DAO Board Composition: should the board have an independent board member? How many?

what are your thoughts on how would you enforce said code of ethics?

@jeffalomaniac,

I think that if a complaint is levied about ethics, then the board will need to vote on whether such (as it was instituted in by laws), was indeed violated based on evidence provided in the complaint, weight against any responsive evidence provided by the defendant. Then a conclusion can be drawn(from a board vote) and a awarded remedy be instituted. Just like it would be in a corporate setting, in terms of violation of a corporate code or rules of the road.

1 Like

Just leaves a lot open to interpretation. We are about changing the normal routine. Standard rules don’t apply. We obviously will have to navigate the web2 world in some ways but these issues will be DAO issues for sure. (IMHO)

I assume that some of our community members have executive and BoD experience. I personally chair the board of the company I run. So I wouldn’t assume that the VC represented board are the only capable community members available. Whoever sits on the board should be qualified. But I suspect we have options when it comes to qualified board members.

I personally would like to see a board member that is actually active in this discourse and works to discuss regularly with their constituents.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.