Establishing Accountability Practices

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Hi @Moonlyght,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Escape

1 Like

Hey Escape thanks for reaching out. I would like to extend the discussion for another 7 days to gather some more feedback, appreciate it!

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Moonlyght has requested to extend the community discussion period for this AIP idea. This topic will automatically close a further 7 days from now. We encourage the community to continue to engage in thoughtful discussions through constructive criticism, honest feedback, and helpful suggestions.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

-Escape

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response Escape :yellow_heart:

Agree daily is a bit much. Weekly would be fine maybe every 2 weeks. The only thing is I want reporting of accomplishments as a side affect of doing the work, but not having the reporting being the primary work being done.

7 Likes

Yes I believe Weekly or Bi-weekly might be the best way to approach it. Like Elon Musk does at Twitter haha

2 Likes

Bi-Weekly would be great. Overall there just needs to be so much more accountability across the entire DAO. How are we ensuring that these members are fulfilling their duty. The price point is that of someone with great skill specific to technical and/or marketing chops. I think responsibilities and pay structure should be addressed before the new people are voted in. SO IMPERATIVE. Thank you for this.

6 Likes

Thanks for the comment phibacka. Yes these are sensitive topics and are most needed to discuss imo. How would you address responsibilities (accountability) and pay structure?

At the moment a board member is getting $20k a month…! That’s an exuberant amount of money to not to be at least accountable each week. Bi-weekly could work too I believe.

4 Likes

I agree completely. I posted as much via Twitter yesterday and got a lot of feedback. I think more specific responsibilities is imperative. Special council need projects to be doing constantly and deadlines to meet. I think notes of each special council meeting is needed and should be shared. That can be done by a secretary type position, which could also be a job tied to a special council position. I think if each member had a more set role it would help the entirety of the council.

I agree that the 20k per month is a LOT. In my opinion it is too much and the only reason it is that way is because of the “type of person” we got in the first special council. If they are only meeting for a few hours a week to look at proposals that is unacceptable. I believe the proposal process needs to be more streamlined and work on a much tighter schedule. I also believe that a lot of the comms issues that are trying to be solved should be the responsibility of the council. To be completely blunt, I feel as though they’ve done little to nothing in the 6 +months in the position. That cannot continue.

I would also like to see more accountability and check ins with every passed AIP. That can be a part of the council’s meetings where there is a monthly or bi-weekly update from each AIP. You spread them out so that there aren’t too many at any one meeting. I know there are a few that have been completely left unchecked and we are still waiting for their deliverables. That is also completely unacceptable. This should’ve been caught by said special council. Specifically the quarterly reports from Guy. Where are they?

If the special council is just going to be massive names that meet for 3 hours a week, the council is pointless and a waste of our time.

6 Likes

Much to think here, all great points that I strongly agree with, I would love to organise a meeting on Twitter or discord with some key people (Special council nominees too) so that we can all put together the best proposal that can help the DAO flourish. Thanks for the feedback.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums @phibacka31.

Just a couple of points with regards to how the AIP process is set-up:

• If you’d like to change the compensation for Special Council, feel free to write up an Idea and lead the proposal through the stages - this may take approximately 4-6 weeks, so perhaps begin asap if this is a priority
  • This was a vital portion of the ApeComms deliverables – something that we had identified many months ago but also realized should be incorporated into the larger Communications Infrastructure of the DAO, rather than piecemealed without a coordinated, long-term strategy
  • There is no reporting process currently in place and don’t believe it’s even part of the Special Council’s role. I had to create my own reporting (HERE), and obviously this thread is discussing who, what, where, when, why and how this will be implemented.

Glad to see you involved in the forums, perhaps you could collab with @Moonlyght to bring this accountability process and dashboard to fruition.

Cheers – SSP✌🏽

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind comment SSP!

2 Likes

Hi @Moonlyght,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Escape

2 Likes

Hey Escape, thanks for reaching out. I’m in discussion with a few community members of the DAO to help me with the structure and brainstorm a few more ideas so I would love to extend community discussion further for the time being. Thanks for the help!

6 Likes

@Moonlyght has requested to extend the community discussion period for this AIP idea. This topic will automatically close a further 7 days from now. We encourage the community to continue to engage in thoughtful discussions through constructive criticism, honest feedback, and helpful suggestions.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

-Escape

2 Likes

Tues Fri are solid days

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 18 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @Moonlyght for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Moonlyght please see your messages for the next steps.

-Escape

2 Likes

@Moonlyght is to withdraw their application. This AIP will be moved to and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category for now.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

1 Like