Minting new NFTs with Apecoin

My fellow apes, this is an unfinished thought and i dont think i can ever finish it…
because I do not understand enough about how tokenomics and how minting NFTs work and the effects it has on the ecosystem/metaverse.

Please entertain me if you have time.

What do you think about minting new NFTs with Apecoin?
This will take away from the total supply of Apecoin. (Increasing the value of Apecoin)
This gives you a chance to be a club member and get benefits (whatever that may be).
And maybe… after every mint, the cost to mint also increases.

Don’t be afraid to shut me down. I just want a logical reason behind it. Together Ape Strong.

10 Likes

Hey @Funkymunkay i am sure that with the new project Otherside and more things in the future that minting nfts and other DeFi functions will be available to holders. Take a look at some of the AIPs and read through the proposals to get a good idea of what may or may not be coming in the near future for APECOIN.
:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

5 Likes

Would this be similar to the current Snoop Dog drop that you can use Ape on?

Snoop Dogg on Twitter: “Lemme know if you got all 8 tracks. Got a little sun thing special for u. https://t.co/8JXyIRN3Pm https://t.co/Cm0asB1ahW” / Twitter

2 Likes

@Funkymunkay, i think @Circuitbrain is right. The roadmap with otherside, metaverse, gaming etc will mean a lot of new NFTs. In gaming for example, there is bound to be artifacts or equipment that is awarded, found, minted…

This is just the start imo!

3 Likes

Dope! Any idea what the " sun thing special" was?

I meant minting new NFTs that make you an official member of the BAYC.

1 Like

Yes, but what about a lesser tier version of an avatar nft

1 Like

Ah, gotcha. Wasn’t there a Koda video clip or something from Yuga?

I’d like to know more as well!

2 Likes

Not sure on the “sun thing special” Haven’t had time to listen to them all yet

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s a koda carrying the ape in this clip. So I can imagine having some sort of special access to kodas through $APE.

4 Likes

I have heard some rumors say that you unlock Kodas by finding them on your land. Still could just be a rumor however.

I am really excited however to see how ApeCoin will be used within the Otherside.

2 Likes

APE isn’t a governance token for Yuga or the BAYC, it’s a governance token for this DAO.

Nothing we vote on here can make the BAYC or Yuga do anything and they are on the record as saying that the BAYC will not have more members than it currently does.

6 Likes

Ah thank you for that clarity!

1 Like

Based on the rules that projects normally follow, I believe that it would not be interesting for BAYC holders to generate more project NFTs.

Derived project NFTs would be interesting and should definitely be done by and for the community, but again, derivatives. This is my point of view.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.