GWG Election Expectations & Steward Log: March 25th - April 8th 2024

ALL CITY
Lead Steward
Governance Working Group
Election Expectations & GWG Steward Log: March 25th - April 8th 2024
Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of GOVERNANCE-6 copy
As the Special Council and Working Group elections approach and potential candidates consider where they wish to run, I wanted to provide a more granular perspective on my duties as a Governance Steward.

Due to the multitude of tasks that I need to take on, keeping all of this up to date wasn’t easy. Also, in some cases certain tasks may not fall directly under the Governance Working Group scope, but all directly relate to improving ApeCoin. Good examples of these types of extra efforts include things like conceptualizing, and executing the NFC Conference proposal, as well as exploring possibilities for ApeCoin to have an impactful IRL presence during Formula One Grand Prixes.

During it’s initial stages, I was also looking to track the time spent on each task. However, this proved challenging as many of my responsibilities aren’t confined to a single sitting, instead spanning throughout the day, so I opted to omit this element — but I would challenge you to think about the ammounts of time that may be required to execute them; as many are quite complex, and this list only shows the execution of an event, not the strategic thinking that goes into the creation, and management of them.

Another data point I monitored was the average ammount of sleep I was getting, to make for a more efficient understanding of the total portion of my days spent focused on ApeCoin. The results showed just over eight hours per night of sleep, with one hour added to account for falling asleep and waking up. This left somewhere around sixteen hours per day, seven days per week, that I redistribute workload back to myself so that GWG deliverables are being executed and other tasks like budget proposal planning, writing and cycle-end reporting are completed.

I also wanted to make sure that anyone thinking about running for a Steward role needs to recognize that you must be dynamic. Think about the ApeCoin DAO being in a growth stage for startups right now, where the foundation is poured but a lot of the floor plans are being improved to become more efficient — so bring ideas.

It is also important to acknowledge that successful Stewards typically demonstrate a genuine willingness to contribute meaningfully and roll up their sleeves to tackle challenges. But value comes in many forms, so diverse teams often enable the strongest results.

For GWG candidates, remind yourself that the path toward developing a passion for governance can vary. And how we tend to use the word governance in Web3 is not necessarily the same as we do in the traditional world. Similar yes, but not identicle. It’s worth noting that my journey didn’t begin until 2016-2020 when a soon-to-be emerging industry in Canada started drawing attention from unlikely sources. During this time, I began having to analyze complex regulatory frameworks concerning liquor and tobacco licensing to provide insight for prospective business owners who needed someone to help them narrow down predictions on where to position themselves geographically. This also involved attending somewhere in the range of 40-60 City Council meetings in municipalities around British Columbia, often times just to pick up on nuances that only in-person observations could achieve. Eventually, I became a speaker at many of these meetings.

Through this, a lot began to shift once I began realizing that a lot of times, the most well-received City Councillors weren’t the stereotypical politicians many pictured. Sure, some had likely used those roles in smaller cities as a stepping stone to provincial or federal politics. Still, I often noticed that many of these City Councillors were just well-rooted community members with the courage and necessary strategic thinking to get into positions where they could make a difference.

During this time, I also became heavily involved in daily communication with various planning and bylaw departments. I would translate certain types of City bylaws into clear, concise language for stakeholders with limited subject matter expertise. This work also ignited a passion for well-structured writing, which I never knew I had.

Taking salary into consideration, I’m yet to have come across anyone who’s been elected via DAO-wide vote who strikes me as being here solely for a paycheque. And although this is a basic need anytime services are rendered, the reality is that we are here because we are self-starters who believe in ApeCoin with the confidence, and passion to bring our ideas to life. We also likely have strong support networks who believe in what we’re doing with the channels in place to execute on on our visions.

So to be clear, do not run for monetary gain. Run for the chance to solidify up to one year of purposeful contributions to ApeCoin DAO where you will have access to a newtowrk of other builders and resources that you may not have before. Furthermore, the numbers likely won’t add up the way you think they do, in terms of committment versus direct compensation. So remember, the biggest impacts you will experience from working at ApeCoin DAO will come through the contributions you make for ApeCoin DAO. Think about that one for a bit.

Please find the attached log of ALL CITY ApeCoin DAO-related contributions between March 25th and April 8th, 2024.

