AIP-167: Diversity foundation: females' mentorship platform & web3 onboarding w $APE

METAWOMEN FOUNDATION

Executive Summary

We’re looking to attract more womxn to the web3 and blockchain industry by establishing partnerships with key stakeholders, developing educational programs and mentorship opportunities, addressing systemic barriers and biases, and promoting the achievements and contributions of women in the industry.

We’re planning to move in measurable, short iterations with clear objectives and the most immediate impact.

The first step and the nature of our proposal is launching a mentorship platform that combines the best features of a traditional mentorship marketplace with the power and potential of web3 technologies (and follow it with press events.) The platform will provide a space for mentors and mentees to connect and collaborate, with a range of features and tools to support their work together. In addition to traditional mentorship activities, the platform will also include web3 meta space for conducting tasks related to onboarding mentees into the web3 ecosystem. This will include resources and guides for learning about web3 technologies, as well as opportunities for mentees to connect with industry experts and gain practical experience working on web3 projects.

Background Information on the Team

Our team is made up of experienced professionals from the web3 and blockchain industry, with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion. We have a range of skills and expertise, including web3 development, business strategy, marketing, communications, and community building. We have a track record of building successful projects and initiatives in the industry, and are committed to creating a more inclusive and supportive environment for women in web3 and blockchain technology.

Valeriia Panina, core, BD

Valeriia is an invited expert at the Ministry of Digital Transformation blockchain office, launching a nationwide blockchain educational product. Launched Metahistory.gallery, the first gov-level NFT museum that raised ~900 eth for charity. Mentor and curator at Creative and Tech Institute PRJCTR, female founder and Techstars alumn, ex-product owner of an online school for editors and designers for 1000+ students.

Vladimir Karyshev, core, Partners

Vladimir is CBDO & co-founder of Global Ledger protocol. This blockchain forensic startup allows banks, fintech companies, crypto startups to follow obligatory AML/CTF compliance rules for crypto assets. Regulators and Law Enforcement can utilize GL technologies to supervise financial institutions according to FATF guidelines and perform cybercrime investigations.

Olga Vox, core, Communications

Olga is a Communications and Business executive with 10 years of track record in Web2 and Web3, VP @ Defiance Media, and Ex-CMO Swissborg. A founding member of the Swiss Blockchain Association, ex-Blockchain Consultant for the United Nations, World Economic Forum, and the EU Parliament. Created value for communities and investors resulting in $500MM in funding, and over $2 billion in enterprise value.

Mike Yezhov, CTO

Mike is the founder of Zpoken, a full-stack Web3 development organization that has shipped over 50 projects and supported over 10 different chains. With a team of 30 active builders, Zpoken has brought in over $1.5 billion in total value locked in their shipped products. Specializing in building DAOs, smart contracts, DApps, and ZK technologies, Zpoken helps accelerate development and adoption for various Web3 projects. Some of the notable projects that Zpoken has worked on include NEON EVM, Sommelier Finance, and the Meta History Museum of War. Currently, Zpoken is working with a variety of blockchain platforms including Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, Optimism, and more.

Product Detail

We have a range of amazing individuals that agreed to be our mentors.

They are (not an exhaustive list – below are only those people who gave their agreement to be announced before the launch):

• Halina.eth @ MAYC, the APE Coin DAO

• Adventurous ape (Megan) @ BAYC, the APE Coin DAO

• Brittany Kaiser @ Own Your Data

• Jocelyn Weber Phipps, head @ Berkley RDI and Xcelerator

• Alona Shevchenko, co-founder @ Ukraine DAO

• Sergii Grybniak @ Waterfall, regional leader of IEEE

• Lynn, partner @ BIXIN Ventures

• Julia Su @ New Tribe Capital

• Anastasia Drinevskaya, CEO @ Cointelegraph Comms

• Anna Shakola, CBDO @ Cointelegraph

• Aury Cifuentes @ Plug and Play

• Dina Universe, founder @ DiVerge

• Denis Belkevich @ Fuelarts & Christie’s

• Lana Ivina, Application Engineer @ Parity

• Max Infeld, PROduct @ Alien Worlds

• Solene Feuillu, BD & Growth @ SKALE

Technical Detail

Our mentorship platform will be built on top of both web2 and web3 technologies.

For the web2 part, we have an agreement to reuse an existing framework of an organization that Valeriia’s been mentoring during last year and this will save us finances and time, compared to building it from scratch.

Sample UI

For the web3 part, we already have a web3 meta space for conducting tasks related to onboarding mentees into the web3 ecosystem, including quizzes, interactions with Ethereum-based NFTs (exhibiting, bidding, buying, etc), 1:1 talks, public talks, and more. Valeriia used this platform for Metahistory.gallery auctions.

