Here’s a random, non Web3 idea, let’s target and purchase a Web2 company and flip it into a Web3 company. Obviously Twitter is a bit out of our price range, but there are many other opportunities that would fit the bill.
Maybe the company was a huge success in the 90’s but their business model did not stand up to the pressures of the internet (i.e. Kodak), or maybe it is a news organisation that we want control over (NYT comes to mind), or maybe its a small cap NFL / NHL / MLB team (let’s make a team that is uncompetitive, competitive again - all tickets / merch sold for ApeCoin)
- GameStop … LOL, MarketCap probably to big (12.5B) - JOKES!!!
- Cheapest sports team is in hockey ($450M) – we can rename them to the Buffalo Board Apes, and the arena could be called the BAYC LOL, or we can go further down league and buy a Football club in the **EFL Championship
- Sega Games, again probably too big but it would be cool flipping Sonic into a Web3 environment (4.5B Market Cap)
- Polaroid? Knight’s bridge capital acquired them in 2009 for US$87M. Basically we would be buying the brand and resources and then retargeting their hardware for MetaVerse integration
- How about a record label, “Dear Snoop, can you help us take over the music industry?”
I mean the constitution DAO was fun but now we are larger scale and should be looking at larger opportunities. There will be another Staking Proposal and that’s great, but come on, let’s think big, let’s be bold, let’s just start. Let’s collaborate and propose, focus on building not just commenting about why something doesn’t work. Let’s take risks, ask questions and empower each other to be confident in our areas of expertise.
We are effectively the largest DAO in the world, and we can make a real difference in anything we want. Bring your crazy, silly, moonshot ideas here and let’s talk about them in a manner that assumes we can actually do it!! I am 100% in, I have a pretty big network, I have a lot of software engineering experience,
I’ve built a few startups (some failed, some succeeded), I am happy to collaborate with anyone and everyone.