AIP-113: Extending AIP-1 - the DAO Process

I think it’s a good idea to extend the current structure another 3 months, but would like to see a few changes implemented as part of this proposal to improve the process. I agree we aren’t ready to completely overhaul the proposal process just yet, but it is something I would like to see done down the road. For now, I would like to see some changes added to the current process while we work on a long-term solution.

1. I would like to see someone from the community involved in the moderation phase. I would love to be involved in this and maybe it’s a team of 2-3 community members. I wouldn’t be looking to be paid for this, but would like to volunteer my time to improve the proposal process not only for myself but the entire DAO.

This doesn’t necessarily mean they need to be voting on what is approved or sent back to the author, but I would like to see a community member have access to information to provide transparency to us. More of like a project manager to report to the community and help push proposals along in the process. This includes things like the chart I am proposing in this AIP draft and a way for the community to understand why certain proposals get stuck in certain statuses. I think this would greatly improve the efficiency of the proposal process and allow proposals to move through the process faster.

1. There is a line item in AIP-1 that says “If the author does not respond to a moderator’s request to change, update, or make clarifications on the AIP Draft within 30 days, the AIP Draft will be automatically rejected as having failed to comply with the DAO-approved guidelines.” I think we should add something similar but in regards to what happens if a moderator does not respond to the author’s request within a certain amount of days. I’m not sure what the action would be, but I I think this would streamline the AIP draft and review process. I know the moderator team is swamped with proposals every day, but I think having some guidelines in place of expected response times would help us tremendously.

I have other thoughts as well that I will share later today but wanted to get this initial comment out there to start some dialogue.

4 Likes