You can check out the platform here: Party Space

Roadmap

Our roadmap for the mentorship platform includes the following key milestones:

• Phase 0: Research and planning (1 month, done)

• Research and analysis of existing mentorship platforms and initiatives in the web3 and blockchain industry
    • Market analysis and user research to identify key needs and opportunities for a web3-focused mentorship platform
    • Development of a comprehensive action plan for the mentorship platform
  • Phase 1: Marketing and pre-launch (1 month)

• Identify key press and media outlets to target for coverage of the project – partially done
    • Plan and execute an event in the web3 meta space, including AMAs and interviews with mentors and ambassadors, and co-host at least one panel during ETH-related events – already negotiating with orgs
    • Develop marketing materials and outreach strategies to attract mentors and mentees to the platform, including inviting Ladies of BAYC for participation in the materials
    • Win more partnerships and collaborations with key stakeholders in the web3 and blockchain industry – on it.
  • Phase 2: Development and pilot launch (1 month)

• Design and development of the web2 mentorship platform and adjust the web3 meta space, adapt all the core features and tools
    • Testing and quality assurance of the platform
    • Launch of the mentorship platform, including marketing and outreach efforts to attract more mentors and mentees
    • Virtual event with Ana (CEO of Cointelegraph Comms) as host and inviting Ladies of BAYC as main speakers.
  • Phase 3: Growth and expansion (ongoing; 1st month is included in the budget)

• Ongoing development and improvement of the mentorship platform, based on user feedback and market demand
    • Expansion of the platform’s opportunities, including adding a foundation with microgrants for mentees to perform web3 onboarding tasks in partners’ ecosystems, including ApeCoin DAO (microgrants aren’t included in the budget)
    • Partnerships and collaborations with other organizations and initiatives focused on advancing women in technology
    • Fundraising
    • More events and press, including an offline event in a physical location in Miami hacker house.

The next stages imply gradually transferring to creating own bootcamps, steps are: winning more curators, creating personal development plans based on open-source educational materials and guiding people through them, starting a pilot bootcamp with one ecosystem or community, unfolding more bootcamps after the pilot run. In parallel, our partner Olga is building a Metawomen hacker house in Miami, but it’s out of the scope of the proposal.

Full Budget

The requested grant amount is $50,161 (with 3% overhead), which will be used to cover the following expenses for the next 3 months.

[METAWOMEN FOUNDATION] Budget web2

PROMOTION Q-ty
Paid publications: press, telegram, social media 3 300 900
Owned media: our tg channel, instagram, discord 0
content creation 12 100 1200
content distribution 12 250 3000
Offline promotion (participation): events 0 1000 0
Ambassadors 20 0 0
TOTAL PROMOTION $ 1 650,00 $ 5 100,00
MENTORSHIP PLATFORM
Development (no-code) 2000
Design 500
Content management 1000
Platform promotion (context/target ads) 3000
Support 0
Legal 500
Report/research: market analysis based on platform launch 0
TOTAL MENTORSHIP PLATFORM $ - $ 7 000,00
STAFF x3 month Fixed salary, monthly Total cumulative salary
Core, I (Valeriia) $ 2 000,00 $ 6 000,00
Core , II (Vladimir) $ 2 000,00 $ 6 000,00
Core , III (Olga) $ 2 000,00 $ 6 000,00
Core , IV (Misha) $ 2 000,00 $ 6 000,00
Content editor, part-time $ 1 000,00 $ 3 000,00
SMM manager, part-time $ 1 000,00 $ 3 000,00
Travel expences $ 2 000,00 $ 6 000,00
Services and subscriptions $ 200,00 $ 600,00
TOTAL STAFF $ 12 200,00 $ 36 600,00
SUBTOTAL $ 48 700,00
Overhead 3,00% $ 1 461,00
TOTAL $ 50 161,00
1 Like

Welcome to the proposals @sibil and well done on a well written idea.

Totally support all DEI initiatives, and as you say, would be great to get some Twitter profiles to see who else would be on this project.

I was part of the core team at Expansion Punks where our whole reason for being was Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity and understand the mission well. I invited mecdoteth to the DAO MultiSig and one of our first Mods was Kashvi who went onto be the Comms Lead for World of Women – happy to introduce you to any and all these fine folk.

Questions:

• Will you be creating a Foundation?
  • Will it be a non-profit?
  • Where will it be based?
  • How much budget have you set aside for legal and taxes?

Plenty more items to consider, but just wanted to get these foundational questions answered and to give you kudos for the idea and write-up.