Here are the results…
ALL CITY
Lead Steward
Governance Working Group
Election Expectations & GWG Steward Log: March 25th - April 8th 2024

Monday March 25th

• Check and respond to messages/emails
  • Coordinate with content creation team
  • Coordinate March 28th, Global Community Committee meeting (guests, attendees, and internal agenda)
  • Call with community member
  • Call with other Working Groups
  • Call with Secretary
  • Call with Open Campus
  • Finalize AIP-412: Streamlining Working Group Elections proposal
  • Draft and post internal voting poll for Stewards to appoint new Secretary

Tuesday March 26th

• Call with ApeChain development team member
  • Call with the Facilitators
  • Coordinate with content team
  • Additional coordination for March 28th Global Community Committee meeting (guests, attendees, and internal agenda)
  • Prepare notes from the AIP-317 Budget Impact and Transparency Report for LOR3LORD video content
  • Call with DillyDilly from ThankAPE regarding potential GWG reward programs
  • Review 20+ documents after ownership change from previous secretary
  • Coordinate Twitter Spaces with Open Campus
  • Coordinate ApeCoinGWG Twitter account with Tobi and BigBull
  • Read and responded to posts on Discourse
  • Meet with Beyond the Swamp magazine designer
  • Draft and publish Tweet thread to spread awareness on AIP-408: Q2/Q3 2024 Governance Working Group Budget

Wednesday, March 27th

• Draft and post edits to AIP-408: Q2/Q3 2024 Governance Working Group Budget
  • Draft and post edits to AIP-404: ApeCoin DAO at NFC Lisbon proposal
  • Coordinate and negotiate with NFC Lisbon conference event organizers
  • Coordinate with community member regarding CGIP submission
  • Coordinate with Beyond the Swamp magazine team
  • Coordinate with anticipated NFC Lisbon conference panellists
  • Draft and post CGIP #AwarenessChallenge to initiate awareness on AIP-408 Q2/Q3 2024 Governance Working Group Budget

Thursday, March 28th

• Global Community Committee meeting prep and reminder messages
  • Global Community Committee meeting group call
  • Coordinate logos for ApeCoinTalks Twitter flyer
  • Review Twitter content from content team
  • Review Lorelord video script
  • Coordinate with Webslinger regarding the new Secretary role and contract execution
  • Coordinate with Webslinger to finalize AIP-317 budget financials

Friday, March 29th

• Coordinate discussion on the possibility of a multi-event ApeCoin proposal
  • Tally votes, close poll and announce new Secretary hire to Working Group Stewards
  • Communicate results to Secretary applicants
  • Coordinate with old and new secretaries regarding next steps
  • Draft and submit ApeCoinTalks Tweet for Twitter Spaces

Saturday, March 30th

• Finalize edits to AIP-408: Q2/Q3 2024 Governance Working Group Budget
  • Draft and basic invoice records for Global Community Committee rewards
  • Initiate and sign final GWG website payment to Solidity.io
  • Initiate and sign 13 additional transactions on GWG multi-sig
  • Research potential event cities
  • Design ApeCoinTalks hosts/special guest digital card template for potential use on Spaces threads
  • Coordinate discussion with Singe creator regarding the possibility of an NFC Lisbon ApeCoin merch collaboration
  • Coordinate with AIP-404: ApeCoin DAO at NFC Lisbon proposal co-author regarding the potential for more event planning
  • Draft and post Discord announcement

Sunday, March 31st

• Finalize Q1 payments on multi-sig
  • Draft and post transparency-related messaging with link to GWG multi-sig
  • Review Lorelord video content
  • Review Twitter content from content team
  • Upload Global Community Committee Meeting Minutes to Discord channel
  • Draft and post profile picture thread on Discourse
  • Discuss third-signatory options with Metaverse Working Group

Monday, April 1st

• Coordinate with Horizen Labs yo discuss ApeChain
  • Create PFP image box for secretary on website
  • Update secretary website text copy
  • Submit website update requests to Solidity.io
  • Coordinate with new and old secretaries regarding onboarding
  • Coordinate with Solidity.io to update GWG website DNS settings
  • Produce new secretary website translations in French, Spanish, Japanese, and simplified Chinese
  • Edit AIP-408: Q2/Q3 2024 Governance Working Group Budget proposal banner graphic to include new secretary PFP
  • Resize using test site
  • Request to update AIP with new banner image
  • New secretary announcement graphic design
  • Call with Bojangle to discuss onboarding with Vulkan
  • Create new group communication channels new secretary and team
  • Create BojangleGuy / Secretary image to be used in announcements
  • Draft and post new secretary welcome Tweet
  • Review dashboard.apecoingwg.com testing results
  • Relay findings to dashboard developers Nodeblocks
  • Accepted 40+ ownership change requests emails from previous secretary
  • Initiate new secretary contract draft
  • Draft and post new secretary Discourse messaging
  • Research previous AIPs related to secretary
  • Draft secretary deliverables for GWG service provider agreement
  • Draft letter to lawyer requesting review of three contracts

Tuesday, April 2nd

• Call with Secretary
  • Call with Facilitators
  • Coordinate with GWG lawyer
  • Coordinate with Facilitators
  • Coordinate with Open Campus regarding Spaces April 3rd, ApeCoinTalks Twitter Spaces

