Is there a list of all DAO expenditures?

Is there a list of all DAO expenditures, including transaction IDs and the reasons for fund transfers?

8 Likes

The transparency reports should start up again in the next week or two.

9 Likes

I’ve created a spreadsheet cataloguing/linking all AIPs by date, author, approved expenditures, etc., but it remains totally unofficial and doesn’t include tx ids or fund transfers. It’ll give you a general ballpark, however, until the official transparency report is released. Send me a message and I’d be happy to share it.

5 Likes

Check my posting history over the past few weeks: I’ve asked many times.

There’s no oversight or audits.

Further, “audit” is not mentioned one single time on ApeCoin.com - the official site for the Foundation / DAO.

“Oversight” is mentioned once but not in relation to anything financial.

There isn’t even a Mission or agreement what the purpose of the DAO is, but we’re appointing highly-paid Working Groups - again without any oversight, audit, or accountability in any real or meaningful sense.

We’re copying all the IRL systems that lead to abuse, waste and corruption, but ignoring all of the methods that legit, successful companies use to avoid same. All in an industry renown for rugs, rife with rip-offs, with regulators openly on the warpath and known to be looking specifically at this.

We could be leaders. We could take a bit of time to do it credibly, thereby attracting respect from those outside (and inside) web3/crypto looking in. Instead we have massive red flags flapping stridently in the wind and core changes passing with far less than 50% of the vote, but party-on!

3 Likes

Hey builders,

Can someone help me to understand this proposal?

AIP-36: Guy Oseary as ApeCoin Representative - Ecosystem Fund Allocation

As far as I understand, Guy Oseary proposed to serve as a representative for ApeCoin to elevate ApeCoin’s presence and value through strategic partnerships and initiatives. Oseary requested an allocation of 1% of the Ecosystem Fund to spend on opportunities beneficial for ApeCoin and its community. He communicated that his goal is to integrate ApeCoin into mainstream culture, making it a vital part of both digital and real-life experiences. He aslo said that details of expenditures and transactions will be shared transparently with the ApeCoin DAO community via quarterly reports. But there was only one link to ApeCoin spaces.

How to find transactions associated with the proposal?

What does “an allocation of 1% of the Ecosystem Fund” means?

some data I got from The Pass:

DAO cashflow by Otherside wiki:

DAO treasury:

hope it helps till we making something officially.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

4 Likes

Bump for the question!

This thing ancient AF, idk what happened to this lol
P.S. 1% of of Ecosystem Fund basically meant millions of $$ , 1% of the entire treasury whenever he want them

1 Like

Guy O’Seary put forth this proposal, never drew on any of the funds, and it’s now closed. No funds have left the treasury as a result of this proposal, as I understand it.

2 Likes

Nothing was done. Pretty amazing on the surface, but given all the celebs coming to legal grief for touting cryptos… that’s likely the reason.

1 Like

Nothing was done. Pretty amazing on the surface, but given all the celebs coming to legal grief for touting cryptos… that’s likely the reason.

That seems to be the reason.

However, it’s surprising that he didn’t even bother to inform the 5.7M $APE holders who voted for him that he wouldn’t be taking any action. Even a bad result is still a result. Had he informed the DAO about the legal issues in his field, it could have been beneficial for the DAO. He hasn’t responded to our messages on the forum or on Twitter either. I don’t believe this attitude positively impacts voting participation.

I can’t imagine that’s of any concern to him, and arguably we’re better off none of it was spent given there’s zero practical or ethical oversight, auditing or accountability in place.

1 Like

I’m super late to this discussion and missing a bunch of context, but what I would expect is a small elected group (three members?) who serve as oversight and appoint any other officers who are needed to carry out duties.

not a fan of this idea. I believe the more slim an organization is, the more effective it will be. Too many hired people to do jobs will just make the organization not effective. We got secretary, treasury in steward as well (TBD). Seems these guys could handle that job.