@David_Crypto - Metaverse WG Nomination 01/2024

Personal Information

Discourse ID: @David_Crypto

Twitter: https://twitter.com/David_MetaWorld

Educational Background: University of Leeds, International Marketing Management (Master)

Professional Background:

Initial founder of Chinese Ape Club (2022 - Present) Partner of Creek Labs (2023 - Present) Co-founder of DC incubator (2016 - 2022)

Nomination Statement

Concise statement on why you are running for the Metaverse Working Group

Hey, Ape fam! I’m David_Crypto, the initial founder of the Chinese Ape Club (https://twitter.com/Chinese_ApeClub) and a partner at Creek Labs, a Web3 VC based in Asia.

Our Apecoin DAO is currently facing significant challenges, ranging from governance dilemmas to a lack of practical applications for Apecoin. We urgently need a fresh approach to revitalize Apecoin. Our vision is for Apecoin to evolve beyond being just a DAO Coin and transform into a utility coin. A key strategic initiative is to drive the adoption of $APE in metaverses. Drawing on my extensive experience in community building, project networking, and project incubation, I am confident in contributing to Apecoin’s realization of its metaverse strategy.

Building a Metaverse Community for Apecoin DAO

Community is paramount. To propel Apecoin DAO’s development towards the metaverse, establishing an open, free, and transparent community is crucial. As a dedicated member of the Bored Ape Yacht Club and the founder of the Chinese Ape Club, I’ve nurtured the club’s user base from 0 to 500+ in the past two years. I’ve orchestrated eight events in various locations, including Malaysia, Japan, Taiwan, mainland China, and Hong Kong. I had the honor of being a collaborating community for this year’s Apefest, where we hosted a successful happy hour event. Additionally, I am an early builder and user on metaverse platforms like Decentraland and Sandbox. Leveraging my experience in community building and development, I can assist Apecoin DAO in swiftly establishing its Metaverse community.

Beyond Otherside

Promoting Apecoin’s application in Otherside and the broader metaverse ecosystem is pivotal. It’s clear that, in the foreseeable future, our efforts should focus on making Apecoin widely utilized in Otherside to unlock its full potential. Simultaneously, Apecoin should foster an open ecosystem, enabling more metaverse platforms and projects to embrace and adopt it. I am confident that my global VC resource network and project resource network will contribute significantly to the widespread adoption of Apecoin, fostering openness and development in the Apecoin DAO ecosystem.

Being a Good Steward

Creating a nurturing environment for builders, creators, and developers within Apecoin DAO is fundamental for promoting Apecoin’s application and development in the metaverse. With a background as a former partner at a Web2 startup incubator and currently running a Web3 incubator, I have incubated and supported over 100+ startup projects in the past seven years. This experience has given me profound insights into how to support and serve developers and builders within an ecosystem.

I will elaborate in the following profile section why I am the best candidate for the Metaverse Working Group Steward.

Motivation

Details on your motivation for becoming a Metaverse Working Group Steward

Passion serves as the most powerful motivation, unequivocally. My profound passion for the Bored Ape Yacht Club and Apecoin culture has been the driving force behind my actions. Over the past nearly two years, I’ve taken the initiative to organize more than 8 offline events, fostering unity among Ape holders and advocating Ape culture. Every effort I’ve made is rooted in love and voluntary commitment. To date, I’ve personally funded these activities. During this year’s Apefest, I orchestrated two events, the Cosplay Party and Happy Hour in Aqua, bringing together over 500 Apes, and both events received official support from the Bored Ape Yacht Club.

As a builder and leader in the Bored Ape Yacht Club community, I’ve observed the challenges that Apecoin DAO is confronting. Despite some past grievances, I’ve made the conscious decision to join and address these issues. I firmly believe that successfully developing Apecoin in the metaverse will enable it to overcome its current challenges. My goal is to actively engage more BAYC/MAYC/BAKC holders in the metaverse development of Apecoin DAO.

Being an Apecoin holder and a community member, I aspire for Apecoin to emerge as the leading coin in the metaverse. Leveraging my expertise in community building, I am confident in swiftly establishing an open, free, and transparent metaverse community for Apecoin DAO.

I intend to integrate my experience in DAO participation and management, along with my background in investment incubation, into Apecoin DAO. I aim to assist Apecoin in establishing early metaverse user and developer communities, contribute to constructing a robust metaverse infrastructure, and support additional AIPs that contribute to the practical implementation of the metaverse.