Wednesday, April 3rd

• Review and provide feedback on AvantGarde proposal draft
  • Call with Secretary
  • Conduct CGIP #AwarenessChallenge giveaway draw
  • Draft and post CGIP giveaway winner announcement
  • Draft and post (basic) F1 IRL activations concept proposal
  • Consult with the Twitter picker team about other potential GWG Twitter activations
  • Draft and post new Working Group meeting day/time poll
  • Set up Secretary GWG email

Thursday, April 4th

• Edit (basic) F1 IRL activations concept proposal
  • Reformat personal GWG email
  • Create Arbitrum DAO forum profile
  • Engage on governance topic on Arbitrum forum
  • Draft and send emails to motorsports advertising agencies
  • Coordinate meeting with motorsports advertising agency
  • Get accounting prepped for new secretary
  • Review Q1 GWG invoices
  • Coordinate with Webslinger
  • Provide new secretary access to certain files related to GWG bookkeeping

Saturday, April 6th

• Request and review NDA forms
  • Initiate and sign content creation payment on GWG multi-sig
  • Initiate and sign Solidity.io web hosting payment on GWG multi-sig
  • Review and edit content creator contract
  • Coordinate with community member regarding CGIP submission
  • Draft and file basic receivables record
  • File Solidity.io web hosting record
  • Coordinate with content creators

Sunday, April 7th

• Coordinate with content creators regarding new GWG Twitter banner and PFP
  • Place new banner and PFP on GWG Twitter profile
  • Coordinate with Beyond the Swamp designer
  • Consult with legal regarding three contracts needing completed
  • Coordinate the completion of multi-sig payments to solidity.io and content creator
  • Call with Special Council member
  • Call with new secretary
  • Draft following-day GWG meeting agenda notes and action items
  • Draft the week’s work duties for new secretary
  • Coordinate with Pukecast for Twitter Spaces on Wednesday April 10th, regarding AIP-404: ApeCoin DAO at NFC Lisbon proposal
  • Coordinate with Lisbon organizer to join Spaces
  • Finalize Beyond the Swamp magazine first issue content and draft notes for designer
  • Source and select final images for CMYK and send to to designer
  • Call with Special Council member

Monday, April 8th

• Inform GWG members of unanticipated matter
  • Meeting rescheduled for the following day
  • Personal matter
  • Coordinate with Facilitator regarding ThankAPE Discord announcement request
  • Draft and post Discord announcement
  • Coordinate with Discord server security regarding blocked link
  • Review new secretary GWG content creation calendar in Notion
  • Discuss bookkeeping options with new secretary + schedule call for Tuesday
  • Coordinate with lawyer regarding service provider contracts
  • Review Beyond the Swamp designer content
  • Cooridnate with Open Campus
  • AIP-404: ApeCoin DAO at NFC Lisbon proposal outreach

In closing, whether it’s something related to workflow within these specific dates, or more insight on the upcoming Special Council and Working Group elections, drop a comment below and I’ll get to answering them as quickly as I can.

AC

12 Likes

I have worked with AllCity on and off for over a year now. And more recently on a day to day basis as the DAO Secretary. The amount of time and passion he puts into his work is inspiring. If you are planning on running for a steward position in the upcoming July election I would highly recommend you reach out to him and find time to chat.

Thanks for all you do for the DAO AC. Much appreciated.

7 Likes

Thank you brother. And quite honestly the same to you.

One of the critical nuances when establishing a strong team is being able to source members who can compliment one another — and you are doing this in a big way with your fresh set of thoughts helping to streamline a variety of GWG processes + much-needed bookkeeping protocol developed from scratch using some really clever Excel formulas.

Can’t wait for the curtain to start being pulled back more so the rest of the community starts to see it as much as we do.

AC

5 Likes

Hi @AllCityBAYC,

THANK YOU. With the upcoming election szn, the detailed post here can help the election become much more efficient. It’s impressive to see the depth of your involvement in various aspects of ApeCoin’s development and governance you got into.

I also appreciate the amount of time you put with “call with community member”.

As I see the Steward role, I see it as an engine, where lead with the community the DAO to our goals, the requires not only a diverse skill set but also a deep commitment to the collective vision and mission.

I’m particularly excited by your efforts to bridge the gap between digital and real-world presence, such as exploring possibilities for ApeCoin’s participation in Formula One Grand Prix events or the proposal we’re leading together to bring ApeCoin to Lisbon.

Thank you for your hard work and commitment to advancing the ApeCoin DAO’s mission.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

6 Likes

Appreciate you brother… Lots yet to accomplish.

Let’s get it :muscle::muscle:

AC

3 Likes

Your gratitude means the world to me! I’m deeply committed to advancing the ApeCoin DAO’s mission, and knowing that my efforts are appreciated fills me with immense joy and motivation. Thank you for acknowledging the hard work—it truly means a lot. If there’s anything else I can do to support the cause, just let me know!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.