@Degentraland - Nomination 1/2022

Personal Information

Discourse ID: @Degentraland

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Degentraland

Name: Matt Solomon

Country of Residence: United States of America

Educational Background: University of Pennsylvania (BA, 2014-2018)

Professional Background:
Metaverse Strategy - Horizen Labs (2022 - Present)
Strategy and Business Development - Sony Music (2020-2022)
Investment Banking - Goldman Sachs (2018-2019)

Nomination Statement

I intend to act as liaison between Horizen Labs — the company behind ApeCoin’s tokenization and staking — and the ApeCoin community. Improved communication, efficiency, and transparency will be top priorities.
Additionally, I want ApeCoin to evolve beyond the Otherside and become the dominant currency of the metaverse. I plan to support long-term growth initiatives focused on expanding ApeCoin’s metaverse presence.

Motivation

My motivation is to ensure the long-term viability of ApeCoin. This involves focusing on 1) high-growth initiatives, 2) metaverse investments, and 3) community empowerment.
First, long-term growth is essential for ecosystem sustainability. This should take the form of (i) infrastructure development, (ii) onboarding key partners, and (iii) optimizing DAO operations.
Second, the metaverse will play an increasingly important role in the ApeCoin ecosystem. We must position ApeCoin as the future currency of virtual worlds. We need to prioritize (i) strategic accelerators, (ii) creator programs, and (iii) developer education.
Finally, the success of any DAO can be traced back to the strength of its community. ApeCoin DAO should provide its members with the tools necessary to create unlimited value. We should concentrate on (i) increased participation, (ii) greater accountability, and (iii) sub-community empowerment.
What infrastructure will drive mass adoption? Which key partners and stakeholders will propel the ecosystem forward? How can we leverage the wide-ranging expertise of the community to scale brand? I hope to tackle these questions and many more on the Special Council.

Rationale

I was recently hired to lead Otherside Strategy at Horizen Labs. The role includes: 1) overseeing the company’s portfolio of metaverse assets (500+ Otherdeeds and 50+ Kodas), 2) managing the company’s large-scale metaverse partnerships (including AAA games, global brands, and NFT communities), and 3) developing core infrastructure to help onboard millions of users.
Prior to joining Horizen Labs, I was an Investment Banking Analyst at Goldman Sachs and Strategy and Business Development Associate at Sony Music. My responsibilities included supporting Goldman’s Liability Management business and Sony’s Web3 / metaverse partnerships.
If voted onto the Special Council, I would support the most scalable proposals, empower every creative voice, and stay true to the ethos of decentralization. My professional career in finance, entertainment, and Web3 as well as my experience within the BAYC community would help achieve these goals.

Specifications

In addition to leading Metaverse Strategy, I support Horizen Labs’ tokenization, DAO, and NFT businesses. I have worked with some of the largest Web3 protocols, metaverse platforms, and Web2 companies to structure efficient and sustainable DAOs.
I began my Web3 career as a core member of Decentraland’s DAO and have since been involved in ENS, Doodles, and ApeCoin. I hope to leverage the strengths of these DAOs and learn from their mistakes to fine-tune ApeCoin’s operations.

Concluding Statement

The ApeCoin DAO should strive for mainstream adoption without compromising the unique culture of its community. I’ve been one of the most active and supportive members of the BAYC ecosystem — both in a professional and personal capacity. I intend to bring that same passion to the Special Council.
My intimate knowledge of and relationship with ApeCoin’s main partners — including Yuga Labs, Horizen Labs, Animoca, and Improbable — coupled with my devotion towards decentralization and the open metaverse make me an ideal candidate.
Please reach out to @Degentraland on Twitter with any questions. I look forward to building with all of you.

10 Likes

Love to see it! Really excited to see the synergy between Horizen and apecoin going forward as well!

3 Likes

It is stated that you were recently hired at Horizen labs and work there full time. How many hours per week and month are you planning to devote to the DAO? Which will be prioritized?

3 Likes

A well-known ape who I really enjoy listening to on spaces, twitter etc, I know you are passionate about the ape community, you accept things are not all roses and regularly talk about the uncomfortable situations and issues within the wider nft/crypto space - I like that and get nothing but the impression of a very real and honest person who would add value to a hopefully varied and mixed ape council - GL fam hope you get a spot!

2 Likes

Hi @Degentraland, I am asking all candidates these same questions:

1. If elected, what is the one item you feel passionate about and would like to see accomplished during your tenure within the DAO? (Let’s pretend you only had the time and energy to make a personal push for one item - what would it be?)

2. Are there any factors in your life that may limit your ability to serve? (conflicts of interest, time allocation, limited wifi bc you work from Starbucks… etc)

3. What is your least favorite thing right now with our DAO in it’s current state?

4. What is a Koda?

Thank you,
F/S

2 Likes

I typically work 80-90hr weeks. Would allocate 50% of that to Council.

2 Likes

Really appreciate it. I’m super passionate. And just as important… qualified.

Let me know if you ever want to catch up.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Congrats @Degentraland on being in the top 5!!!

4 Likes

I will be asking all potential administrators same questions:
Please define and specify very technical:

1. Your administrative and handling big paperwork experience

2. Your typing test speed in english and other languages

3. Languages spoken

4. Countries lived at and embracing the culture

5. Technical and data + devises security certifications

6. How will you balance your work time with private while 40H being an admin here

7. Do you have conflict of interests?

8. Education

9. After all this amazing background that you have -why would you like to be just an admin? will you leave your current job and projects?

Thank you

2 Likes