As a devoted believer and early supporter of the metaverse, I envision Apecoin creating an open metaverse ecosystem in the near future, facilitating the entry of more Web2 users into Apecoin DAO.

Rationale

Share relevant experience and skills that will bring value to the ApeCoin community

In 2022, I founded the Chinese Ape Club (https://twitter.com/Chinese_ApeClub), currently one of the largest Ape clubs within the Chinese-speaking community. Over the past two years, I have nurtured the community from its inception to over 500 members, organizing more than 10 offline events across various Asian regions (including Hong Kong, mainland China, Taiwan, Malaysia, etc.). With established partnerships in most Asian regions, I possess expertise in effectively building communities and fostering culture. I am confident that I can leverage this experience to contribute to the construction of a Metaverse community within Apecoin DAO.

Currently, I serve as a partner at a Web3 VC and manage a Web3 incubator. My resources and expertise in investment incubation position me to assist Apecoin in identifying talented builders and developers during the early stages of metaverse development. This will play a pivotal role in facilitating Apecoin’s mass adoption, and I am committed to providing professional insights to support the implementation of various metaverse AIPs.

Previously, I held a partnership role in a startup incubator within the Web2 space, where I successfully incubated over 100+ projects. This experience has equipped me with a profound understanding of how to support and assist developers, builders, and founders, creating an environment conducive to their success through excellent infrastructure and services.

With a background in finance and marketing, I bring a diverse skill set aimed at maximizing the impact of every Apecoin. Holding financial licenses in various regions and countries, having undergone professional CFA training, and working in traditional VC and financial advisory institutions, my financial and business acumen will aid Apecoin DAO in effectively managing budgets in the metaverse and achieving positive outcomes. I pursued an International Marketing Master’s degree at the University of Leeds, participating in marketing case planning for multinational companies. Additionally, I served as a marketing consultant for several Web3 projects, assisting them in implementing international marketing strategies. I am confident that my professional knowledge in marketing will play a pivotal role in assisting Apecoin in building its brand and establishing a global presence in the metaverse.

Specifications

Further describe relevant experience, including crypto and governance participation, and/or ideas for DAO improvement

CAC DAO:

I bring extensive experience to the DAO landscape, participating not only in the Apecoin DAO but also as the founder of CAC DAO. CAC DAO, a non-profit organization, serves as the central entity responsible for the operation and development of the Chinese Ape Club. Over the past two years, CAC DAO has organized more than 10 APE events and collaborated with numerous well-known Web2 brands for APE partnerships, such as the Swiss watch brand Mrisstime and the Web3 fashion brand Xcart. The vision of CAC DAO is to spread Ape culture and involve more individuals in the APE ecosystem. Additionally, I contribute to Builder DAO and several other DAOs, understanding how to engage and operate within a DAO organization. I am confident in my ability to collaborate effectively with the current stewards of Apecoin DAO.

An Early Builder, User, and Investor in the Metaverse:

I am an avid enthusiast of the metaverse, evident from my Twitter and Telegram handle (@david_metaworld). As an early user, builder, and investor in Decentraland and Sandbox, I am also a steadfast fan of Otherside. I firmly believe that the metaverse is the central development direction for the next decade. Having engaged with the metaverse five years ago, my passion for it, coupled with my willingness to contribute to its construction, is the primary reason for my candidacy as the Metaverse Working Group Steward.

Some Plans about Apecoin DAO Metaverse development

Building a Global Apecoin DAO Metaverse Community: Creating a globally integrated Metaverse community for Apecoin DAO is vital for long-term growth, given the foundational strength of communities. Leveraging my proven success in community building, I will aid Apecoin DAO in establishing a worldwide Metaverse community, encouraging broader participation in the ecosystem.

Creating a Hub for Creators, Builders, and Developers: At the heart of metaverse development lie the developers. I will contribute to the establishment of a developer hub within Apecoin DAO, providing them with essential infrastructure services.

Promoting $APE Adoption in Otherside and Beyond: The widespread adoption of Apecoin represents an opportunity to overcome current challenges. Using my investment and project network, I aim to attract more projects and metaverse platforms to adopt $APE.

Assisting in Formulating DAO Strategies for Metaverse Development: This encompasses various strategies, including community development, grant programs, financial budgets, and more.

