GM, Apecoin Fam,
American Ape, at your service!
For months, an idea has been simmering, an exciting vision for how we can revolutionize our content and narrative. I see this proposal not merely as a grant request but as a chance to ignite Apecoin in a spectacular way, fusing value creation with engaging storytelling.
With over a decade of experience in IP development, I’ve been diligently crafting around the Bored Ape Yacht Club brand ever since I proudly acquired American Ape for .45 ETH on May 8th, 2021. My passion is to continue to enrich our ecosystem and weave our stories organically, creating indelible memories and setting a precedent for how a seemingly simple digital collection of randomized cartoon animals can spawn a successful animated series. Many of you bought my first comic book starring BAYC #5636 in June 2021, and I have not stopped telling that story since…
This is our opportunity to demonstrate to traditional Hollywood the boundless possibilities that lie at the intersection of creativity, community, and blockchain technology. Together, we can redefine the digital era of entertainment. Hope you’ll join me. #ApesTogetherStrong
-Ramon Govea, AKA American Ape BAYC #5636
Bored Apes Storm Hollywood (BASH-AIP):
Expanding the Ecosystem with Battle-Tested IP Veteran and the Batman Producers
Abstract: This proposal seeks to leverage the Bored Ape Yacht Club narrative through the creation of an animated series pilot and three spin-off comic books, featuring characters owned by Apecoin DAO holders. Through an gritty, action-packed and comedic, anime-inspired adaptation of the American Ape comic book series, we can showcase the many pfp collections that make up the DAO in a storyline that prominently features Apecoin as the primary currency of the Metaverse. This proposal aims to expand the scope and reach of the project, and drive additional value for ApeCoin holders through pop culture relevance and by reinforcing high quality storytelling and it’s potential for all NFT holders. This can be the tip of the spear for NFT-native content in traditional Hollywood.
Author Description: Ramón Govea is a dedicated Bored Ape “OG” and the guiding force behind Myth Division, an entertainment company that pre-dates the NFT boom. Ramón is passionate about world-building, storytelling, and creating multi-platform experiences across film, comics, games, animation, and Web 3.
Here’s the proof of concept anime-inspired BAYC NFT that Ramón produced, which we’d like to expand into an animated series: https://opensea.io/assets/ethereum/0x25ad43defbd8ae997f011556823b415f08936ce5/0
Team Description: The team consists of Myth Division, led by Ramón Govea, and IP3, a group of seasoned Hollywood professionals with expertise in production, financing, distribution, and licensing. Key members include David Uslan, who brings decades of Hollywood experience to the team and the team behind the development of the Moonbirds feature film and several upcoming Amazon shows.
Motivation: This proposal offers a new use case for ApeCoin, integrating it into comics, animation, and other content forms to engage the community. It also aims to increase the token’s utility, provide innovative opportunities for licensing, and enhance the ApeCoin ecosystem.
Rationale: The APE Community’s mission aligns with the proposal’s aim of merging blockchain technology with traditional storytelling. This creates unique, engaging content that appeals to a broad audience, which can strengthen the position of ApeCoin both within the metaverse and IRL. With the Producers of legendary brand integrated IP adaptations like The Lego Movie, Batman Franchise, and Carmen San Diego TV Show and experienced producer and OG Bored Ape, Ramon Govea, we feel this is a no brainer to move the needle in both cultural relevance and adherence to high quality storytelling.
- Pilot: The first episode of any television series, usually screened by executives and focus groups before being “greenlit” or approved as a full series.
- Myth Division: The multi-platform entertainment company led by Ramón Govea.
- IP3: A team of Hollywood professionals partnered with Myth Division for this project and led by David Uslan, Christine Lu, Sarah Weinstock, and Josh Zubler.
Specifications: The project involves the creation of an animated series and three spin-off comic books using blockchain technology and traditional storytelling methods. The content will be developed and produced through the collaboration of Myth Division and IP3.
Steps to Implement:
- Secure funding of 50,000 APE for Developing & Packaging the Series
- Finalize Script and Production Partnerships on paper that will appeal to both our Eastern and Western holders
- Manage Voting Process for Apecoin DAO Cameos and Guest Stars
- Include Product Integration of ApeCoin into the narrative as the Metaverse’s primary form of currency and a plot point in the story
- Produce one (1) Pilot episode for the anime-inspired series
- Produce and distribute two (2) thirty-two page spin-off comic books, each starring an Apecoin Community Member’s NFT Character (Bored Ape, Gutter Species, 0n1, CryptoPunk, WoW, etc)
- Develop and launch a 10-story comic book anthology featuring characters voted on by the Apecoin DAO community
- Add the finished books to our slate of content being shared with traditional print publishers like MacMillan, Penguin, Diamond and others.
- Make the Comic Book Content on our Myth Division token gated platform available for reading by anyone with at least 1 Apecoin in their wallet
- Screen the Pilot exclusively on our token gated website for Apecoin Holders at the appropriate time, but before mainstream release
- Include a Free Claim of an animated American Ape NFT (similar to our proof of concept, BASYC #1.5 on Secondary Marketplaces) to mark the milestone of completion for anyone with 1 Apecoin in their wallet
Timeline: The project aims to produce a 22-minute animated pilot episode over the course of 14-18 months that can compete with the calibure of anime currently distributed by streamers like Crunchyroll, Netflix, HBO Max, and others. Following the successful production, attachment of an A-list team of voiceover actors and a showrunner, the goal is to leverage the quality of the pilot (at any point during production) to secure further funding and distribution for a full eight-episode season of the animated series.
In order to include members of the Apecoin DAO community and various PFP Collections, we would facilitate DAO voting and other selection methods based on participation to select cameos, recurring roles and guest appearances from the community for our stories.
Overall Cost: The team is requesting 50,000 APE in funding to produce the animated series and spin-off comics to expand the Apecoin DAO ecosystem’s lore with stories that integrate members of the Apecoin community, but not exclusive to Bored Ape Yacht Club pfps. The funding will also be used to expand awareness of the ApeCoin ecosystem and engage a broader audience through mainstream distribution outlets.