Infrastructure for Regional Ape event Coordination

TLDR :

Event scheduling for Regional Ape communities

Ask → 0 $ APE - 1500 $APE (TBD)

This will be entirely free for the participating communities, no hidden fees. Will cover all the costs associated with the software side of things for a year or more.

Status → Live

Rationale

Coordinate events lead by community members within the sub communities within the ApeCoin DAO (French apes, Canadian apes, Chinese apes, Goofy Apes, Bri’ish Apes , Trait specific apes etc)

This way we can empower fractured collectives and help them not only coordinate events within their communities but also across different sub communities as well (ex : French x Canadian Apes). This further helps bring the community together and strengthens the existing bonds.

This AIP is an extension of this calendar which tracks spaces events within the DAO → Tracking Events within the ApeVerse with A.C.T. (ApeCoin Tracker)

Note : The backend for this (Phase 1) is already operational. Will open it up to the communities in the pilot stage (Mention me down here for access)

• Phase 1 keeps all the different community events in a unified calendar

• Phase 2 will take about a week or two to become fully operational. This’ll happen about 2-3 weeks before it goes to vote on snapshot.

Process of event submission :

1. Community members can create events which get synced with all other

Form to submit community led events : Event Form

1. The event get’s added to the database automagically

1. Sync’s the calendar with the db and reflects changes made within 5 minutes.

2. ???

3. Profit

Advantages :

• Will act as a database for other projects to fetch events from for their custom implementations.

• Leverages the native functionality of the OS you’re using (iOS, android, microsoft) by tying natively into calendar apps for notifications (Exploring additional functionality)

• Includes link to the DB entry where we can include things such as Key Takeaways, Agenda and whatever our heart desires ()

Workflow for that thingy →

I click on the link and it takes me to this page where I can see and interact will all kinds of info and links and even listen to the archived space audio

8 Likes

Very well done my dude!
Excited to see what will be the final product

1 Like

Interesting, the easy accessibility part is also good, (iOS, android, microsoft)…
excelent ! :+1:

1 Like

Great job as uzh working on tools, dude!

I have just a minor suggestion if I may - perhaps change “Hey there fellow ape” to “Hey there fellow $ape lover” or something of that nature :melting_face:

Will events added through this event form be reflected on my phone when I previously subscribed to that calendar you sent me?

1 Like

Thanks friend, doing as much as I can :saluting_face:

I mean, if you’re willing to spend actual money to buy fake internet money then idk what to tell ya, you’re an ape :person_shrugging: (/s)

Nope, you’ll have to add another calendar cause not everyone would like to get updates about all the events. Unless they would in which case I’ll add it in the existing one.

My brother, this is the final product (lmao, jk)

Thanks evil, All i gotta figure out is Step 4 and 5

1 Like

That’s what I’m all about my man

eh it’s more “bozo” in my case than “ape” :clown_face:

how are you thinking of regionality? e.g. do French people care about meetups in Canada and Canadian - about meetups in India?

1 Like

I mean, fair enough :man_shrugging:

That’s on an individual basis, that’s why Phase 2 would have separate calendars for regional events. One could either follow the unified list or specific event calendars which they’re interested in.

What I do know for sure is that french apes care about French events (spaces, meetups, hangouts etc) and they care about colabs such as French x Canadian apes

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author’s request.

You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

Hello, CEO! I’m excited by your continuous flow of new ideas. This event planning concept is brilliant, making it much simpler to organize and find events than digging through chats. It would be great if the system could also adjust event times based on my timezone - this would really make it perfect!

2 Likes

This is a great suggestion, I’ll be delighted if it turns out

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words zoopie, Simple yet elegant solutions is what I’m all about (apart from all the complex stuff but we don’t talk about that, or as superman says “We don’t talk about pink kryptonite”)

So whoever Imports these calendars would get the timings adjusted according to their own time
zone and you can set it up to notify you before the event takes place. How cool is that ?

All it would cost would be the subscription amount we’d have to pay airtable + maintaining that platform.

If you’re a part of a regional grouping of apes, let them know and I’ll give them access to this :saluting_face:

You can even access the entire event calendar from within your native calendar app on your device.

All we need now for that to happen is to get people on board, especially regional/ trait specific ape communities

1 Like

Hi @CEOofWeb3.0 ,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-12GAUGE

1 Like

I think I’m content. Move it over coach :saluting_face:

I think I’m content. Move it over coach :saluting_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @CEOofWeb3.0 ,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions]. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @CEOofWeb3.0 please see your messages for the next steps.

-12GAUGE

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-12GAUGE