are taken from TL3, then TL3 is the only group that should participate in WGv0 as responsible stewards. That’s assuming people want to keep the appointee as an actual thing, which I oppose vehemently after thinking this through.

I trust the election process. It has already done two things I thought would not be done: 1. remove Cartan from the admin position and 2. elect candidates with lesser reach over influencers with more. THAT is what I trust. Just like SC candidates had to show their organizational skills during their election process, so too should all 7 WGv0 earn their spots by showing their commitment and knowledge of the RFP process to everyone.

1 Like