AIP-265: 2/3 "Supermajority" Requirement to Alter Fundamental Tenets of ApeCoin DAO and its Operations

@0xSword Thank you.

When I posted this, I expected crickets and that’d be that.

Instead we have quite the opposite, and a variety of worthwhile ideas and avenues to explore in addition to - or instead of - changing pass / fail threshold for some or all types of votes.

Even if this were to go to an AIP Draft tomorrow it’d take awhile awhile before being up for vote.

As-is I expect to keep this discussion open as long as comments are coming in, then figuring out what different ideas are in evidence and how to best present those. Some may best be served by research or input / collab from the Governance WG0.

It’ll take awhile, and maybe I’m not even the one to lead it but so far so good.

Maybe the simplest thing that could proceed to AIP for the time being - on which there seems to be no opposition - is the idea of a higher pass / fail threshold for votes that change or add to fundamental tenets or operations of the DAO.

We’d just need to define that. Is there an existing list of “fundamental” tenets, operating procedures and values? I’d include the Mission Statement in that.

Thoughts anyone?

2 Likes