Facilitating Otherside Content Development and Driving ODK Infrastructure Implementation: Given the integral role of ODK in Otherside, establishing robust ODK infrastructure is crucial for the widespread adoption of Apecoin. I will contribute to Otherside’s content development and promote the large-scale adoption of ODK.

Building Collaborations Between Otherside, Apecoin DAO, and External Entities: Facilitating partnerships with external projects, opening up the future metaverse development ecosystem for Apecoin DAO, and enabling more external projects to enter Otherside.

Promoting Metaverse Game Development Within the Apecoin DAO Community: Encouraging active participation of Apecoin DAO community members in the development and construction of metaverse games. Establishing a positive mechanism to reward members contributing to metaverse development

Addressing the Information Gap Between NFT Communities and Apecoin DAO: Recognizing the information gap between Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC/MAYC/BAKC) members and Apecoin DAO is crucial. Promoting active participation in Apecoin DAO, especially in Metaverse development, and creating effective engagement mechanisms will foster mutual growth between NFT and Apecoin communities.

Concluding Statement

Summarize your statement as to why you are the best choice for the Metaverse Working Group

I have a profound love for Ape culture and am willing to dedicate all my efforts to it. I aspire to witness a new chapter for Apecoin DAO and the resurgence of $Ape to its zenith. Recognizing the pivotal role of Metaverse development for Apecoin, I am compelled to join and actively contribute to its evolution.

I am confident that I am the optimal choice for the role of Metaverse Working Group Steward. My diverse experience in community building, DAO management, investment incubation, and expertise in financial marketing positions me to holistically propel Apecoin DAO in its Metaverse endeavors. Furthermore, driven by my passion and unwavering belief in the metaverse, I am ready to invest my enthusiasm and love to actively participate and witness the growth of Apecoin DAO in the metaverse. I firmly believe that Apecoin will emerge as a leading token in the metaverse in the coming years.

If granted the opportunity to serve as the Metaverse Working Group Steward, I commit to dedicating as much time as possible to craft the Apecoin DAO Metaverse Roadmap. Additionally, I will continue to excel in promoting Ape culture and attentively listen to the ideas and suggestions of Apecoin community builders and members, collectively steering Apecoin DAO into a new phase.

For any inquiries or interests regarding my nomination profile, please feel free to reach out to me through Twitter (@David_metaworld) or Telegram (@David_metaworld).

Thanks to every dedicated Ape fam member who has thoroughly read my profile. I hope to earn your support!

8 Likes

Hey David_Crypto, what would be your main objectives that you would focus on in the Metaverse working group?

Hey Frostyz, I will focus on these points:

1. Ensure widespread metaverse adoption of ApeCoin and restore it to its zenith.
  2. Amplify the voice of the Ape (BAYC/MAYC) community within ApeCoin DAO and foster unity across the communities.
  3. Provide exceptional service to facilitate the active participation of every builder and developer in ApeCoin’s metaverse development.
5 Likes

Great to see you join the forum. Looking forward to connecting to chat either online or in person.

Also I can attest that the CAC is a chatty bunch of 500 fully qualified degens on wechat in Chinese. The more the token is expanded the more they will get interested.

3 Likes

David,

Thank you for helping build the East West bridges.

Many here know that Japan is one of my countries of residence.

Mocaverse really opened my eyes to the HK and Chinese scene though.

Meeting team, Jason Au and others made many of us fall in love with the Chinese community.

As Mocaverse exploded so did interest in Asia.

Hoping we get more diversity like this and looking to people like yourself to assist in that.

I want to express my heartfelt support for your candidacy as a Metaverse Working Group Steward.

Wishing you the best of luck in this endeavor!

Best regards, G

Congratulations, and I am excited about your run! can’t wait to learn more about you!

1 Like

Thanks Bigbull for connecting with me. :slight_smile: Yes let’s working together for our DAO future

Hey G_is_us,

Thanks for your support. Yes, definitely! We should work together to bridge the culture and do our best for the community.

Looking forward to working with you in the future

1 Like

Thanks Popil for your support. Im also excited to work with you in the future :slight_smile:

David is a dedicated contributor to our ecosystem! I have had the pleasure of getting to know him through his work with the Chinese Ape Club. Building for a global community is important and I have no doubt David would be terrific in developing this WG. All the best!

1 Like

I saw David at the SpefestHK, who dedicated his efforts to the event. The success of this event has made me see that our community needs devotees like him. I will vote for him!

1 Like