GWG: Ask a Steward Thread

With the election season upon us, the GWG’s ongoing commitment to transparency, and the buzz of activity in our Discourse Forum and on Twitter Spaces, we’ve seen a lot of questions directed at candidates. While it’s inspiring to see such enthusiasm from our community members eager to step into leadership roles, this also highlighted a gap in our system — as there is no dedicated space for nominees to seek guidance from those of us who are already serving as Stewards.

Therefore, I wanted to take that opportunity to kick off this thread and keep it open indefinitely so that everyone can ask all the questions that may have been on your mind but haven’t had the right opportunity to ask.

So whether you’re curious about the day-to-day responsibilities, who does what, looking for insights on the challenges and rewards of stewardship, or seeking advice on best serving the ApeCoin DAO community, this is your chance to gain firsthand knowledge from those with direct experience — and remember that your questions combined with our answers will contribute to a more informed and cohesive leadership team and community moving forward as a whole — so ask away.

AC

9 Likes

This is a good initiative to be transparent.

Since GWG is its own AIP, I always wondered who kept track of all the various working groups workflow, synergy, and accountability. And what is SC role in the working group networks.

6 Likes

Great way to set this off… Here you go:

So as far as workflow goes, we didn’t have a lot of rigid systems in place before bringing BojangleGuy on, but one of his primary tasks thus far has been to create a series of SOPs that we are developing.

Currently, he’s head down on redrafting our onboarding documents in anticipation of the new GWG Steward(s) which will also be accompanied by the SOPs.

As far as accountability goes, this is absolutely an area that will be changing as I am currently researching front-facing options that the community will have easy access to — similar and/or including what @CypherGlaze just created on Trello. Keeping this in mind, it is absolutely paramount to me when creating our quarterly and budget transparency reports that I provide as much information on GWG activities that I possibly can. And on a personal note, release reports like this: GWG Election Expectations & Steward Log: March 25th - April 8th 2024

As far as Special Council’s involvement with the GWG, it’s important to remember that the APE Foundation is distinct from Working Groups; however, given that our Facilitator team handles a variety of steps in the AIP process, they are in close coordination with both SC and the DAOs Cayman administration.

Hope that helps!

AC

6 Likes

Brilliant idea and appreciate a place where we can ask more about the day to day.

I really liked the trello board @CypherGlaze did, great initiative by Dim. Well done :clap:

5 Likes