ApeComms Team always around and happy to help :blush:

Cheers – SSP

5 Likes

Welcome for posting your first proposal here! The goal of bringing more women to web3 or Apecoin is excellent. We actually have many lady leaders in the community of both Yuga ecosystem and ApeCoin DAO. Sharing their experience with others would help onboard more female members.

My comment/question is, the goal is great but when it comes to execution, we need to be detailed and very specific about the plan. For promotion platforms, you mentioned TG, Instagram, and more. Do you have those channels already, or you will create new channels?

Market analysis about the platform is good and may be mandatory, but the community would be more willing to see what platform you want to make and what functions it has, rather than just having an analysis.

Additionally, mentorship programs are the key part so it’s better to come up with some examples of what kind of programs will be included. Creating wallets and sending $APE transactions are good for newbies into web3 in general but I doubt if they are the right tasks for our female leaders, especially for those who dive deep into the industry and have advanced skill sets.

8 Likes

Congrats & Good luck to your first ever proposal! @sibil

As a woman, I love the concept especially bringing and appreciating what women can do in this community.

4 Likes

Hi ChrisL! Thank you so much for this elaborated feedback — we’re meeting with my team tonight here in Miami, will discuss what you highlighted.

Already can comment on this point:

but I doubt if they are the right tasks for our female leaders, especially for those who dive deep into the industry and have advanced skill sets.

I mean, inviting them as mentors / seeking feedback on how to elaborate the onboarding tasks / participate in media / etc, not like mentees. This is my point — will make it more clear in the formal proposal! We already have amazing female OGs signed up for that and we want to start it off with the star team to get the best possible impact (for me it’s respecting our mentors’ and experts’ time and effort in the first place.)

1 Like

Thank you Joi!

It feels encouraging!

I’d love to make it happen. If I could ask you — do you know anyone from the community who had experience with edu activities (the more feedback the better)? Would appreciate mentioning them — or please share any your second thoughts if any! Especially concerns if any.

4 Likes

Hello @sibil

Sadly, I’m just a newbie here in ApeCoin Community, so I don’t have enough information yet to share with you but if I have any ideas, I will let you know. :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome @sibil thank you so much for the exciting proposal!!

I definitely understand & feel firsthand the importance of bringing in more women through mentorship into crypto & web 3- if it wasn’t for @adventurousape mentioning ApeCoin DAO in a group chat, I’d never have joined Discourse & gotten involved :white_heart:

Adore the concept of microgrants in $APE as well, would love to hear if there’s any specific demographic of women you’re interested in mentoring & onboarding first, and brainstorm together on the mentioned satellite activities.

We love the Ladies!!

-Halina.eth :cherry_blossom:

8 Likes

Welcome @sibil! It’s great to see more women getting involved in the DAO! I really love what you are trying to do here. I’m a member of the Ladies of BAYC and trying to get more women involved has always been one of my goals. Like @Halina.eth mentioned, she became involved after I was talking about it in a group chat and it’s been amazing to see her become highly involved and bring her many talents and ideas to the DAO.

I’d love to learn more about your background and prior deliverables as well as the background of the rest of your team. Thanks so much for your proposal!

8 Likes

Hi @sibil,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Escape

1 Like

Hey-y!

Thank you so much for reaching to me here :slight_smile: Actually met some more folks from your crowd last night at WoW and today in Wynwood – and feel so excited to proceed!

There are two of us in the core so far – and a number of talents ready to contribute (already have detailed budget, it’s 50k + fund to allocate to mentees, will attach to the draft).

Myself, I’m an invited expert at the Ministry of Digital Transformation blockchain office, launching a nationwide blockchain educational product with Filecoin Foundation as one of main partners. Co-founder of female led startup that is leveraging NFT for copyright protection by creating proof of authorship, it’s been around for a while. We’re working with top crypto media and are Techstars alums. Launched Metahistory.gallery, the first gov-level NFT museum that raised ~900 ETH for charity. Mentor and curator at Creative and Tech Institute PRJCTR, ex-product owner of an online school for editors and designers for 1000+ students.

My partner is CBDO & co-founder of Global Ledger protocol, a blockchain forensic startup that allows banks, fintech companies, and crypto startups to follow obligatory AML/CTF compliance rules for crypto assets. Regulators and Law Enforcement can utilize GL technologies to supervise financial institutions according to FATF guidelines and perform cybercrime investigations.

Happy to elaborate!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @sibil for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @sibil please see your messages for the next steps.

-Escape

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@sibil has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

- river

1 Like

Our team has reviewed and discussed @sibil’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

1 Like

This Topic has been Withdrawn based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-Amplify